start over

confused
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Before Seulgi could said anything, a guy appeared from behind her and took Seungwan's seat. She looked away from the person sitting in front of her  mouthed, “Seungwan, you ing traitor.” 

 

Yep, you guessed it right. It was Sehun. 

 

Seulgi turned her head back to the guy who was sitting in front of her and the memory of them both kissing under the moonlight came flooding her mind and she couldn't help but to blush when she saw him. The glory image of Sehun wearing a neat suit which perfectly fitted his upper body with nicely combed hair left her gaped a little. 

 

‘Is it possible for a hot guy to be hotter than he already is?’ Her amusement died down as soon as he opened his mouth. 

 

“Wrong timing?” he had asked, voice full of concern rather than in a mocking tone she had expected coming from him when he saw her flustered face. 

 

She was being unresponsive so he decided to continue speaking. “I would like to apologize for, um… my idiotic behavior. It was a huge mistake I've ever committed in my entire life.” 

 

“I’m sorry, Seulgi.” Seulgi started liking the way her name rolled on his lips. The way he said it in subtle lisp made her wanting to hear it more frequently.  

 

She didn't know how to react when he offered her a pink peony. She had a confuse looked on her face as his hand awkwardly hanging while she still contemplating whether to receive it or not. At last, he put the flower back into the glass the middle of the table, joining the rest of the blue peonies. He didn't even try to mask his disappointment – the corner of his lips slightly twitched downward.  

 

“I’m sorry that it took me so long to finally come up to you and admit my fault. I'm not the kind of guy who would act so unmannerly around people but that night was crazy. I think I'd lost my mind for a moment,” he momentarily paused to scrutinize her reaction, “Besides, that night I just…” 

 

“Left,” she finished his sentence which he'd left hanging with hesitation. She looked on her lap, her thumbs were busy twiddling each other. “I don't know what to say, Sehun.” 

 

She was a little worried that her words might hurt him if she talked further into this matter. The look on his face when she rejected the flower was already pitiful.  

 

He opened his mouth and closed it back while his brain digging to find the right words to say to her. “I understand if you're still mad at me. I would be mad at me, too, if I were you. Maybe you may think that I'm a little exaggerating, but I think I deserve to stand up on the edge of a plank with ferocious sharks swimming a few feet beneath me for the mistake that I did is hardly forgiven.” 

 

“That’s scary,” she replied, holding back her laughter yet, letting her lips stretched into small, amusing smile. He wanted to smile back in return but he remembered to stay in serious mode to express his guilt. 

 

“If you're going to hate me for your entire life, I would rather jump into the sea of sharks than spending my whole life knowing you despise me forever.” 

 

She pursed her lips. She found his enthusiasm was entertaining but she also knew he seriously felt regret for his mistake and the guilt was clearly written over his face. There was no doubt to it. He definitely meant everything he'd said. 

 

“You're lack of conscience,” she said. 

 

“I know,” his gaze fell to the floor. “I’m sorry.” 

 

“Tell that to your girlfriend.” Seulgi quickly regretted saying that as they slipped out from her mouth. How could she thoughtlessly say something like that? She mentally scolded herself for not filtering the words properly. ‘Uh-oh. This is where everything turns more complicated', she thought. 

 

Sehun's eyes went wide. He wanted to ask how she knew he had a girlfriend but he changed his mind. So, Seulgi knew he had a girlfriend though, he had kissed her. Great, now she must had thought him as an unfaithful and untrustworthy guy. That meant her anger was doubled. He needed to be more careful in picking his words. “Okay, I will,” he obliged, devastatingly felt more difficult to hear her accepting his apology. Though, he wouldn't give up. 

 

She nodded. “You promise?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter