Comeback Home (2)

Good Thing(s)

I continued it, just as you asked! But I think this will be the last for now since I have some new ideas in mind ^_^


Taeyeon’s eyes open up in a flash and she sees nothing but white dots which blur her vision.

 

She shuts her eyes close as the blinding pain from some odd area in her head takes control of her entire body.

 

With her eyes closed, she attempts to inspect her surroundings, she feels something tickling her nose, still unmoving she takes a whiff and comes to the realisation that it was someone’s hair.

 

Coconut Shampoo.

 

And then suddenly,

 

JESSICA.

 

Ah yes, there she was cuddling with her so called best friend on her couch in her damned apartment.

 

Oh, well. .

 

Her arms were wound tightly around the girls petite waist, Jessica’s little head snuggled in the warmth of Taeyeon’s neck and her hands loosely draped over Taeyeon’s torso.

 

Their legs were intertwined in a mess of blankets, Jessica’s heels had long fallen off the foot of the couch.

 

Taeyeon, not knowing what to do, simply opens her eyes and stares at the girl's ear which stuck out from between her messy hair.

 

She cranes her neck as far as she possibly could without moving her body and her eyes land on the wall-clock.

 

9:15 AM

 

She sighs a little sigh before looking back down at the mess they’d made.

 

She obviously didn’t want to wake the girl up because Hungover!Jessica was the absolute worst.

 

Unfortunately for Taeyeon, she’d skipped the most interesting part of the night - Drunk&Sappy!Jessica. That Jessica was the best.

 

She stays in their warm embrace for a while longer before the guilt which came from the depths of Taeyeon hell starts to make it’s way up.

A lump forms itself in , a feeling she should’ve gotten used to by now.

 

She has a boyfriend.

 

She’s not yours.

 

She’s not yours.

 

Slowly and carefully she frees her left hand which was stuck under the side of Jessica’s waist, and then starts to do the same for her other hand.

 

And then, Taeyeon’s stupid elbow knocks Jessica right in the chin.

 

SHSUTEFFUF. .

 

Jessica mumbles something completely inaudible to Taeyeon’s startled years before turning over and practically burying herself in the sofa.

 

Master has given Taeyeon a sleepy Jessica. Taeyeon is free!

 

Taeyeon’s legs dangle from the couch as she looks over at what she could see of Jessica.

 

It hurt her to no end in so many different ways to even think about the fact that all she ever wanted to do was grab that sleepy idiot’s face and kiss her all over, wrap her arms around her waist and hold her forever, spoil her lazy to no end and give her all the love in the world.

 

She just wanted Jessica to be hers. Was that too much to ask?

 

Maybe it was.

 

Sighing, she lightly ruffles the sleeping kittens hair before stretching her body out and walking over to the open kitchen counter to get herself a glass of water.

 

Faint sun rays make their way in from the window Taeyeon was looking out of the previous night, the city seemed to be asleep.

 

Her eyes fall on the long-forgotten coffee cup on the glass table which was sure to have stained by now.

 

Clumsily, she picks it off the table and uses the end of her sweater to lazily wipe the smudge off, she wobbles over to the sink and coldly pours the cup's contents into the drain.

 

She turns around with the glass of water in her hand only to be met with the utter mess she’d made last night. Their phones still lay on the floor along with Jessica’s little handbag.

 

Groaning, she arches her back in an attempt to stretch it before bending down to pick up everything and emotionlessly placing it on the table.

 

She takes a seat at the table and sips on the glass of water, her back facing Jessica, the blinding pain in her head starts to make its way back but she ignores it with every ounce of strength left in her body.

 

Just as she’s about to sink into her own disorganized thoughts she hears the very familiar sounds of a certain someone struggling to wake up.

 

Sighing, Taeyeon knowingly walks over to the couch. Indeed little Jessica was twisting and turning make a wreck out of the million cushions that Taeyeon always kept on the couch for no apparent reason.

 

The pink blanket falls onto the floor and Jessica kicks her leg out in frustration. Taeyeon smiles a rare smile, the ones where her dimples showed, and decides to step in before Jessica decided to rip a cushion apart in frustration.

 

“Sica yah!” Taeyeon yells as she wounds her arms around the girl's’ waist yet again to help her get out of the couch she’d buried herself in.

 

Jessica whines, kicking her feet in the air in the process, “Jessica Jung!” squeals Taeyeon playfully while trying to get a good hold of the squirming girl.

 

Jessica whimpers in protest but gives up and faces Taeyeon with blurry eyes, she wordlessly puts her hands up to her head and sobs.

 

Hungover!Jessica….. Or should I say Jungover?

 

“D’aww poor baby is hungover.” Taeyeon cooes in a playful manner as she pecks Jessica on the cheek before pulling her up and into what she called a loving embrace.

 

Jessica whines into her neck and tiredly wraps her arms around Taeyeon, pressing her head against the poor girl's collarbone, hoping, that by some magic, her headache could be cured.

 

“Come.” Taeyeon says, “Let’s get you some water and most importantly coffee.”

 

She drags her towards the table, in a manner akin to what she was doing last night, and sets a wobbly Jessica down on the chair she was previously seated in.

 

Jessica grabs Taeyeon’s unfinished glass of water and gulps it down, or rather spills half of it over her shirt while Taeyeon selflessly makes her a cup of coffee.

 

Jessica’s head slumps over onto the table as she patiently waits, she closes her eyes and memories from the night before make their way back to her.

 

Ahhhhhh why’d she ever decide to go to a club alone? She starts to feel rather guilty for Taeyeon and lifts her head up only to meet eyes with the gentle girl who held a cup of coffee in her hands.

 

“Okay, I’m no Yuri but, here.” Taeyeon says as she places it on the table.

 

Jessica, who’s vision was still unclear and blurry, mumbles a pathetic “mmankyu” in response.

 

Taeyeon chuckles and brews a cup for herself before seating herself in front of Jessica who was hissing and gulping the hot drink down.

 

“You okay kiddo?” Taeyeon asks her, the question was met with an unenthusiastic nod.

 

“Imsory” Jessica manages to mumble out in between sips, Taeyeon raises an eyebrow, “What for? Ruining my incredibly eventful Friday evening or breaking my hand?” Taeyeon says in a clearly jocular manner.

 

“Evthing.” Jessica says, her voice ridden with guilt.

 

“Hey, hey, it’s okay.” Taeyeon says, this time in a firm reassuring manner as she reaches her hand out and grabs Jessica’s hands which were balled into a cute little fist.

 

Jessica smiles, her eyes still closed, but Taeyeon catches it and smiles back.

 

“And besides, I love Drunk Jessica.” Taeyeon says casually, letting the girl believe that her night wasn’t all that bad.

 

Jessica smiles again and blushes, something that doesn’t go unnoticed by Kim Sly-yeon.

 

The tired girl sees her phone laying on the table and slides it over to Taeyeon, indicating for her to check for any messages.

 

Taeyeon turns it on and the first thing that catches her eye is Jessica’s wallpaper. A picture of the two of them they’d taken while drinking coffee at Starbucks.

 

Taeyeon smiles and starts to flare up, and just as she’s about to colour, she see’s a string of messages from a certain someone.

 

12:12 AM - Tyler. - Jessica, where are you?

 

The first thing that excites Taeyeon is the full stop at the end of his name, that can’t be good can it? She thinks to herself.

 

12:15 AM - Tyler. - I’m sorry, please come back home.

 

Sorry for what? Taeyeon starts to get a little suspicious as something along the lines of, “I swear if you have caused Jessica even a millisecond of discomfort I will hurt you.” springs up into her head.

 

1:14 AM - Tyler. - Jessica. I’m worried now. I’m sorry.

 

Yeah, you better be worried, mother er.

 

2:13 AM - Tyler. - I swear. I didn’t mean to.

 

Didn’t mean to what?

 

2:15 AM - Tyler - She came onto me. I swear.

 

And that’s when Taeyeon loses it. Her senses come to an absolute halt, her ears turn red and she starts to shake in ire.

 

She slams the phone onto the table and jerks Jessica’s hand in fury, “He cheated on you?” she spits out, her tone decorated with nothing but bitterness and absolute rage.

 

Jessica’s heart comes to a stop on hearing her words. Almost spitting her coffee out, she it off her lips and mentally berates herself.

 

Why in the name of did I give her my phone?

 

She looks up, feeling smaller than ever as she stares into Taeyeon’s enraged eyes, finally she nods slowly and looks back down at the little cup on the table.

 

Taeyeon grinds her teeth together, her jaw sharpens and she tries her absolute best not to break Jessica’s hand which she probably shouldn’t have been holding.

 

Every part of her is filled with nothing but wrath.

 

After what seemed like an hour of silence, she shakily sets the phone which she’d almost broken into half onto the table and takes in a sharp intake of breath that physically hurt her chest.

An unmoving Jessica, who was still looking down at the table with nothing to say for herself starts to well up and finally finds the courage to look up at her friend, who was probably thinking about ways to hurt the man.

 

“T-Taengoo.” Jessica calls out in a jittery voice.

 

Taeyeon immediately looks over at the girl, their hands still interlinked, and her gaze (which could’ve killed) softens and her eyes start to pool up as she see’s the girls sorry state.

 

“I-” Taeyeon starts off, not knowing where to go.

 

“I hate him.” she says finally. “You have no ing clue.” she spits out, her voice shaking as she continued, “I hate him so ing much.”

 

The first tears start to roll down Jessica’s face, “I hate him too.” she says mildly, starting to tremble, she then bites down on her lip to stop from having a mental breakdown in front of the only person she had left.

 

“You sure as ain’t staying with him, alright?” Taeyeon says, still angry, as she moves over to Jessica’s side of the table, their interlocked arms still intact, in an attempt to comfort her.

 

Taeyeon pulls her in for a hug and Jessica rests her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Where will I stay?” she asks Taeyeon in a small, scared voice.

 

“With me. No questions asked.” Taeyeon answers within a flash, Jessica nods meekly and sniffles before starting to cry again.

 

Taeyeon feels herself starting to get a little heated, the sound of the one person she never wanted to see crying, crying - broke her already bashed up heart into billions of tiny pieces.

 

“Look at me.” She says firmly as she takes a sturdy hold of Jessica’s wrists, “You’re better than him. A million times better than him.” she starts off, her voice starting to break in the middle, “You’re a mothering princess and he’s a nobody. Alright?” she finishes off bitterly while Jessica’s back.

 

“No one’s ever going to hurt you when I’m around, okay?. No one."

 


This wasn't all that great imo but I hope you can forgive me for that! I have some great new ideas for new stories so stay tuned :D