Part 1

His existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 years old. He was only 10 years old when he first met her when her family moved in to the neighbourhood. He swore, she has the rosiest cheeks and the cutest eye smile.

"What's your name?"

"Jinri. Choi Jinri. You?"

"I am Oh Sehun! I am living next door!" 

The day when he found her name as beautiful as the owner. 

 

He was 12 years old, when the boys from her class stole her chocolate bar and he stood up for her. Although he got punched by them, he was glad that he managed to get back her chocolate bar, and the smile returned. 

"Thank you Sehun."

"You're welcome."

"You are hurt! Your elbow bleeded."

"It's just a small cut."

Jinri took out her hello kitty plaster and placed it on his elbow, "This plaster has magical power, it will heal your wound and stop the bleeding," she giggled.

The boy smiled and nodded.

The day when he found her giggles just as melodious as angel's voice. 

 

He was 15 years old, when she hid at the playground, avoiding everyone so that she can cry to her heart's content. The senior that she admired just announced that he is attached and this news came to sudden that Jinri didn't know how to handle it. Sehun sat beside her and pat her head.

"Don't cry anymore."

Jinri sniffed, "He has a girlfriend... I am so sad! I haven't even get to confess and I already got eliminated!"

Sehun gave a bitter smile as he handed her favourite bubble tea, "Come on, cheer up, it's not the end of the world."

"Tsk, boys."

Jinri managed to smile after drinking the sweetened drink, "Thank you Sehun."

The day when he found his heart bleed as her tears rolled uncontrollably. 

 

He was 19 years old, when she barged into his room while he was studying, feeling all excited to tell him that she shared her first kiss with her boyfriend, Taemin. 

"The date went smoothly and it ended perfectly when we kissed! Do you know how happy I was?? I can't believe we are not official."

"Hmm..."

"Yah, are you listening to me?"

"Hmm..."

Jinri frowned, as she put her hands on her hips, feeling annoyed at his cold treatment, "Why are you so nonchalant?"

"I have a test tomorrow, I need to study," he simply said, giving her a glance, before returning back to her books.

"Fine...I will go home first..." She left dejectedly. 

The day when he found out he didn't want anyone to own her, he didn't like any other guy near her except him, he felt jealous when she talks about other guys. The day, he found out that he likes Jinri more than just best friend, he has always been in love with her but she doesn't see it the same as he does. 

 

--

It was 2am, when his phone rang. Groaning, he picked up the call, "Hmmm?"

"Sehun..."

Sehun's eyes opened upon hearing his best friend's trembling voice, "Jinri, what's wrong??"

"Sehun... Come pick..." she hiccuped, "Me up..."

Sighing, he threw a hoodie over his head and rushed off to pick Jinri up at her favourite bar. On the way to find her, he can't help to feel worry because Jinri rarely drinks. She only drinks when she is upset, and she sounded really broken earlier on. 

He scanned the place and he spotted his best friend lying on one's arm on the bar table. She was drunk. 

"Jinri," Sehun pat her cheeks, "Are you okay?"

Jinri's eyes fluttered open, "Sehun! My Sehun is here!" She pulled forward for a hug, "My Sehun is the best. Only you care about me! Even Taemin doesn't care about me..." she then started crying. 

Sehun held onto the wobbling body tightly, afraid that she will fall, "You are drunk, let's go home okay?"

"I am not drunk!" Jinri denied, "I don't want to go home," she protested, "I still want more."

Giving no chance for her to order another drink, he piggybacked and took her belonging and left the place, despite her continuous whines.

 

The way back was peaceful, probably because Jinri had fallen asleep. Sehun chuckled looking at her face, he frowned, wondering who made her sad. Could it be Taemin? He thought, and he shook his head looking at her sleeping like a baby on his back.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter