Chapter 2: Additional Chapter

Your name is...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, my subscribers! After 5 years of this story, finally, I wrote an additional chapter of 'Your name is..'  Can I call this sequel or not?  It's just a random idea I had again and I was thinking why not I use it to make a sequel of this story ^^ Oh, before that, I made a few adjustments to chapter 1, mostly in terms of wording and a few changes towards the end of chapter 1. It would be better if you guys read it first before chapter 2 :) 

 

 

His eyes were on her who was sleeping soundly in her wardroom.

 

"I read the report. It would be a bit difficult if Tiffany has no memory of what happened that night" Taeyeon and Sooyoung were standing outside the room while observing the girl through the small window glass on the door. Taeyeon was still not discharged from the hospital.


He nodded. "It can be temporary, Soo. She told me she didn't remember anything since the day she got kidnapped and the doctor said it could happen if she suffers from trauma or witnessed it"


Sooyoung paused "Yah, don't you think she..."


"This is just an assumption but maybe she- " Taeyeon turned his head at him "-witnessed her parents got killed at the night she was kidnapped"


"Are you going to tell her about her parents?"


Taeyeon shifted his attention to the sleeping woman again and sighed. "It's hard but she deserves to know what happened to her family"


Taeyeon went to her room the next day to have a conversation with her. Taeyeon has told her everything he knows about herself, including her parents' deaths at their mansion and why she was kidnapped for two weeks. Taeyeon's investigation found a link between the syndicate he was looking into and her father's business rival. It all started with jealousy and evolved into a massive hungry battle for the top spot in the logistics business. Currently, the company was under police investigation as they were involved in human smuggling and drug trafficking. And Tiffany almost becomes their victim if Taeyeon didn't find her at the old mansion.


Tiffany was at a loss for words as she listened to him. It was difficult for her to process everything she had heard. Her heart began to ache as Taeyeon gave her a photo of her family. Slow breath became ragged breath in seconds, and when she couldn't take it any longer, she burst into cries. It was difficult for her. It was difficult for her to believe that she was suddenly alone and without anyone by her side. She wished she could recall what had happened to her parents, but she was also afraid of it.


Taeyeon stood up and wrapped the crying woman into a comforting hug, gently rubbing her back.


"Everything is going to be fine, Tiffany..." He whispered.


Two days after that, both of them have discharged from the hospital. As promised, Tiffany was staying with Taeyeon until the case is solved. Taeyeon promised himself that he would never leave the woman alone. But it worried him because after the day he told Tiffany everything, the woman seems to be quiet and barely talk anything. She only speaks when he asked a question and the answer was short. Tiffany was always seen staring outside of the window without saying anything and her eyes were looks empty.


Taeyeon still couldn't go back to work again because of his injury so he was given a week to recover. And day by day he tried to cheer up the woman without giving up as he also witnesses what happened to her at the old mansion. He understands how her feelings are and decide to not push the woman. He also understands what it's like to be left alone.


Because he also lost his parent when he was still in high school.


Tiffany cried uncontrollably one night while sleeping. Taeyeon dashed to her room and had to wake the woman from her sleep. As a small memory began to form in her dream, she began to cry harder in his chest. It startled her, and it scared her much more when she told him she saw two people lying on the floor, covered in blood. Taeyeon's assumption could be right that Tiffany actually really witnessed how her parents get killed.


He didn't leave the woman alone that night till she gradually calmed down and went back to sleep. She never let go of Taeyeon's hand because she was terrified he would leave her. Without awakening the woman, Taeyeon slowly let go of his hand. He drew the blanket over her and pulled it around her. His hand was caressing her hair gently and he couldn't help but felt worried.


"I won't leave you. I promise..."


....


*ding dong*


Tiffany rushed to the door after she checked the visitor through the monitor.


"Hi, Tiffany!" She was greeted by Sooyoung who has a big smile on his face.


"Hi, Soo" She greeted him.


"I brought a dinner" He excitedly lifted two plastic bags in his hand. it wasn't the first time Sooyoung had come to Taeyeon's apartment. He always comes to check on his friends and sometimes three of them would have dinner together. Tiffany was still on high alert with the people around her since she only trusted Taeyeon, but Sooyoung was the second person she sought to feel at ease with after Taeyeon because she knew the two detectives were best friends.


"Taeyeon is still not home yet?" Sooyoung asked while getting into the apartment.


Tiffany shook her head.


"Weird, he supposed to come home straight after the meeting with the chief. That's what he told me. It was supposed to end three hours ago and now it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter