The Artist

Day6: a collection of scenarios

He’d been sitting there for the last four hours, not that Sungjin was watching him, he was simply curious about the customer with the boyish charms. The customer who’d shown up when the bar opened and left when it was time to close. The customer who even now was sitting in the corner, with a sketchbook and pencils. 
With the same concentrated look as he had worn for the last five nights, his pencil softly scratched the paper leaving thin grey marks in its wake. Occasionally losing focus to lift his eyes, only to have them met by eyes that crinkled round the edges with the smile that illuminates the bar tender’s face. Feeling heat rise to the tips of his ears, Dowoon’s hand finds itself awkwardly rubbing his neck. Tonight was the night that he would finally be finished with his work, lowering his hand to pick up his pencil, he purses his lips bringing the pencil up to touch his lips out of habit. He shyly chances a glance at the man he’d learned went by the name of Sungjin, this time his gaze was not met allowing Dowoon to freely study his subject. After closer inspection, he realised that he’d be finished in a few more of graphite. 
It’d been a few days since Sungjin had seen the customer who couldn’t meet his eyes without his ears turning beetroot red. Admittedly, Sungjin actually kind of missed him, setting down the glass he had been polishing he set his eyes on the customer in front of him. 
Holding his sketchbook tight to his chest, he plucked up the courage to gently place the book in front of Sungjin. 
“Uh, I just thought that maybe, maybe you’d like to see them.” 
The depth of Dowoon’s voice surprising Sungjin, dropping his eyes to the book smudged with charcoal and graphite, he carefully lifts the cover. 
Noticing what lies on the first page, the bar tender’s eyebrows shoot upwards. 
“These… You drew me?” 
“Yeah, uh, are they ok, I mean do you, uh, like them?“ 
Dowoon nervously replies avoiding eye contact with the man he spent five nights carefully drawing. 
“Wow, these seriously good, this is what you were doing for the last few days?“
Slowly nodding, Dowoon finally brings his eyes to meet Sungjin’s. 
“I, uh, just wanted to thank you.” 
“For what?” Sungjin smiles reassuringly at him, having noticed that he was slowly turning red. 
“Um, for helping me pass art school and uh if you um want, you can keep them” 
“Thank you and I’m sure that you would have passed without me, you clearly have talent.” 
For the first time Sungjin gets to see Dowoon’s brilliant smile, a smile that brightens the room. 
Laughing, Sungjin scratches his head. 
“I think I’m going to have to get sun glasses if you keep that up.”