Jiyong's Story

Growing Up Together

 " Bro, here. " 

 

 Jiyong looked beside him and smirked. " Thanks." he took the beer from his best friend's hand and opened the can instantly. " Jiyong-ah, how's the girl? " Youngbae asked him as both of them unisonly gulped down the cold beer. " The same, nothing happen. " Youngbae sighed and patted his best friend's shoulder.

 

 " Stop being a coward please. She's waiting for you. " Youngbae said as Jiyong just sighed. " But, that Heechul guy... " Youngbae laughed after he heard the guy's concern. " He's with Sohee if you don't know about it already. " Youngbae said. Both of them jumped down the balcony and walked down the street. " There's another problem. " Jiyong faced his friend. " What? " he pointed at a girl that was hopping toward him.

 

 Youngbae turned around and smirked. " Lee Chaerin. " he walked toward the happy girl and offered her a hug. " Hey Chaerin! What's good? " both of them embraced each other and Chaerin gave him a smile. " Just fine, working part time in a club and so on. " Jiyong widened his eyes.

 

 Working......in a club?

 

 " Wait, I mean a performer in the club. You know, I rap. " Chaerin corrected her words and laughed awkwardly as she noticed Jiyong's uncomfortable expression. " Oh. " Jiyong muttered and thre away the can in a trashcan. " Well, Youngbae. I'll get going now. " Jiyong waved and walked fastly toward his house. He peeked behind him slightly and saw Chaerin's disappointed face.

 

 " Mian Chaerin-ah, I'm not the type to give fake hope. "

 

/                      /                   /                     /                    /

 

 " Ouch! "

 

 Jiyong widened his eyes and bowed immediately. " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump on you. " he looked up and saw his one and only angel. " I-It's okay. " blushing, she took a book and rushed out from there. " Is she in hurry? " A clear disappointment could be heard in Jiyong's voice. He sighed and took the book that was laying on the ground. " Wait, this is not my book. " he flipped open the cover page and widened his eyes at the name on the first page.

 

 KIM TAEYEON

 

 " Well, I might keep it for awhile. She's too far from me to chase. " he smiled a sheepish smile and shrieked not long after that. " Wooh! What a good day. " he fixed his uniform, his hair and proceeded to his class.

 

/          /         /          /          /          /         /          /          /

 

 " Jiyongie, this is your book. " Chaerin smiled a shy smile and stretched her tan arm to hand Jiyong his book. Jiyong just stared at the book. ' Why does it have to be Chaerin that give me the book? ' he furrowed his eyebrows and almost sigh out loud.  " Thanks Chae. " he took the book and hurriedly went out from the cafeteria. Not far from him, he saw Heechul and Taeyeon were hanging out on the bench near a plum tree. As he walked passed them, he glared at Heechul. Heechul, as a man, noticed the strange look that Jiyong gave him and he knew the meaning of it. He just returned a smug smirk and dropped his arm around Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

 Well,damn. Heechul just boiled someone blood.

 

/         /          /          /          /          /          /          /         /

GRADUATION DAY

 

 " Congrats Jiyong-ah, omma is very proud of you. " Kwon omma embraced him and a single tear slipped from the boy's eyes. " Komawo omma. " he hugged his mother tightly, feeling the warmth of a mother. Someone tapped his shoulder. " Nae? " Jiyong turned around and was greeted by a smiling Chaerin. " Can I talk to your son for awhile? " Kwon omma nodded and turned to her husband.

 

 They arrived at the front of public washroom. " What is it Chae? " Jiyong asked. " I'm going to be straightforward, 'kay? " she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. " I like you. " the three words made Jiyong's body froze. How he wish that he heard the word from a certain someone. But he received it from another person. " Look Chae, I'm very sorry. I don't want to ruin this eventful day but a girl just own my heart. " he gulped and looked down at his shoes. He hates rejection. Moreover if he's the one that has to reject a person. Chaerin's smiled turned to a frown.

 

 " Oh really? "

 

 Crap, Jiyong's weakness. A girl's tear.

 

 " W-wait, I'm very sorry. Don't cry. " Jiyong bit his lips, not knowing how to handle the situation. He slowly wrapped his arms around Chaerin's figure and embraced her shaking body. " I'm really sorry. There will be a better man for you, I promise. " he softly caressed her back to soothe her. " Don't say that for now. " Chaerin muttered through her sobs.

 

 " O-okay. "

 

/          /          /          /          /          /          /          /          /

BOTH'S STORY

 " For God's sake, I'm married. " Jiyong sighed. " I'm just asking you to have a shot with me, not renting a bed there." Youngbae facepalmed and put his hand on his bestfriend's shoulder. " A married man should take care of his wife and avoid the club. You're single and available. It's your place. " Youngbae said and sipped his tea. " I doubt that Min Hyo Rin is going to nag you because of this. " Youngbae looked at Jiyong and shook his finger.

 

 " Still nope. "

 

 " No fun dude. " Jiyong said and glared at the guy. " You should get married too, I heard that Taeyeon-ssi opened a bakery. " Youngbae smirked as he saw the change in the guy's face. Jiyong side-glared him as he hesitated to ask something. " W-where is it? " his voice couldn't get any low than that.

 

 " Myeong-Deong. Street 3. "

 

/          /          /         /          /          /          /          /          /

 

 Jiyong, in his new Mercedes, looked around for a parking space as he steered the car slowly. " Okay, now, it's time to search the bakery. " he unbuckled his seatbelt and get out of his car. He looked at the side-mirror and fixed his hair and shirt. " Okay, this is fine. " he muttered as he rubbed his cold palms. He walked along the street and looked at each store, nervous to see the bakery Youngbae told him. Not far from him, a blue store caught his eyes. Instinctively, he fastened his pace toward the store and smiled.

 

 " Found you. " 

 

 Jiyong stared up at the name of the bakery. 

 

  KIM'S BAKERY

 

 He peeked inside and saw a girl was busy packing an egg tart and a cheese tart. She handed the packaging to a woman and smiled as she politely bowed at the woman.

 

 " The apron and chef hat really suits her. " he muttered and took out a mask from his trouser's pocket and wore it. He entered the store and the smell of cakes, tarts and bread greeted his nose. A hint of lavender also could be smell in the store. " Welcome! " His heart fluttered at the familiar voice. " What would you like to order, sir? " Taeyeon smiled as she looked at Jiyong, waiting for his order. " I would like 2 cheese tarts and also a slice of apple pie. "  Taeyeon counted the price at the counter and said the price. " All of them would be 30,000 won. " she excused herself and packed the order. 

 

 " Don't you have any other workers? " Jiyong asked, intending to build a conversation. " Unfortunately, I'm the only worker here since I just opened the store myself. I haven't got the time to hire another worker. Thankfully, my customers are always patient. " she chuckled, making Jiyong chuckled too.

 

 " Is it okay if I want to be a part-timer here? "

 

 Taeyeon rushed to the counter with the goods in her hand and her eyes wide opened. " Chincha? " the gleam in her eyes made it hard for him to resist. " Of course. "

 

 She shrieked and held out her hand.

 

 " I'm Kim Taeyeon. "

 

 Jiyong held her hand as he took off his mask. 

 

 " I'm Kwon Jiyong. " he gave her a smile.

 

 Taeyeon, who could't hide her shock, gasped with her eyes wide opened. Her cheeks blossomed the red colour as she obviously never move on from him.

 

 " K-Kwon Jiyong? "

 

 And that's how their love story ACTUALLY started.