part 1

Hold Me Tight

 

"Id like to thank everyone who has been with me throughout this tour, physically of spiritually. Without all of you, this tour couldnt be completed. Thank you, our staffs, my hottest who came to my concert, or streaming from home", he chuckles, stops for a moment before he looks directly into her eyes. "Thank you, and I love you".

 

She smiles, waving her lightstick into the air as the crowd starts chanting his name and applause.

 

*****

 

She walks slowly along with the other fans, leaving the hall with the heavy heart. She blinks back her tears, couldn’t believe that was the last concert for his second tour. She had attended every concert without any complaints. And it was not easy. She had to deal with her jealousy every time Minjun brought a fan onto the stage for Hold Me Tight performance. She knew it was nothing. It was just for performances right? But she couldn't help but felt insecure and envious of those fans.

 

Not that she never asked him about it, but he told her to believe in him instead. She believes in him, she never doubts his love for her, but she could never understand why he had never chose her to be up there on the stage. Not even once. When he told her to believe in him, she thought he would at least bring her once, maybe a surprise for his last concert, but her dream crushed when he chose a fan from in a completely opposite seating.

 

"Minjun"

 

"Hm?" he answered without even looking up from his computer.

 

"Minjun ah, can you please hear me out this time, pleasee", she whined. Minjun stopped clicking on the keyboard, he looked up from his computer to face Yumi who was sitting on the desk.

 

He grabbed her hands on her laps and smiled sweetly to her. "I'm sorry. What is it you want to talk about? Tell me".

 

"Hmm... You know, maybe I am asking too much... but..", she stopped halfway, biting her lips nervously as she tried to find the best sentences to voice out her concern.

 

"You never ask too much, its okay. What is it?"

 

"Hold Me Tight stage... Can you bring me on the stage? Um just once, please?"

 

Minjun breathed deeply. He smiled at her again. "Yumi, are you jealous of them?"

 

"No... I just-"

 

"You don’t doubt my love for you, right? Eyy my Yumi isn't like that".

 

"Of course not..."

 

"Then you don't have anything to worry about, love. They are just my fans. You, Natsuki Yumi are my love, my life, my music, my everything", he stood up and kissed her forehead. Yumi felt butterlies all over her stomach. They have been dating for two years but he never failed to make her flattered everytime.

 

He sat down and continued to do his work.

 

"I know. But at least, once, please?" she pouted. "I want to feel how it is like to be on stage too…"

 

Minjun winked, "Just believe in me".

 

A car honk brings her back to reality. She looks at the car that just stops beside her quizzically.

 

"Junho, go get her", Taecyeon says to Junho.

 

Junho nods and steps out from the passenger seat.

 

"Junho?"

 

“Yes, I'm Junho", Junho says sarcastically.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"What else? To get you to the after party".

 

Yumi's face twitches in confusion. "I told Minjun I ain't going".

 

"Hm? Really? But Minjun asks us to get you. Come on. We have to celebrate this night together".

 

Yumi sighs. "I am tired today. Tell him I will just visit him tomorrow before his departure. I'm going home", she starts to walk.

 

"Ya Natsuki Yumi, stop".

 

Yumi stops, turns around and shot Junho a death glare. "Ya?"

 

Junho rolls his eyes. Yumi hates it when Junho addresses her as if they are the same age. And Junho hates it when Yumi acts like a big sister to him just because she is dating his hyung when in fact, she is only two months older than him. He walks towards Yumi and grabs her hands.

 

"JUNHO I AM NOT GOING". She argues as Junho pushes her inside the car.

 

"Whats wrong, Yumi?", Taecyeon stops playing his game and looks at Yumi through the rear view mirror.

 

"I just want to go home".

 

Taecyeon furrows his eyebrows, "Yumi were you sleep walking? Your home is not this way".

 

Yumi freezes. She looks out of the window and her face changes from angry to confusion and then recognition.

 

She laughs nervously. "Ha ha... I was... actually heading to the convenience store, right the convenience store".

 

"What's bothering you?”, Taecyeon asks, not buying Yumi’s excuse.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Come on did I just know you yesterday? You walk to wherever your legs bring you to whenever you're sad".

 

Yumi’s face darkened.

 

Taecyeon was her classmate when they were in college. They happened to be in the same group for two subjects and that was how they grew closer to each other. All of her friends envied her that she got to befriend an idol. Her mind still vividly remembers the first day she met Minjun.

 

"I am so sorry Yumi. I really can't make it this evening".

 

"Taec, I can't do it alone".

 

"I know... But we have emergency dance practice for our event tomorrow. When do we need to submit it again? Friday?".

 

"Tomorrow, Taec, Tomorrow by 12 pm".

 

"God dammit", he sighed.

 

Yumi didnt stop typing, with her phone in between her ears and shoulder.

 

"When will you be done with the practice?"

 

"I am not sure... 10pm? 11? I dont know."

 

"I'll be there. By 10pm. Text me JYP building's address. I'll try to do this as many as I could but I really cant finish this alone. Its a lot of work".

 

"I was about to suggest that. But its quite far from your place-"

 

"Thats fine. This assignment is what matters now".

 

"Thank you, really. Be careful on your way here, Yumi ah".

 

"Haii" Yumi replied in Japanese before hanging up.

 

At the JYP Building : 9:56PM

 

Taecyeon ran to Yumi as she entered the room full of boys looking like she was about to faint anytime soon.

 

"Thank god you have safely arrived. You look so tired. Sit down first, give me the laptop. I'll finish off"

 

"No no no. No time to rest", she opened her bag and took out the laptop. That was when Minjun came to her and handed her a burger and a mineral water.

 

"You look like youre about to faint. Eat up".

 

Yumi hesitated but she reached for the burger. "But isnt this yours?"

 

"No worries. Junho ah, buy me a new burger", he said to Junho who was about to leave the room with Chansung and turned to face Yumi again. "You needed it more. Eat and gain energy so that you can pull all nighter to finish this assignment", he smiled.

 

Yumi froze, astounded by his smile. Minjun reached out his hand and introduced himself. "You must be Yumi. I'm Jun. K. But please, just call me Minjun".

 

Yumi accepted his hand and Minjun flinched jokingly. "Your hand is so cold. Do you want me to lower down the aircond temperature?"

 

Yumi smiled apologetically. "If its fine with you and the members".

 

Minjun signaled to the staff to lower the aircond temperature before turning back to face Yumi and winked.

 

3:15AM

 

"Praise the Lord we're finally done" Taecyeon said with his eyes half-opened.

 

Yumi yawned. She looked around the room and gasped at the clock.

 

"Gosh it's 3am"

 

"Yeah. Geez. Do you have morning class tomorrow?"

 

"... Yes", Yumi fake-cried, remembering that she had a class at 8am tomorrow, or most accurately, later.

 

Minjun who was sleeping beside Taecyeon woke up and groaned. He rubbed his eyes slowly. "Whats the fuss?"

 

After Taecyeon told him the situation, he sat up straight and looked to Yumi worriedly. "I'll send you home".

 

"What? No no no. You have a schedule at 10am. You should rest".

 

"Its only 30 minutes away from here. Dont worry about me. Plus I owe Taec something".

 

"Yeah Yumi. Dont worry about it. You can trust him, he's a really nice guy. If I had my car with me, I would have done the same".

 

"Really... I feel like I am such a burden".

 

Minjun stood up and grabbed her hands gently. "Lets go Yumi".

 

Yumi can't help but smile everytime the memory breaks through her mind. She fell for Minjun on the very first day the met. How could she resist that gentleman?

 

Junho looks at Yumi in confusion. She was so grumpy earlier.

 

"Yumi", he calls her name slowly, not wanting to give her another mini heart attack.

 

Yumi snaps back to reality. She looks at Junho who is standing beside the car door. "Huh??"

 

"We've arrived. You have a lot in your mind eh". Junho offers his hand and Yumi accepts it without saying anything. After all, she really dislike being in the club. Club makes her dizzy and she always have to rely on someone to guide her through.

 

She steps outside and looks up only to be welcomed by a huge Karaoke sign board. "Karaoke??", she turns to Junho and looks at him quizzically.

 

Junho shrugs. "You hate clubbing. So here we are". 

 

^^^^^

~the words in italics are what happened in the past.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys! First of all *screams frustratedly* THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A ONESHOT FIC >:(

But I'm currently busy studying for finals ;( So I just decided to post the one that was in my draft, I havent finished writing yet, ugh.

I apologize if there's any grammatical and spelling errors!

Please look forward to part 2!! I'll probably update after Minjun's birthday. 

Happy New Year! Feedbacks are greatly appreciated! :D Oh, and Happy Minjun Day! *throws conffeti*

 

p/s : cant wait until finals is over so that I could spent hours reading Minjun's Day fics ujdffkl