Chapter 2 [End]

Open Arms

It's finally done! I'm so sorry for not updating earlier. It was actually finished since over a month, but I just didn't liked it and edited it several times.

Enjoy ~

[I'm sorry for any mistakes]

_________________________________________________________________

 

I really can't stand it anymore. Since weeks I see Donghyuk suffer. We all know he tries his best to hide it from us, but it has gotten oblivious. He isn't as cheerful as he used to be and even our fans have noticed that Donghyuk's smile isn't real and bright as it was before. They tell him during the recordings to take care and to not overwork himself. 

 

We tried one by one to comfort him and open him up to us.

....All our attempts failed miserably.

 

He would say that he was just a bit stressed out because of our tight schedule. And, of course, no one believed him. After all he was the one, who was still happy when we would come home from our work. Donghyuk would bother s to play with him or get a member, mostly Yunhyeong, to cook for him. 

Even after hours of practice -instead of being exhausted- he would still giggle and and jump around at the sight of his friends sprawled out on the floor, looking like they would die any second.

 

But this side of Donghyuk is nowhere to be seen. All he does is to sit in the corner and lock himself out of the world.  

 

♢♢♢

 

I had enough as he fainted in front of us. I can still remember his expression. It was not just pain... also sadness. His eyes were so lifeless.

 

After Bobby had carried him to his bed, Yunhyeong took care of him and placed a wet and cold towel on his forehead.

As the little treatment was finished, we sad on my bed, which was on the opposite of his, and discussed what we could do now.

 

"I wonder what exactly is the reason, why Donghyuk is acting so distant toward us." Began Bobby with a sad face. "It feels like we did something wrong, but I can't recall a scenario, where we had a fight or so..."

 

"I'm also worried...We all are... He changed so much and we noticed it too late...I should have talked to him more. I regret it so much... There is surely something bothering him so extremely, that he couldn't handle it anymore... but what is it?..." stated Jinhwan slowly, looking on his lab. 

 

I nodded my head slightly. I was too focused on Donghyuk to watch the reactions of my friends. 

I observed all his movements and expressions -even the tiny ones-. I had to make sure he's okay. He was sleeping peacefully at the moment, but I was scared that, if I'd look away, he would be in pain and I wouldn't see that. So it was important for me to keep an eye on him. My friends next to me did that too, but I just had the urge to protect and care for him even more. I hate myself for not helping and comforting Donghyuk more in the past weeks, when he clearly needed someone. Expecially I regret it, that I haven't realised how bad Donghyuk was feeling as I woke him up. And- 

 

My thoughts were interrupted by a light slap on the back of my head. 

 

"Just stop thinking about what you've all done wrong. The situation won't get better with that. And please stop frowning."

 

I turned my head slightly to the left. Hanbin was sitting next to me and looked at me with a soft smile. 

 

I was a bit confused. Well, not a bit. I was very confused. A few minutes ago they talked about the topic I was thinking about and now Hanbin is telling me to stop it and to confuse me even more he is smiling at me. SMILING! But not just Hanbin. As I looked to the others, they were giving me smiles too. What have I missed out?!

 

"Ehm... why should I? And how do you guys know I was thinking about Donghyuk?" - that was a stupid question- 

 

"We said just now, that we should stop with the negative things and instead concentrate of the way we can help Donghyuk the best, but you obviously haven't heard us ,because you were spacing out. And we knew you were thinking about him because 1. In this situation all of us are thinking of DongDong's health and 2. You were looking at him all the time. Not just now, you’re gazing at him since weeks with your big heart eyes. C'mon, we know you care a lot for him, don't act dumb." 

Yunhyeong, Bobby, Hanbin and Jinhwan giggled at Chanwoo's explanation, who smirked a bit at me.

 

Aish, this kid... He is so naughty. Unfortunately I can't really deny it, so I simply looked away toward Donghyuk again. I heard them laughting softly.

 

I found myself smiling with them. However this didn't last long, as I saw Donghyuk shifting in his bed.

 

"Hey! I think Donghyuk is about to wake up." I informed the others quickly, before I stood up and rushed to Donghyuk's side.

The other did the same right after me. I and Jinhwan knelt in front of our sick member, while the others stood next and behind us.

 

♢♢♢

 

Donghyuk PoV

 

I woke up to the sound of someone laughing. My head still hurts, but I felt relieved listened to the laughter and giggles. I didn't exactly know who else was also in my and June's room, because I had my eyes still closed. After some minutes I tried to move my body.... that was a really bad move. The pain literally shoot through me. I let out a light groan.

Suddenly the laughter were gone. 

 

"Hey! Donghyuk is about to wake up." 

 

The raspy and deep voice definitely belonged to Junhoe. It wasn't hard to tell which voice belongs to which member, but Junhoe's voice had something special to me. It kinda felt like home and comfort.

As Junhoe said it, I heard him and probably the other members moving forward my bed.

 

"June, go ahead and wake him up."

 

"What? Why me~?! Let Yunhyeong Hyung do it."

 

"Oh Junhoe, don't behave like a little kid now. You are the closest here with Dongie. Moreover you were staring at him the whole time and now, where he is about to wake up, you look more than happy, so you should make the first step to bring him fully back from Dreamland"

 

At that I blushed a bit. Were we really that close? At the moment I couldn't tell if he was my best friend or not. I was still a bit dizzy, but could it be tha-- 

 

"Yah. Jinan Hyung, now you're behaving like a mother. Look at the poor kid, he is blushing like mad and probably embarrassed to death" Bobby said between his chuckles. 

 

At that I just had to open my eyes. Junhoe normally tries not to show much emotions, so it was like Christmas to see his wall break.

 

In front of me kneeled a down looking, blushing Junhoe with bright red ears. I couldn't resist and raised my hand to pet his black hair. My pain long forgotten. In less than a second 6 eye pairs where on me.

 

....

 

"Erm.... hi?"

 

"OMG Dongie~! How long were you already awake?" Hanbin questioned.

 

"Idk.... maybe 5 or 7 minutes." 

I laughed as I saw Junhoe's shocked face and Bobby's, Chanwoo's, Yunhyeong's, Hanbin's and Jinhwan's smirk.

 

"I see~ Come on guys, we'll leave these two alone. And DongDong! I hope you're feeling better. We talk later together and if you need something. Tea, medicine or food, Junhoe will bring you all." With that Yunhyeong winked at me and left with the others. 

 

After they closed the door, Junhoe sighted, mumbled something like “Why am I even in this group.” under his breath, stood up and crawled next to me on my bed. 

 

“I’m sorry for their behaviour. I don't know why they talk like that… anyway are you okay? Do you have pain somewhere?” 

 

I was slightly taken aback by Junhoe's change. In one second he went from shy to worried. That was somehow very cute. He’s looking at me with such a caring expression… this could happen more often for my liking.

 

“Don’t worry June, I’m fine right now. My head still hurts a bit, but that’s nothing you should worry about. If the pain is getting worse, I’ll tell you.” 

 

“Really? Promise me. I was the one, who caused your fainting after all. I shouldn't have forced you to get up in the morning. I thought the reason for your headache was, that you maybe hadn't slept well last night. I’m really sorry for that…”

 

I sighted at that. He was really giving himself all the blame.

 

“Listen, you did nothing wrong. I was the one, who wanted to get up, so stop blaming yourself for that.” I raised my pinky finger and held it toward Junhoe “And i promise to tell you, when I’m feeling sick”

 

As I said that June looked at my finger and started to smile. Then he took my hand, intertwined his with mine.

 

He turned his head away from me and asked

“Are you thirsty or hungry? I should go and get you some, otherwise Jinhwan will kill me for not taking care of you.” 

 

He made an attempt to move out of the bed, but I stopped him by gripping his hand tightly.

 

“I don’t want to eat or drink now...

Can you just accompany me for some time?”

 

“But you have to eat and take medicine--”

 

“Please.”

 

“... Okay…” Junhoe sat back down next to me. Putting the blanked over both of us and intertwined our fingers again. 

 

Suddenly I had a weird feeling in my stomach. I felt so warm -it wasn't because of the blanket- . My left hand, which June held, started to prickle under his touch. Why was I feeling like that all of a sudden? Was it because it was an awkward situation or was it because--

 

 I froze and realization hit me.

 

-- I liked June…

 

… My team member,

… My roommate,

 

… My best friend…

 

This couldn't be. It was wrong in so many ways.

 

I understand now, why I always looked for June first and why I cared so much for him: 

It’s because I have fallen for him. But I can't hope for something, that can't exist. 

 

iKON’s career could be over, if the public would find out that Kim Donghyuk is gay. Hell, even YG would be destroyed with that.

The weakest member with the most hate and the least talent ruines iKON's and YG’s future. 

 

“Donghyuk? Are you not feeling well? You’re really not looking good.” Junhoe questioned. He tried to touch my forehead, but I slapped his hand away.

 

“Dongie, what's wrong? Do you need something? Please tell me.”

 

No. I couldn't tell him what's wrong. He would be disgusted of me. I had to stop it, before he could sense something. 

 

“Could you please leave? I want to be alone.”

 

I could see from the corner of my eyes his reaction. He looked shocked at first, than his expression turned into anger. However, this didn't last long, because it changed more and more into sadness.

 

Yet again he raised his hands to touch me. Also this time, I rejected his touch, pushed him slightly back with one hand and mumbled “stop it.”

 

His next movement was too fast for me to refuse. I only realised all, as he had already pinned me down on the bed.

 

“Yah! W-what are you doing?!” Let go of me Koo Junhoe!” I struggled under him, tried to rip my hands out if his hold, without success.

 

Junhoe leaned down and hissed at me “Oh no, I won't. Kim Donghyuk... I don't understand you anymore! In the first moment you want me to keep you company and in the next you are pushing me away! I want to help you. Don't you get it?! As you fainted I was worried to death. I knew something were off, but I respected you and let you have your privacy. I thought, you would come up to me and talk with me about the things, that kept bothering you. But no, you ing blocked us all out! I’m tired of it. Just tell me what’s going on in your head! I can’t watch you breaking apart from us any longer!”

 

His tears fell on my face as he said that. When he told me ‘he was worried to death and thought I would come up to him and speak about everything’ I began to cry too. The whole situation I was in was too much for me to handle.

I knew June was right with all he said. 

I knew I hurted my friend by blocking them out.

...I knew… that I abused our friendship by lying to them all the time. But what can I do? I don't know myself what to do next…

 

“Why aren't you answering me?”

 

The only thing I could croak out was a chocked sob. 

 

“Do you even care about us?...”

 

This sentence pushed me over the edge. I began to cry harder, clinged on Junhoe's T-shirt, pulling him further down until I could bury my face into his chest.

 

“I-I’m so sorry. I don't know myself what to do. It’s all too much for me to handle.”

 

“You can't handle what Dongie? Tell me… I’ll help you.” June laid next to me, hugging me more while drawing circles on my back.

 

“Y-You can’t help me with this… no one can...” 

 

“Stop keeping it to yourself. Just say it. And why are you so sure, that no one can help you?”

 

I slowly calmed down.

“Because…” I lowered my voice.

...

“I’m the weakest member. So many people don’t like me… I can’t keep up with you guys.”

I wispered the next sentence.

“... And I’m not straight… that’s why I think It’s the best, when I leave. I am just a burden to you all. I could destroy our whole future… I’m sorry”

 

“Hey~ Stop apologizing for something you haven't caused. Listen Dongie, you’re our precious angel. We love and protect you. Please don't listen to these haters. You’re not weak. And for me your voice is so adorable and calming. I love everything about you…. Well… you are beautiful to me, nothing will ever change that.”

 

A soft smile spread on his face.

 

“Y-You like me? Like a friend, right?” I was a bit dumbfounded. I couldn't figure out, if he meant just brotherly love or not.

 

“Awww Dongie~ You are so innocent.” He pinched my cheek. “Of course I meant something different than friendship. I confessed just now, otherwise I wouldn't have said ‘I love you’, you little babo~.” After that he began giggling loudly and pulled me into a tight hug.

 

‘Is this even real’, I thought. My head was in the crook of June's neck. I inhaled his scent. I felt so happy. His giggles still haven't died down, plus he squeezed me lovingly. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. It was enough for me. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back.

 

We laid there for a few moments, just enjoying each others present, as a quiet important thought came into my mind.

 

“I haven't said I liked you back, so how can you just act like I had?”

 

Junhoe frowned a bit at that, but starting smirking afterwards. With a grin he his back, looking at the ceiling.

 

“I had a feeling.” 

 

I scoffed at that, but didn't say more. I laid my head on his chest. As I already had my eyes closed, I heard him ask again “Are you feeling okay?”

 

He’s really too kind and caring, but that are one of the things I love about him.

 

“I’m feeling perfectly fine, thanks to you.”

 

His soft laugh filled once more the room.

 

“So, you only needed my love?”

 

“Shut up, Koo Junhoe.” With a deep blush I slapped him lightly on his chest. Gosh… He could get so cheesy. 

 

Our breathing was the only thing, that could be heard. It was a comfortable silence. My eyelids slowly got heavy. Before I drifted off to sleep I felt something pressing against my forehead for a short moment and a “good night”.

 

♢♢♢

 

 My left side was empty when I woke up. Was it a dream? I looked around the room, but there was no Junhoe to be seen.

My heart sank. A weird feeling rose inside of me.

His blanket on his bed was also neatly folded. He did it every morning, that confirmed for me my questions. 

 

With a sad mood I stood up and made my way toward the door. My body felt better, no headache and no pain anymore.

I took a deep breath and walked out. Hopefully the others wouldn't question me too much about my behaviour, which I had the past weeks.

 

I actually walked fast to the bathroom. Fortunately no one seemed to have noticed me. I took my time to shower, dress and brush my teeth. After that I exited the bathroom and went rather slowly to the living room.

 

They were all on the couch, watching a drama or something like that when I came. I didn't want to stand awkwardly next to them, so I tried to move toward the kitchen, but that was interrupted by someone, who decided to back hug me tight.

 

“Babe~! You are finally awake. I left you, because you made an tired impression. How are you feeling?” 

 

Was he really talking to me? So it wasn't a dream? Again, I felt myself blushing.

 

“Umm… thanks June. I’ve fully recovered, don't worry. It’s all gone.” 

I smiled shyly at him, still looking down. 

 

“I answered their questions for you. They were pretty mad at first, because we haven't left our room yesterday to talk with them, but now they understand.”

His low voice caused goosebumps on my skin. Teasingly he blew cold air in my ear, smirking at my reaction.

 

“Awww look at these two. They are so cute. I can't.” Bobby squeeled loudly, as he put his hand on his heart. Hanbin did the same.

On the other hand Jinhwan, Yunhyeong and Chanwoo came up to us and hugged me. They probably had hugged June, when he explained all to them. 

 

I was really relieved, that they accepted our ‘unofficial’ relationship. At the same time I couldn't believe this all.

 

A kiss on my temple brang me back to the present. I looked up at June's comforting and proud smile. One of his arms now rested comfortable on my waist. My hand seemed to move on It’s own as it layed over June's, playing with the ring on his index finger. All members have the same rings. It symbolised our friendship and our strong bond.

This, iKON and the members themselves make me happy. To stand right here, next to the ones I love and treasure, that's what I want to do forever. I belong to iKON; we are one. No one will ever change that. I realised that just now.

 

It doesn't matter what other people say about us. We will be strong, holding each other upright until we die. Nothing can separate us.

 

END

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

So~~ That was it. :3 I hope you liked it