Chapter 10

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Black italics = Yoongi's thoughts 

Lavender italics = Taehyung's thoughts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoongi was dreaming about barbeques and sunshine when he was awoken by the feeling of warm air on his neck. It didn’t startle him, but he could feel the reality of the air in comparison to his dream, and began to stir slowly to consciousness. When he opened his eyes, taking a few moments to blink away the sleep, he noticed that the yard in his dream was in front of him, and the barbeque was still to his left by the building he thought only existed in his subconscious mind.

His eyes dropped to his left shoulder when he felt the air again, to find a young boy leaning on his shoulder, the air was coming from his nose as he breathed deeply in his sleep. This startled him as he had forgotten that this boy, Taehyung, had fallen asleep next to him before he had fallen asleep himself.

As he jumped from the sudden close-up view of the boy in the bunny jumper, he made the other stir. Not wanting to be caught staring, he pretended to be asleep, closing his eyes and letting his head hang down loosely.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, trying to figure out what had awoken him from his dream of crayons and dragons. Being so close to Yoongi, his eyes took a few minutes to focus properly, and once he realised that the blur of white and pale blue was actually the older’s shirt and jumper, he lifted his head to look at his face. He had to stifle a giggle when he saw Yoongi’s head drooping down, instead of the well-composed image he had arrived with.

So you are human.

He held back another giggle as he thought about Yoongi being an alien, coming to the organisation just to study other children, but then letting his hard-faced guard down when he falls asleep. He sighed softly and rested his head back down on Yoongi’s shoulder, shuffling closer to him, unaware that this type of interaction was bizarre and new for the older boy.

“What are you doing?” Came the voice from above, making Taehyung jump. Yoongi was feeling awkward and slightly irritated with the boy’s closeness, he doesn’t even know me, why does he think he can act like that?

“Sleeping, duh!”

“There’s a reason beds were made.” Yoongi lifted his shoulder slightly, trying to shake the boy’s head off.

“But hyung! There aren’t any beds out here!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter