Chapter 1

살다가 한번쯤 ( To Live At Least Once )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 12nd October 2015

 

Some people may have been accustomed to how freezing the morning felt, coldness enveloping all warm bodies in an icy blanket. But it felt different for Nam Hye Rin. Born in Busan on 9th of June 1997, she is the first child of two, herself and her brother Nam Kyu Joong. Since she was 10 years old she studied in Boston with the help of a scholarship. There, she took a major in music because of her passion in singing. Because she's been living outside of Korea for a long time, she doesn't speak korean that well. Eventhough it has been hard for her to acclimate back to her home country, she still cherished her ability of speaking English. And that was all because of her dream... Her dream of being known by everyone in this world for her music. But there exists an obstacle that caused delays in the materialization of her dream. Her parents.

 

" Hye Rin ! " Her mother shouted. While still collecting her senses from being woken up so abruptly from her sleep, Hye Rin tried to turn on the bedroom light.

 

" Urgh , this is the worst jet lag i ever had, " she said in English as she walked across her bedroom while tying up her long brown hair .

 

" Hye Rin ! " Her mother shouted again, this time is louder than before. Hye Rin hastily ran down the stairs and saw his mother cooking breakfast in a hurry. " How many times do you need your mother to call you?! but you - did not  - even wake up ! " she pointed the steaming spatula at Hyerin in time with every beat of her annoyed exclamation.

 

" Is dad not home yet ? " Hye Rin asked in Korean. While waiting for her mom to answer, she didn't bother to move a muscle. "Is dad not home yet ? " after seconds passed in silence, she asked again. 

 

"Do not dare ask about the whereabouts of your stupid father. Now, eat your breakfast quickly. Today is an important day." Her mother ordered while she was still busy preparing a lunch box for her brother.

 

"Your daughter has just arrived in korea 4 hours ago and you already told me to hurry off to college at this early hour. It is a shame! What the flower mom!" Her sharp tone was enough to awaken the fury of her mother, enough for her to throw an empty plastic bottle towards Hye Rin and hitting her right on the back of her head. She only brushed it off, not wanting to show her mom that she was at the least bit bothered. "You are the one who should go to that foul place, not me!" Hye Rin shouted as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter