"It reminded me of you."

Let me Count the Ways...

   You’ve always been under the impression that you’re more or less broken. No matter what the actual cause of your prudency in the world of dating may be, you’ve always been content to believe the theory that you’re not made for love. Content that is, until you met Jiyong.

  Jiyong seemed to have blind sided you, flew out of left field and hit you straight in the heart without a single word of explanation. From the moment you’d met the man you’re heart lept out of your chest, ready to fall hopelessly in love with someone who was basically a stranger. Even now as you stare blankly at the image of him in the arms of another your heart beats to tell you it’s all untrue.

You love him.

He loves you.

This is real.

Don’t over think it.

   But, your logical mind finds you back where it all started.  

Hush, it’s alright. You can’t help it. You’re simply, broken.

  A tired body slumps back against the bus seat and your head rests against the cool and misty window as your eyes slide shut. It’s not that you want your convoluted thoughts to clog up what you feel for this person. Hell, that’s the absolute last thing you want to happen, but here you are, allowing your vapid Virgo mind to do just that.

  Maybe you really have let yourself slip into a false sense of comfort with this man. Perhaps your enchantment with the possibility of actually feeling something for someone had skewed your vision into a form of blindness. People have always said is blind, but then again people have always said that love makes you a fool too and you can’t help but feel that this time you might have caught a wicked combination of the two.

  People filter on and off the bus, along with your thoughts. You feel foggy, much like the weather outside your window, when suddenly the soft music tumbling through your ears is interrupted by the blaring sound of a text message.

“Son of a !” You whisper to no one in particular as you rip the torturous earbuds out of your head. Your ears are left ringing from the obnoxious “Skrt Skrt” that is you text tone, but at least whoever has messaged you has rescued you from the violent downfall of your own thought process.

Jiyong: It reminded me of you.

  You smile wistfully at the text in spite of yourself. Honestly your mind is practically screaming for you to ignore the link that follows soon after his words, but your heart? Your ever curious heart beckons you to do differently.

It’s a beautiful ballad.

With piano, and oh how you adore piano.

Whispers of affections that make your cheeks heat up at the thought of them tumbling from his lips.

And a quiet fade out that makes it seem like the song could’ve gone on forever. As if though a lot of things have the possibility of lasting forever.

  Love is stupid, blind, and to someone who always saw themselves as broken, it's proving to be excruciatingly painful too. Yet? If he’s reminded of you by something so beautiful, so pure, so unimaginably magical? Then maybe you can stand to allow your rigid self to free fall.