Fall 5: Jinx

Fall For Me Instead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My arm got out of Jiyong's grasp and I heard him exhale.

 

"Kiko."

 

After the momentary stun, she greeted, "Hello. I hope you guys don't mind my interruption." 


Jiyong shrugged his shoulders, and Kiko took it as a approval as she treaded towards us while her eyes surveyed around the room, seemingly looking for the other members, but didn't voice out a question about their disappearance.


"You probably know me already, but just for formalities, I'm Kiko Mizuhara," she introduced, extending her hand towards me. Her introduction was reeking with so much arrogrance.


Do I rely have to return the gesture?


Manners, Dara... Manners. Jeez.


"I'm Park Sandara," I responded with a little enthusiam, accepting her hand and shsking it. After that, she sat at the couch opposite ours. 


"Jiyong's friend," I added since she still has this inquisitive look in her eyes. My statement made her quirk a brow and glance at him anon.


"Oh, really? That's good that he now has a newfound female friend. It's a bit of an odd sight to see him with a girl aside from me." She laughed. Out of courtesy, I did too, although I did not find it funn. I just wanted to ease the tension surrounding us.


"Yeah, you two are always together."


Always together... to the point of doing something sneaky.


Kiko gave me a lopsided smile, not bothering to enlighten me after my statement. "So... How did you two became friends?" 


I gulped a bit at how she squarely ask that. Now this is starting to feel like we're in an interrogation room.


It's okay, Dara. You already practiced this. 


"At the first day of school, I kinda pestered him since I have no one to talk to. Eventually, he reciprocated the conversations I would initiate. It just took me by surprise when he said by then that he wanted to pursue me." I teeheed and nudged Jiyong playfully. I hope it didn't come out as though I have already rehearsed many times for that explanation.


"Is that right, Jiyong?" Kiko turned to him for a confirmation. I'm resisting so hard not to make my nostrils flare because of her dubiety. Wow, is it that hard to believe? (╬•᷅д•᷄╬)


I peered from my eyelashes, shooting Jiyong a say-something-or-I'll kill-you-look, and he seems to get what I'm trying to infer.


"Yeah," he said cooly. "I mean, she's pretty annoying."


My vein almost popped at that one, so I shot him a glare. What the heck is he doing!? Is he trying to mess it up now?


One more wrong word, Kwon.
(ʘ言ʘ╬)


"At first," he corrected himself, and I feel like he almost sniggered. "But then, I got comfortable with her. She may be a loud mouth, but she's very entertaining and sincere." Nevertheless, my expression softened at that. It made me bite back a smile. 


Hmph. I thought he's seriously going to ridicule me and sabotage the plan.


"I like that about her," he muttered and stole a glance at me before directing his eyes back at Kiko again. I swear, I could almost see some fumes coming out from Kiko's nostrils and ears as their gazes locked at each other. 


I beamed triumphantly. Well, that's a good one. I wanna give Jiyong a nice pat in the back because that certainly drove Kiko crazy. (๑˘︶˘๑)


"This is so unlike you," Kiko chuckled, masking her aggravation. It was a chuckle which was laced with so much mockery and disbelief which galled me.


She's so full of herself. If she really thought that Jiyong would not give up on chasing her, she thought wrong. So damn wrong. Jiyong could still find someone better. I wanna slap that on her face, although that wasn't the case for now.


Before Kiko could even throw in another question at us, the sound of the door creaking open caused us to bolt up. Shuhei's handsome face popped in, and I almost swooned at seeing his angelic face. 
Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→


"Kiko?" He asked while cautiously stepping in, looking so adorable when he did so. Ugh. When his gaze travelled towards Jiyong and I, his face lit up. "Oh, Dara and Jiyong!"


"You sure are trying hard to get close to her, huh?" Shuhei said to Jiyong, and the latter laughed at that. I caught Kiko frowning, possibly because of Shuhei's knowledge of the thing going on between Jiyong and I, but the expression was gone in instant. I think what Shuhei said would cement her recent belief that Jiyong is indeed pursing me.


"Anyway, I'm glad you finally like someone," Kiko muttered before going towards Shuhei. She kissed his cheek, which was obviously intentional, and I caught Jiyong stiffening at that gesture.

"Well, please excuse us, I guess we now have to go for our little date since he fetch me up." She boasted while linking her arms with Shuhei.


"I hope we could have a double date some time, Dara-chan. If ever you two are going to be an item." She grinned  and subsequently sashayed with Shuhei who didn't forget to wave us a short goodbye.


"I'm sorry. She's now being harsh on you." I mumbled when the two left. Jiyong's eyes were mirroring sorrow and longing as it stayed glued to the door. It was then that I realized that maybe... Jiyong had a more serious case of affection for her than what I have for Shuhei. His more affected than I am. His feelings were more profound too, I must say. It can't be easily erased that he consequently resorted to participate in my lame plan. 


"It's okay. It worked. You ticked her off." he muttered while his gaze is still lingering om the door. He let out a deep, tired breath. 


I gave him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder,  "Which means she's getting jealous."

 



 

 

"Wow, what a wonderful sight must it be seeing her jealous like that!" Bom was laughing boisterously on the phone that I had to retract it a bit from my ear, but I couldn't help but snicker as well remembering Kiko's face as I rolled around the bed.


As soon as Chanyeol and I went bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter