Endless (Soonwoo)

Wish Upon a Star

“Do you think these have a destination?”

 

Wonwoo was walking with arms extended out, his hands holding on tightly to the end of his sleeves, balancing himself on one side of the train tracks, keeping his eyes on his feet to make sure they would land in just the right spots.

 

“The tracks? Of course they do. Why else would they be there?”

 

Soonyoung was to the side of Wonwoo, matching his pace step by step, seemingly not paying him much attention, but in reality was preparing to catch him if he were to fall.

 

“They just seem like they’re endless. Do you think it would be fun? Going on an endless journey?”

 

In that moment, Wonwoo just barely stepped a little too close to the edge, and as a consequence leaned over to the side, his arms flailing, failing to find his center of balance on time. Of course, Soonyoung was right there to break his fall, his arms outstretched as soon as he saw Wonwoo the slightest bit tipped over. Unfortunately, Soonyoung didn’t account for the momentum of the fall and wasn’t able to stop the both of them from plunging into the crisp, autumn leaves piled along the tracks.

 

Wonwoo looked down at Soonyoung, watching him open the eyes he instinctively squeezed shut. He was overjoyed seeing Soonyoung surrounded by bright leaves ranging from all the warm colors the season had to offer. He loved it even more when Soonyoung’s cheeks started to match the reds that were scattered around them, the sudden flush of color being caused by something other than the chilly weather.

 

“So?”

 

Soonyoung cleared his throat, snapping out of the daze he was in from seeing such a perfect-looking Wonwoo being complemented by the clear blue skies and his navy blue sweater.

 

“I would go anywhere with you.”

 

If there was a laugh that sounded like the jingle of heaven’s gates opening, Soonyoung was hearing it now. A soft, low, satisfied giggle that made him think of the sunrise, that was the laugh that belonged to Wonwoo. That was the laugh that belonged to Soonyoung.

 

“Even if that means we’re going nowhere?”

 

Soonyoung propped himself up on his elbows and leaned in just enough to give Wonwoo the hint to close the distance between them. They shared a kiss or three before Soonyoung responded.

 

“Even still.”

 

“Then, let’s travel an endless journey together.”