Thaumaturgy

Thaumaturgy (One-Shot)

Clinchee was a weird name for a girl. Nevermind if it was weird, I thought it was special. However, several of my classmates think otherwise. They thought my parents named me Clinchee so that I wasn't allowed to do anything at all. Have you figured it out yet? That's right, there's a "Clinch" in my name, which generally meant "Lock". You get it. 

There's an irritating brat in my class and he's been getting on my nerves for the longest time ever. He thinks he's the best and most handsome in the school just because he's the son of a famous millionaire, whose name I shall not disclose. Anyway, the brat's name is Key. I think it's an alias just to protect his identity. I personally think that even if he uses an alias for himself, he'd still get into trouble given his personality. 

"Hey Clinch-ee. Are you going straight home or what? Did you parents bar you from hanging out after school?" Key joked, and his group of friends laughed.

"Whatever, Key. Bye." I replied, coldly.

Even though he was an irritating brat and didn't seemed to deserve the energy I spent on talking to him, I got to admit, he brings out the excitement in everyone. 

In the mornings, I never fail to see the same group of girls waiting outside the school gates for Key to arrive in his oh-so-awesome-and-grand limousine. They're always seen holding the same old notebooks and markers to ask for his autograph. I mean, why would anyone want a brat's autograph? Let alone getting the same one everyday? I bet if I had that many autographs like the girls, I'd use it as toilet paper. Or perhaps, make it into a year's collection of his autograph and sell it for money. 

"Pfffft." I blew, making fun of Key when he got out of his oh-so-awesome-and-grand limousine.

"Oh, stop it. I'm surprised you didn't get barred from doing that either."

-

Sometimes, people ask, "Since his name is Key and yours meant 'lock', in a way, why can't you two get along?" I would get so provoked by that kind of questions, I'd just answer, "Because he's an ancient key, so he won't fit into my modern lock." They stop catechizing. That was the trick. 

As usual, Key started to disturb me again. 

"Yah Clinch-ee!" Key called, as he stood infront of my table.

I hated that voice, just hearing it made my blood boil.

"What?" I asked, without looking up at him. 

"Stop frowning while you study, you're bound to get wrinkles at an earlier age." 

That was enough to annoy me. The stress I had garnered up was suddenly released, and I burst into tears.

"Stop making fun of me you irritating douche-bag! I hate you!" I shouted, running away to goodness knows where. 

I stopped at the school's roof and stood still. 

Why did I explode?! Omg, I just showed my vulnerable side to Key, that irritating brat! Maybe I was the one in the wrong. I guess I should apologise. 

I wiped my tears off the sleeves of my uniform and decided to head back to class. 

However, when I opened the door, there stood Key. He looked at me with the corner of his eyes and asked, "Yah. You okay now, crybaby?" I noticed that there was a change of tone in his voice, but still ignored him entirely. I guess my intention to apologise to him was ruined by that insensitive question of his. 

I continued to ignore him and walked back. 

Suddenly, he gripped my wrist and my body was pulled along with it. He pinned me against the wall and I screamed.  

"Shikuro! Stop screaming!" He shouted. Realising that I would not stop, he kissed me.

I was confused. Key broke the kiss, pulled my face to his chest and said, "I'm sorry, Clinchee. I didn't know you hated me teasing you."

"What?" I asked, still confused.

"I wanted you to notice me." He said, "Because... I love you."

Needless to say, I think the key has finally found its way into the lock.