Growing Up Together

Growing Up Together

 He flipped the page ever so slowly. He slightly smiled as his eyes were concentrated on the thick novel in his hand.

 

 I know I'm in too deep right now.

 

 " Taengoo, you can't be staring at him again. " Tiffany said as she raised an eyebrow at me. I just sheepishly smiled at her. What's wrong with staring at my long-time crush? It's not like I'm harassing him. " You're harassing his privacy and you know it. "

 

 I rolled my eyes at the truthness.

 

 " Whatever Tiff, you did this too. Just a little bit creepier. " I said, receiving a glare from the girl. " Hello, I'm not a creepy stalker like you, okay? " She said as she wrote something about Physic on the paper. " You disguised as a guy at Twitter and chat with a New York guy.Thank god that you stopped after you found out that he's more to the other team. " She glared at me for reminding her such event.

 

 You know, my mind could have every person's secrets and I wouldn't forgot, just mixed.

 

 " Let's get back to the class. It's going to start in a few minutes. " Tiff said as we packed our own things and stood up. I slightly peeked to his direction and found out that he was staring directly at me. Blushing, I immediately went out from the library with Tiffany trailed behind me like a puppy.

 

 Puppy is cute.

 

-------------------

 

 You know that moment when your heart fluttered so much that you just wanted to puke rainbow and unicorn fly out from your mouth? Yeah, that feeling is the worst and best feeling I ever felt.

 

 Sometimes, I hate him for making me feel like this. Because at the time I was confused at all these mushy things. Yeah, I like him ever since I was clueless about crush. That was like long time ago. Internet does me very bad.

 

 Okay, back to my point about puking.

 

 Just this morning, the feeling came to me and I swore my tounge tasted glitters.

 

 I was just walking to my first class with Tiffany when I bumped on him. Like legit bumped on him. Then, of course, I apologised at him and I picked up the books that fell on the ground. He helped me to gather my books and some papers and also picked up his books. But that's not the only amazing thing. We accidentally exchanged books !

 

 I was staring at his book for the nth time and I was smiling like an idiot for the thousandth times already. I enter my Literature class and sat at my usual seat. I immediately finish my unfinished homework that the teacher gave us yesterday. Out of nowhere, a harsh wind swept almost every dust in the class and made evryone coughed. His book opened and I proceeded to close it back but I saw a handwriting in his book.

 

 It was Lee Chaerin's phone number.

 

------------------

 

 " Hey Taeyeon! " I turned around and saw Jessica with Chaerin. I almost raised my eyebrows and clicked my tounge at the sight of the smiling girl. don't be smiling. Imma rip your mouth from your face!

 

 " Oh hey, so, what's up? " I asked Jessica. Jessica was Chaerin's best friend and also my friend. Chaerin got nothing to do with me and it would be lovely if she keep that in her mind. " Nah, I just wanted to buy you an ice cream since I lost the bet." I nodded and followed Jessica to the ice-cream stall beside our school's canteen.

 

 We saw him there and you better believe that Jessica started to give her a knowing look and nudged her. Oh yeah, imma nudge your belly button so hard that I make a hole and everytime you eat, will come out from your belly button. 

 

 I bit my lips and sighed slightly.

 

 After he left, Chaerin was pinching Jessica's body because of the feels. Eyeroll.

 

 Wait, Taeng. This is so freaking wrong. You shouldn't think like this to a person just because she liked a guy that you like. Another girl might be thinking like this about you and you wouldn't know because that girl might be like you right now.

 

 " Oh, so you like him? " I bluntly asked Chaerin and she blushed. I gave her his book. " Look, I accidentally exchanged books with him. So, could you please give this back to him. I'm helping you here. " I smiled slightly. Of course, a fake smile.

 

 " Thank you. " Jessica said on behalf of a very shy Chaerin and gave me an ice cream before she left with the happy girl. I just glared at the air and sighed deeply. " Looks like, a conflict, huh? " A voice startled me. It was Heechul oppa, my closest senior and my best friend. " Quite a drama isn't it? " I said as we sat on a bench beside the stall. " Yeah, I thought you endured it very good. " He draped his arm around my shoulders and pinched my ear. 

 

 " That hurts. " Actually I kind of understand why people thought that we're a thing. Not that I care.

 

 I saw Jiyong finished buying his ice cream and walked in front of us. He walked past us but not before he looked at us with his poker face. Heechul oppa faced me. " If you're not that ugly, I might think that he's jealous of me. " A slight butterfly erupted inside the pit of my stomach.

 

 " Highlight the word ' if you're not that ugly '. " Heechul oppa said , making me glared at him. " You're ruining everything. " I muttered and left him to go to my next class. " Just your fantasy! " I heard he shouted from behind me.

 

 Why am I friend with idiots?

 

-----------------

 

 Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.

 

 Welp, I got 164 rank. How? I got 3.36!

 

 Well, maybe it's just because there were so mamy talented people in my school that I looked like a booger compared to them and their smart brain. I searched for Tiffany's name so I could inform her rank since she was sick. Oh, 23. I face-palmed. Why is my best friend so freaking smart?! I need to get a piece of her mind.

 

 Then, as usual, I searched for his name. The heck? He ranked 3 in school? Well, he could teach me things I don't know and that would take time honestly. I just shrugged at my stupid thoughts. My eyes landed on Chaerin's name and she ranked 10. Crap, my rival was beyond me .

 

 That's it Tae. You're going to lose him to Chaerin. She's prettier than you, smarter than you and her rap is lit. Well, I could sing. But, he raps!

 

 That's it, you're going to get into an arranged marriage because you just couldn't move on. I snapped from my thoughts.

 

 You're so stupid Taeng.

 

------------------

A Few Years Later, Graduation Day.

 

 I looked around excitedly as I saw everyone in my batch were wearing cloak and hat with smile etched on their faces. It just made me so happy to look at happy faces. Smiles are surely contagious. " Taeng! " Someone screamed my name and attacked me with her bear hug. " We're graduating! " Tiffany shrieked and we jumped around while hugging.

 

 " After this we're going to work and we're going to get married! " Tiffany shrieked as she has always been the one to get excited about marriage.

 

 The graduation ceremony proceed smoothly and I swore, when I went up the stage to take my certificate, my parents were crying at their seats, making me slightly teared up too. Making my parents proud has always been my number one priority.

 

 " My little Taeng! " Someone shouted from behind me after I went to my parents. " Heechul oppa! " Me and Tiffany shrieked and we hugged him. " Woah, my two favourite girls just graduate. Appa is so proud. " He shed fake tears, making us laughed.

 

 " Wait, I'm going to the toilet first. " I said and they nodded, continuing their conversation.

 

 I walked fastly as my bladder couldn't hold in my pee anymore. I turned around the corner just to see a scene that I wanted to avoid looking at, moreover during my graduation day, a happy day.

 

 He was hugging Chaerin.

 

--------------------

 

 My eyes fluttered open as brightness greeted my sight. Was that just a dream? Him hugging Chaerin? Nah, that was definitely a memory but I just dreamt about it. That was the first time though I dreamt about those things. Whatever, let's just get back to sleep.

 

 I shifted my body to the right and threw my arm beside me. I felt a figure under my arm. No, two figures. I cracked my eyes opened and saw a man and a baby. The man turned his face toward me and cracked an eye open. He smiled. " Good morning babe. " His raspy voice made my heart jumped. I caressed my baby's face and she smiled a little at my touch.

 

 I smiled widely. " What's with the smile? Have a good dream? " I eyed him. " Not really. Just extremely happy this morning. " I replied and he kissed my nose.

 

 Because of that dream, I just forgot that I'm already 27 years old and has a daughter. Also, I'm married with my long-time crush.

 

 Kwon Jiyong.