III

TEMPORARY PRETENDING
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Sir?”

 

Yunho briefly looks up from the 6 by 4 photo in his hand and waited patiently for the man by the bedroom door to continue. He is currently sitting in his office bedroom from the torso up with nothing on but a pair of black briefs. He had slept at the office the night before with none other than his beloved Kim Jaejoong. It was unexpected. He had not planned on sleeping with the said man; no, not at all. But when the beauty showed up at his office full of insecurities and even questioned his love for him, Yunho could not help but to bestowed and let the other know just how much he loves him.

 

“It’s Ara; she wants to know if you are still joining her for lunch.” Yoochun explained. “Her father will be joining too it seems.”

 

A loud grunt escapes through Yunho’s thin lips before he tucks away the black and white photo in his hand into the space between the pillows and gets up from where he was sitting. He silently but swiftly walks over to the closet and pulls out one of the few extra suits he keeps there and starts to pull them on.

 

“He ran, Yoochun.” Yunho admits after some time, running a black leather belt around his waist before smoothing out his dress shirt. “He ran the moment he got up.”

 

Yunho worked on the cufflinks by his wrists quickly and then returned back to the closet to pull out a pair of black leather shoes and patterned socks. Behind him, he could hear the younger man shifts around to make himself comfortable before answering in a more softer tone.

 

“I’m sorry, Sir. I do not know what you want me to say. You are, after all, divorcing him. It would only make sense to run. If not, you are only going to confuse his fragile heart if, you had not already.”

 

A small smile emerges onto Yunho’s face as he slips his feet into the shoes he had grabbed moments ago and straightened his back before clearing his throat. He reached inside the closet once more and pulled out the black pistol. Yeah, confusion and fragile heart alright; the plan was to divorce Jaejoong for a few months, play the dutiful boyfriend and wine and dine Ara, gather the information he needs and then finally, put his plan into action before courting his ex-wife again. But it seems like he is going to have a change of plans apparently. The Gos will have to be put on the back burner for now and finding and keeping Jaejoong safe will become priority overall else because after all, Kim Jaejoong is more important than life itself.

 

“Please let the Gos know I will be there at 1130 for lunch and not a moment later.” Yunho tucks the metal thing into the back waistband of his pants before grabbing the blazer from the hanger. “You and Junsu will be attending the meeting with the Japanese mergers today and then meet me at the restaurant with the Gos for lunch later.”

 

It was not a question. It was an order. Yoochun stares at the man in front of him skeptically as he puts on the matching blazer followed by a shiny watch and only nodded his head in understanding when Yunho turned around to face him fully clothed and ready to go.

 

“And Micky?”

 

Yoochun halts and barely breathes for a moment. Code names. Yunho was going back to code names. This could only mean one thing.

 

“In regards to yesterday’s notes,” Yunho looks at him with a harden face. “Tell them to abort the mission. Seems like this Minseok guy will finally become of use to me after all.”

 

----------

 

Silence greets him once more as he enters the connected room for the second time that early morning and Luhan couldn’t really help but to let a small smile slip through his lips as the small male in front of him scrambled to his feet and into defense mode. He could see the sheer look of irritation in the other’s eyes and Luhan had to ponder for a second if this was still the same man whom was on a mission to kill him a little over three years ago as the said man drops his arms and rolls his beautiful eyes in the opposite direction.

 

“You don’t have to be so scared, my little kitten.” Luhan smiles warmly, seating himself on the side of the bed closest to him. “I promise I won’t bite.” He watched the latter let out a small breath of air and Luhan just wants to reach over and pull him onto the bed to continue what they were doing earlier. “Unless you want me me too, of course.”

 

A grunt could be heard in response and Luhan had to bite back a laugh. This man of his is going to be the death of him someday.

“You seriously need to stop calling me ‘kitten’. It’s actually quite insulting, Han.”

 

“Insulting? How? I am only speaking the truth, kitten; besides, if I remember correctly,” Luhan his head to a side and only runs his tongue across his dry lips. “You seem to like it too; or at least your lower half does.”

 

Luhan immediately dodges a flying pillow and then broke out into fits of laughter not missing the shade of red creeping onto the other’s chubby cheeks.

 

“Are you always this stupid or is today some kind of special day?” The smaller male questioned in annoyance.

 

Luhan only smiles and then clasped his hands together before answering, “Well my little Baozi, it really depends on who you ask; because if you ask me personally, I’ll say only around you do I act like this.”

 

The said man was ballsy, Luhan must admit. He had entered his terrority on Christmas Eve three years ago with no backup - Luhan had given everyone the day off - and got past his security internally and externally with flying colors before making the mistake of entering his bedroom and accusing him of being a certain Jung Yunho and threatening him with a gun. Luhan could still remember the face the o

Please log in to read the full chapter