Chapter 1: Final

Your name is...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Thumpp!!!!


I’m scared


Why is thunder so frightening and loud

 

Sitting at the corner of the room, my face buried between my knees, terrified by the thunder. I slowly raised my head, my gaze fixed on the window. It was raining outside and the sky was dark.


There’s nothing in this room.  It’s just an empty room with a single bed and a chair. I looked down at my white blouse. It has turned brown now because of dirt.


*Thumpp!!!


My body was trembling as I hid my face once more. I had to fight back tears.


Mom, I’m scared...  Help me...


Mom?....


Do I have a mom?  I don’t know...  I can’t remember


"Someone...  Please... " I said weakly but to whom am I speaking? This room is completely empty.


What I am doing here... 


I want to go home but how?  I even don’t know what this place is. And I don't know the person who brought me here?

 


*creakkk....

 


The door swung open, letting some light into the room and allowing me to hear footsteps enter. A tray of food was placed on the floor, and the door was closed and locked. The lighting in the room decreased once again.


It took me a minute to regain my calm. I didn't feel anything as I glanced at the food. I was hungry, but my mind would not let me eat. I don't have any desire to eat.


Why the night is so long.   When this will be over?  I let out a small smile, feeling stupid with my own question. 


Over?...  I don’t even know when the starter


The rain continues to fall heavily, but there is no longer any thunder.

 


*creak... 

 


The door swung open once more, and footsteps could be heard. What are they looking for? I'm not sure who it was, but I'm guessing it was a man because of his leather shoes. He took the tray from the counter and went carefully towards me. I was irritated by the sound of his footsteps. It was noisy.


I wish there was no wall behind me because I want to run away from him. 


I cautiously raised my head, hoping to catch a glimpse of his face. Who is he? He's tall and dressed in a black suit, but who is he?


He knelt in front of me and place the tray next to me. I was scared as I gazed at him.


"Why you are not eating?... " With a gentle voice, he asked. I feel at ease when I hear his voice. With sad eyes, he gazed at me.


I only shook my head, refusing to respond. He sighed and reached into his pocket for something. It was a handkerchief, to be specific.


He extended his hand, but I winced since I didn't want anyone touching me. He gave a kind smile.


"Gwenchana... I won't hurt you as they do to you," he said gently as he wiped my cheek. Since I walked into this room, this was the first time someone had treated me with care. With him, I suddenly feel protected.


And, indeed, my body was covered in bruises and wounds.


He took my hand in his and carefully placed the handkerchief on my palm.


"Keep it," he said, smiling again, which I like seeing. It was just nice. He was also the first person to greet me with a smile since I came.

 

I tightened my fists and clutched the handkerchief with both hands.


"Do you know why you are here?” he asked.


"... "


"Do you have any idea why they kidnapped you?"


Slowly, I shook.


He replied "It's all right. Don't even think it. Just think about how you can get out from here."


When he mentioned how I could get out of here, I stared at him with hope in my eyes.


He patted my head and said, "I'll help you. Now is the right time to put an end to everything.”


"..."


"Before that, can I... know your name?" He asked


Silent


He laughed "It's all right, I get it. I won’t force you"


It's not that I don't want to answer his question; it's just that I don't have total trust in him. I even don’t know who he is.


"I’m Kim Taeyeon. Nice to meet you"


Kim Taeyeon... is his name...


Tae... Yeon


Nice to meet you too...


Taeyeon



..........



The next day, night.



"It's time for her to eat," Taeyeon remarked coldly to the two guards stationed at the entrance to my room. The guard examined him before nodding and allowing him to enter the room.


He came inside and glanced at me, nodding a little, and I nodded back. He then throws the tray on the floor, attracting the guards' attention. The guards stormed the room.


"What are you guys doing?!!! That woman is missing!!!" Taeyeon shouted and I could hear a slapping sound.


"What?!” the guards were shocked.


"Don’t ing make that shocking face! How could that woman get away?!!"


One of the guards approached the open window and lowered his gaze.


"I’m sorry sir. I think she runs away through the window." He bows a bit, feeling scared.


"So, what exactly are you waiting for?! Tell everyone to look for her!! She can't be that far away!"


"Y-yes, sir!"

 

"Make sure you catch her before the boss becomes noticed. If he finds out about this, I'll make sure you never breathe again in this world "Taeyeon said in a frightful tone.

"Y-yes sir... "

"Then get out of here!!" Taeyeon yelled.


Both guards dashed out of the room in search of me. Taeyeon exited the room for a moment before returning.


"Hey... You're free to leave now. They're all gone now."


I stepped out cautiously from behind the door, still terrified. I didn't move from my place and just stared at him. My whole body was trembling.


He approaches me and takes my hand in his. "Don't be afraid. I'm right here with you."


I gripped his hand hard and nodded, trusting his words. He gave a kind smile.


"Let’s go... " We quickened our pace, and I realized that we were in a mansion, an old mansion.


Every step we took was careful, and Taeyeon will ensure that I am safe.


We were finally out of the mansion and walking faster. Taeyeon discovered a road and walked through it, slowing our pace because he believed we were already far away from the mansion.


Taeyeon took his phone out of his pocket and dialled a number. After then, he hung up the phone.


“Are you all right?” As he turned to face me, he asked. I just glanced down and nodded.


“Don't be worried. Someone will come and get us. All we have to do now is wait.” He gave me a pat on the head. I like it when he treats me like that.


“U-um…” I nodded once again, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter