1. The Beginning

Fighting the Romans

Omniscient POV:

 

Zia looked out into the distance. She watched as the sun slowly set and enjoyed the beauty of the scene. As a breeze blew by, she could smell the fire from the main hearth. She looked out and loved how the setting sun painted everything orange. She loved how the lake's turquoise color contrasted against the orange. Zia didn't realize how much she missed the camp, her home. She had just been on a mission to find the missing spears of Ares. She shuddered as she recalled the thought. Zia hated Ares and his lust for blood. She remembered when she just came to the camp. She remembered when she first arrived at the camp. Zia sighed as she remembered the day she arrived..

 

Flashback in Zia's POV:

Faster, come on Zia! You can do it! I thought to myself as I sprinted through the woods. I looked back, which was a big mistake. The pack of wolves were gaining on me. If this wasn't a life or death situation, I would have enjoyed just sitting down right where I was and just stop. But survival instincts told me that I had to keep running, so I did. I don't know how it happened but the next time I looked back...the wolves were not wolves anymore. They were well, blown up wolves. As in they were HUGE!! They were almost as big as a horse and had glowing red eyes. WOLVES AREN'T SUPPOSE TO HAVE RED EYES! Seeing this horrifying sight just pumped more adrenaline in me and I ran even faster. I had no idea where I was going and I just kept running. I tripped over a branch and fell on my face. Ow...that really hurts. I thought to myself. The wolves were now really close and there would be no point to keep running.

I looked around me to find something I could use to defend me. The only thing somewhat useful that was in a five meter radius was a stick as long as my forearm. I quickly pick it up and whack one across the snout. I take another wolf thing out by aimlessly swinging. A huge wolf loomed over me and opened its jaws. I threw my stick with as much force I could muster. It was out of sheer luck that the stick lodged itself threw the wolf's jaw, killing it. Its red eyes met mine, turned back to brown, then glazed over. The other wolfs were temporarily distracted by the carcass...then they started running after me. By now I was so scared I couldn't even think. Just run straight Zia, just run straight. I quickly ran through an arch formed by two trees and kept running till I ran into someone.

 

“Whoa, calm down!” a girl with black hair and hazel eyes said.

 

“Wolves, pant, pant right behind!!” she looked at me like I was crazy. “JUST RUN!” She quickly grabbed my arm before I could go anywhere. “Hey, calm down, it's ok. I don't know what wolves you are talking about though...” I look over my shoulder. The place had completely changed!!! Despite the fact that I could definitely see forest on one side of me, there was an ocean to my left. Almost as if there was a magical dome or something, the pine trees, of what I believe is Boston, changed into palm trees. The area was huge however. In fact, the place was so big I can't even see where it started. There was a circular stadium down a hill to my left, stables 500 yards from that, and a trail that branched into a jungle.

 

“Where, where, where are the wolves??!” I ask, still jumpy from the chase. I looked around, expecting a wolf-bear to come out and eat me.

 

“Those things probably got stopped by the border. But they might show up in the jungle in a couple of days...then we'll figure out the problem from there.” she stated, her voice calm and stable. The fatigue of running for who knows how long finally set in, I felt my knees start to shake and became lightheaded. I just sat down right there in the sand, probably getting my shorts dirty. The girl looked at me.

 

“Are you ok?” She asked, her voice think with concern.

 

“Yeah, I'm just tired. I really can't remember how long I've been running.” I said, laughing a little. She did not look amused. Instead, she pulled me up and forced me to walk off to who knows where. I started to complain.

 

“Where are we going? I just wanna sit down, drink some water, and then sleep.” I whined.

 

“You'll be ok. We're almost there.” She said, still pulling me along.

 

We finally came to a cabin and I sat down in a nearby chair. The girl rushed off and came back with a glass of water. I chugged all of it and she went and got more. After my 7th glass of water, I became groggy.

 

“Are you ok?” She asked. Her face full of worry.

 

“Yeah...just wanna sleep.” I could feel my eyelids drooping, the last thing I remembered seeing was the table I was sitting in front of.

 

Fast Forward to 1 month at camp

 

I was in a very bad mood. Jasmine, a daughter of Demeter, found it hilarious how ungraceful I was. It seemed to amuse her every time I drew blood because of tripping that she now grows vines when I walk down the trails. Today was horrible because right as I was getting lunch, Jasmine sprouts a vine that clings onto my ankle. I ended up spilling my lunch all over me. Jasmine and her group fell over laughing, I just got up and walked away with Holly following me. Holly was my first friend at camp...and the one who forced me to go to the medics on my first day at camp. We got a long very well after I, apparently, slept for two days.

 

“She's just doing it to hit your nerves, don't pay any attention to her.” Holly said, try to calm me down.

 

“Well she's doing a very good job. Honestly, if it weren't for you she would be in the middle of the ocean.” I said through clenched teeth. Holly just scowled at me. Moments later, a girl with black hair and green eyes comes inside my cabin. She looked familiar but I couldn't put a name to her face.

 

“I'm sorry.” She said, sincerity flaming in her eyes. I just looked back confused...I didn't even know who she was. She didn't do anything to me yet she was apologizing. I just stared at her.

 

“I'm apologizing for Jasmine.” she explained.
“Why?” I asked. Why would a total stranger like her apologize for something she didn't even do for me.

 

“She just...does things like that. I really don't like her to be honest with you. It's nothing personal, she's just jealous by how pretty you are.” she said. That made me crack a smile. Me and Holly both started laughing. The girl seemed to be pleased that she lifted the heavy atmosphere.

 

“I'm Penelope.” she introduced. “I'm Zia, and that's Holly.” Holly just waved. We heard a crash and looked up. Madeline and Chelsea stomped in. Madeline's face was really red and Chelsea was swearing in Spanish.

 

“What's wrong?” I asked.

 

"You tell me what's wrong Zia Li!” Madeline yelled into my face. Chelsea just glared at me.

 

“What did I do wrong now?” I asked, bewildered by their actions.

 

“HOW COME YOU DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT BACK WHEN JASMINE TRIPPED YOU??? YOU'RE ONLY MAKING YOURSELF LOOK WEAK!!! SHE'S GOING TO KEEP AT IT IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING!!!!” Madeline yelled. Chelsea would not meet my eyes.

 

“What am I suppose to do?! If I hurt her everyone is going to think I'M the bad guy!” I yelled back

 

“Zia, the worst you can do to her in the dining hall is staining her blouses.” Chelsea retorted. Her eyes as cold as ice.

 

“You know, it wouldn't hurt if you made the juice explode in her face.” Penelope stated. That's how our sisterhood began to form. Me and Holly had been friends because we were the outcasts. Holly scared everyone because she could control the dead. Everyone thought I was crazy for befriending Holly and having Poseidon as my dad. I had accidentally pushed Madeline down a hill and broke her ankle. So that's how that friendship started. She brought Chelsea to the group because they were best friends. Penelope later brought Alexandra. That made the six of us.

 

Night of Sisterhood/Brotherhood casting:

 

“Can we just ditch?” Holly asked.

 

No! We have to see who are going to be our newest assassins.” Alex said. She always said something like that. She was like the mother of our group.

 

I don't care who it is as long as it's not Jasmine.” I muttered under my breath. Chelsea was running around, picking outfits out for us. Holly and I wold not let her touch us. She just tsked and ran off to attack the others. About 15 minutes later, we walk down to the stadium. We sit in the middle laughing at Alexandra who was arguing with Madeline, trying to get her to stop flinging grapes at her. We sat around laughing for about 5 minutes when we heard Charles's voice boom through the stadium.

 

Our first group tonight is: …......” I stopped listening from there. It was a boy group and as long as Jasmine wasn't an assassin, I really didn't care who was. After the 5th group our so, I heard:

 

Our next group is: THE C.H.A.M.P.Z!” Well that's a weird name, I thought. Charles continued: “The group members are- Chelsea, daughter of Aphrodite. Holly, daughter of Hades. Alexandra, daughter of Athena. Madeline, daughter of Dionysus. Penelope, daughter of Demeter. And lastly, Zia! Daughter of Poseidon!” Everyone clapped and whistled as we walked down the aisles.

 

I made eye contact with Jasmine. That was a big mistake because her facial expression almost made me fall down the stairs because of laughter. Her facial expression was so funny.  After what seemed like forever, we finally got into the arena of the stadium.

 

"C.H.A.M.P.Z., please vote for a leader." Charles said. We all voted for Alexandra, of course. That was how our sisterhood started...no one knows why or how.

 

Present Time:

 

Omniscent POV:

 

Zia sighed as she remember those times. It has been three years since the sisterhood was formed. Zia finally found out who her mom was, her mom worked for the CSI. She died during a torture session. Throughout the entire time, Annette Li never revealed any secret information about American mutants. Zia finally discovered my powers from the mortal side: Zia was telekinetic. Zia knew that Madeline could control one's mind and push them into insanity. She did it once...and almost died.

 

"Zia!! ZIA!!"

 

Zia looked to see who was calling her and faced Holly.

 

"What's up?" Zia asked.

 

"Liz wants to talk to us...I think she has another mission." Holly said hesitantly.

 

"Well, let's go." Zia said, trying to keep her cool. However, Zia couldn't help but think horrible thoughts about Elizabeth Heath right now. They had only been home for 3 days and she was going to send them on another mission? Liz better have a good excuse. Zia thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah...getting started! Haha, I hope you enjoy it. I promise I won't delete it half way through this time!