Meeting the Parents I

Kyuhyun Got Married! *WE GOT MARRIED*

[ THIRD WEEK OF HYUNSOO COUPLE ON WGM ]

I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad

Carry you around when your arthritis is bad

Oh, all I wanna do is grow old with you......                                                               Kyuhyun was practicing as he prepared something in their new kitchen. Hye Soo was to arrive in a few minutes and he wanted to surprise her with something. Just then, the door slowly opened, the cameras focusing on the newly arrived person. It was Hye Soo laden with groceries and other things for their house. Kyuhyun smiled and ducked into the alcove, it being a bit hidden from the entrance and the kitchen, since heavy drapes were already hung on it. 

Oh, nobody's home? I guess Kyuhyun-oppa hasn't arrived yet.                                                 she mumbled, putting all that she was carrying onto the table and started sorting through it, putting them into the cupboards and the refrigerator. Kyuhyun smiled, and then took the guitar he borrowed from Sungmin and started strumming. 

I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad

Carry you around iif your arthritis is bad

Oh, all I wanna do, is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches

Build you a fire when the furnace breaks

Oh, all I wanna do is grow old with you                                                                                       he sang as he went out from the alcove, Hye Soo was surprised and wheeled about. 

I'll miss you

Kiss you

Give you my coat when you are cold

I need you

Feed you

Even let you hold the remote control                                                                                    she was starting to tear up making Kyuhyun stop strumming to wipe off a forming tear.

So, let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink

Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink

Oh I could be the man who grows old with you

I wanna grow old with you                                                                                                   he finished the song on one knee, holding up a tiny ring box. She smiled and accepted it, and as she opened it, she gasped at the beauty of their rings. 

 

Uwah! Jagii, wasn't this... expensive?                                                                                she asked him. Kyuhyun just smiled and shook his head. 

Don't worry about it, neh? How about we wear it to each other?                                              Kyuhyun suggested, taking Hye Soo's ring from the box. Hye Soo happily offered her left hand and Kyuhyun slowly pushed it into her finger, while looking directly into her eyes. She did the same to him, but was suddenly caught unaware of Kyuhyun's face just inches away. 

W-W-Wae?                                                                                                                she stuttered, pushing him with little amount of force. Kyuhyun smirked and slowly backed off. Then he led her to the alcove where he had prepared food for the two of them. 

Yo-You cooked?!                                                                                              she asked, almost not believing her eyes. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and seated her opposite of him. She took her spoon and then dipped it into the ddeokbukki and was surprised. 

Jagii, you... Seriously made this?                                                                             she kept on asking him, totally not convinced. 

Wae? Isn't it delicious?                                                                                     he told her worried about the taste. Hye Soo shook her head. 

Aniyo. It's totally wonderful! It's just that....                                                         she trailed it off, trying another sip of the ddeokbukki. 

Mwo? You really believed that I'm a bad cook?                                                           he pouted, pretending to be sad. 

Well, a bit maybe?                                                                                             Hye Soo sweatdropped. He shot her a glare, making her panic.

But, this is really delicious! One thing that I like about a man is that he knows how to cook, you know.             she continued as she took one bite of the rice cake. Kyuhyun suddenly was staring at her, with his face just a few inches away from hers. 

W-What... I mean... A-Are you a ninja or something?                                                she deadpanned, trying to avoid the staring contest he was already into. 

You like a man who knows how to cook?                                                          Kyuhyun repeated, not taking his eyes off of hers. Hye Soo shyly met his eyes and nodded. 

So, you don't like me?                                                                                                  he said, crossing his arms across his chest, and frowned. 

Eh? Wa-Wae? Didn't you cook this?                                                                       she stuttered not understanding him. 

Aniyo. I called for delivery. I just heated that here.                                                              he told her, with a smirk. 

That's alright. I can cook for the both of us and maybe, I can make you eat vegetables.                she said, remembering one fact about Kyuhyun that she saw on the internet. 

EHHHH?! M-M-Make m-me eat.... vegetables?                                                             it was his turn to stutter. She nodded excitedly. 

Challenge accepted, baby!                                                                                                Kyuhyun said, making her smirk at his words. They happily ate, before they retired in their living room. 

Anyway, what are we going to do today? Didn't you promise that we'll go on a trip today?                she said, anticipating something. 

Oh, I forgot about that. Kaja?                                                                                             he said, standing up, offering his hand out to her. She accepted it, stood up and took her bag before they went out. He led her to his car and let her in, before going towards the driver's seat and starting the engine. 

[ KH: We're going to meet my family. I couldn't find a nice place to go to, so I decided to let her meet them today. Besides, Omma and Noona were teasing and asking a lot of questions of my married life and my wife, so I said, why not? ]

Where are we going?                                                                                                 she asked, taking note of the lack of traveling equipment at the backseat. 

How about we keep it a secret so that it'll be a surprise?                                                  he told her, earning a pout. 

You already surprised me today. How about telling me now, neh??                             she said in her cutest voice. Kyuhyun chuckled and thought about it. 

Jagiiiiiiii!!                                                                                                                  she whined, trying to convince him to tell her.

Arrasseo.. Arrasseo... Just don't whine like that.. I'm driving here!!                               he said, controlling himself from looking and wanting to kiss her. Hye Soo pouted, and waited for him to tell her. 

We're going to meet someone.                                                                              he told her, driving on the way to their academy. 

Nu-nugu? (W-Who?)                                                                                                  she asked, a bit nervous waiting his reply. 

Nae abeoji. (My Father).                                                                                             Kyuhyun dropped the bomb. Hye Soo looked at him with open a few inches. 

Y-Yo-YOUR FATHER?!                                                                                       she exclaimed, now really surprised. 

[ HS: I was surprised! Again! Well, it's not that I don't want to meet abeonim, but fathers usually scare me. Even some of my uncles scare me. And also my friend's fathers. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with one. Though there was someone who was very father-like, we didn't get to spend enough time together. 

Q: What happens to you when you meet a father?

HS: I go all shy, my voice goes all squeaky and high pitched than the usual. And then, I feel all nervous, my heart pounds like I ran a thousand miles, my hands go all sweaty. And I tend to have avert my eyes from theirs. Yeah, that's all.

Neh, waeyo? (Yes, why?) Is something wrong?                                                     he said, as they stopped at an intersection. He looked at her as she panicked, checking her appearance and everything.

I'm... I'm not ready! Look at me!! I didn't even put make-up on!                              she said, fussing about her make-up. Kyuhyun started driving again and  kept on biting his lips. Hye Soo noticed that it was a bit silent in the car and looked at him. 

Are you.... laughing at me?                                                                               she said, giving him a cold stare. Kyuhyun gulped, and shook his head.

An-Aniyo... It's just that you... You don't have to be fussy about that. Appa doesn't look at my girls with just their appearance, understand?                                                                                      he told her, as they finally reached their destination.

Your girls?                                                                                                she repeated, making Kyuhyun become all flustered.

It's not like that, neh, baby? I meant... AH, we're late! We have to go!!                         he exclaimed, changing the topic and took her hand to lead her in. But Hye Soo stopped him by letting go of his.

Wae? (Why?)                                                                                                        he asked, apparently in a hurry.

LOOK AT ME!! I'M NOT DRESSED APPROPRIATELY!!                                                 she said, her pitch a little higher.

[ KH: I wasn't exactly catching on what she meant about not dressed appropriately. I guess, she meant the shorts. It was fine, unless she's not with me and she lets other guys ogle at her wonderful legs. ]

What do you mean not appropriately dressed?                                                          Kyuhyun asked, scratching his head. Hye Soo sighed. 

I meant, I need to wear something formal! You could've told me so that I could prepare this dress!!                  she said, showing him a picture on her phone. 

Oh, so you want to appear all sweet and cute to my father?                                             Kyuhyun asked, as he understood it all. 

KROMYO! (Of course!) If they see me like this, they'll think of me as irresponsible!                         she told him, thinking that she can still change his mind and they could go somewhere else for the day. But..

Well, since we're already here. How about we say hi to abeoji? Neh?                                    he said, before scooping her up and walking towards the doors. 

JAGIII! I'M HEAVY! PUT ME DOWN!!                                                                              she frantically whispered to him, glancing at the other people who were watching them. 

You're not heavy. I'll put you down when we reach inside. You might try to escape if I put you down now.        he said, not caring about the watchful eyes of people around them. They reached the door of the school and there he put her down carefully, before grabbing her hands. 

I won't escape. It'll be embarrasing if I do, since your father already saw us.                       she told him, motioning to the glass doors that separated them to Mr. Cho and the students who were to welcome them. They both entered, with Hye Soo getting more and more nervous with each step they take. As soon as they were in front of Mr. Cho, she bowed 90in respect. 

Annyeong haseyo! Choi Hye Soo imnida!                                                             she greeted him with enthusiasm. Mr. Cho just smiled. 

Welcome to XXXXX Art Academy!                                                                               the students greeted them.