Chapter 1. Interesting

Ideal Type

Looking at the worksheet in front of her, Jihwa groaned. Why does school even exist? She thought to herself before scribbling a totaly uncalculated answer on the sheet, hoping luck was on her side. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes. It seemed as if time was going just as fast as a sloth. Jihwa looked around the plain classroom trying to see if there was anything at all to help her. No luck. After a while, she saw everybody taking out a ruler. Wait... WHAT?!?! She stared at the sheet blankly. 

"If x = 10, then what does y =?" Jihwa asked herself. "Y=y!" She muttered, laughing at how incredibly 'smart' she was. In the end she just used 'eenie meenie miney moe' to pick her answers. Thank goodness it was a multiple choice test. Because some person accused Jihwa of stealing his answers, she was moved to the front so the teachers could keep an eye on her. She hated it, she couldn't fall asleep with the teacher right in front of her! Jihwa would do anything to trade seats with her friend, Angelina - who sat at the back, does nothing ever and gets surprisingly good grades. The break bell rang, and Jihwa immediately went to Angelina's desk.

"That test was so hard! How did you manage to actually do the test?!?!" Angelina laughed a little. "In the end I used eenie meenie miney moe because literally nothing made sense to me!" Jihwa exclaimed while the two walked to the cafeteria. "How many horses and humans if there are 196 legs and 74 heads? I mean, why would somebody count the legs and heads but not the people? It's weird!! Right?" She looked over to Angelina who was gone - she was already getting her food and munching away happily. "Are you listening to me?" Jihwa asked, looking at Angelina with the 'are-you-serious' face. As usual, Angelina was shoving her face with food. "Yah! Give me some of that! That's my favourite!"

"Hey, go get your own food! I am hungry and not in the mood to share!" Angelina said like shoving her face with food isn't a bad thing and she couldn't possibly choke and die. 

"You eat like a whale."

"It's not like you don't as well."

Jihwa agreed. She walked away and later came back to sit next to Angelina whom magically still had food on her plateThey ate in silence until both of them had finished their food. Jihwa looked down at her stomach which looked rounder than before. 

"Have a good stay here, thank you for being delicious!" She said. Angelina shook her head mumbling to herself how crazy her friend is. But she didn't complain, she had her own moments as well. "I'm stuffed! Do you want some icecream after school?" Jihwa asked her.

"You don't have to ask, you're paying today." Angelina replied. 

"I'm going to be broke after this treat..." Jihwa said before Angelina walked into her English class. Jihwa continued walking by herself until she was bumped by somebody. "HEY! WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING!" Jihwa yelled at him, he looked at her, amused and just left. "HEY! I'm talking to you!" She trailed after him. Jihwa didn't notice how handsome he was. He had semi-long dark brown hair and pale skin and looked like a younger version of Leonardo DiCaprio but Jihwa didn't care. He bumped her and it hurt so he had to apologise. Jihwa had too much pride to just let it roll by. "Apologise." She demanded. The boy pointed at himself.

"What did I do?" He asked, grinning while having an innocent look in his eyes. He eyed her up and down. Does this girl know what a beauty standard is? Probably not. Even so, he was oddly attracted to her. She had an attitude you wouldn't find so easily.

"What are you staring at?" Jihwa glared at him. 

"Something ugly." He said. 

"You, my dear are greatly mistaken. I  - infact am not a mirror." She fakely smiled at him, flipped her hair and walked away. 

Class, as usual was just such a delight. Jihwa tried her hardest to concentrate on something at all but her mind kept on drifting away to ice cream. She couldn't wait for the time this torturous place would finally free her for two days before coming back. Dear lord bell, please save me. And then... finally... the bell rang. Jihwa rushed to meet Angelina outside the school gate. She was there - on her phone probably telling her parents she's going to eat icecream with a friend. What a good girl. Jihwa ran to her and jumped on her back. 

"Ji, when was the last time you ran? You are heavy." Angelina stated calmly. 

"For your information, I ran just now." The other replied.

"I feel like I'm the older one here." Angelina sighed and pushed Jihwa off her back. 

"That's totally true because I am definitely not the one who is paying for icecream today." 

"I PAID FOR YOU FOR WEEKS!"

"Whatever, I'm paying today." Jihwa mumbled. The icecream van was in their sight and they eventually reached it. 

"1 scoop of Caramel, 1 scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip, 1 scoop of Chocolate and 1 scoop of Vanilla please!" Angelina ordered enthusiastically; for a small girl, she sure could eat a lot. 

"I'll have 3 scoops of Rocky Road." Jihwa said. 

The man behind the counter laughed, "You girls know how to eat!" 

Jihwa and Angelina laughed with him - after all, it was the truth. "$7 please." He asked. Jihwa handed him the money. 

"So delicious!!!!! Thank you Jiji~" Angelina said childishly before her ice cream. Jihwa just nodded.

"Oh! If it isn't Angelina!" A tall guy suddenly came to them. Jihwa looked at Angelina suspiciously. She doesn't talk to anybody, and yet Mingyu, the school's biggest Kingka is talking to her. She was blushing. SHE LIKES HIM!??!?!!? My precious child, why!! Don't fall into his trap!

The guy who bumped rudely into Jihwa was also there. 

"Ji, this is Mingyu and Vernon, we were grouped together in class." Angelina said shyly.

"Mingyu, nice to meet you." The taller boy held his hand out to Jihwa. She took it and shook it lightly. 

"Nice to meet you too, name's Jihwa." 

"Vernon." The other one said. Jihwa still glared - he still hadn't apologised to her.

"I know you, you bumped into me and didn't apologise." 

"And I'm not sorry, it was a small bump." 

"It still hurt." 

"I barely made contact with you. Do you think I would want to touch you? You're ugly!"

"You!" Jihwa was on the verge of slapping Vernon. Not because he called her ugly, but for judging people based on their appearance. That's the thing she hates most and she didn't want anybody to do that.

"Now, now. Calm down Jiji." Angelina pushed the two away from each other. 

"Vernon, please be like Joshua and be a gentlemen." 

"Whatever." Both of them replied at the same time. Angelina started at her ice cream again, Jihwa stared at hers and didn't have the appetite to eat it so she gave it to Angelina. Jihwa didn't touch her icecream, so no germs. Angelina ate happily while Mingyu started a conversation with Jihwa.
"Sorry Vernon is such a jerk." He said.

"Yah! I can hear you!" Vernon shouted.

"I'm telling the truth!" Mingyu retorted. Jihwa laughed at the bromance. She could just tell that they loved each other. "Can I have some of your icecream?" Mingyu asked Angelina. Her cheeks was a furious red.

"S-su-sure. Rocky Road or mine?" She stuttered. 

"Obviously yours. I don't really like Rocky Road." Mingyu chuckled. Angelina nodded and gave him the cone in her right hand. 

Jihwa smirked. They definitely liked each otherShe watched Mingyu and Angelina eat the icecream and then suddenly realised something. Mingyu is eating Angelina's icecream. Angelina ate that ice cream. With her lips. Mingyu is eating that icecream. With his lips. INDIRECT KISS?!?!!? That only confimed her theories even more. Is Mingyu acting sweet for Angelina or? At school girls go on about how hot he is not how cute. Jihwa shivered, it was starting to get cold. Vernon noticed, so he draped his jacket over her shoulders. 

"I don't need your jacket!" Jihwa said and pushed Vernon's jacket off but then immediately regretted it because it was so cold. 

"Okay then." Vernon shrugged and then took the jacket, putting it back on.

"I mean, if you insist." Jihwa pulled the jacket off him. 

"Your welcome." Vernon said sarcastically.

"Jihwa, Vernon! I have to go back home to study now." Angelina announced, strolling away.

"See you little girl!" Vernon bid his farewell.

"Bye Angel, see you." Jihwa said.

"Actually, I'll walk you home - it's dangerous for you to walk by yourself." Mingyu trotted behind Angelina. She smiled brightly. That's odd, Angelina talks to literally nobody and barely smiles at me. 

The sun was setting when Jihwa reached home. After Angelina and Mingyu left, it was extremely awkward for her to talk to Vernon so she just said 'bye' and left. 

Jihwa took out her phone and texted Angelina.

[To: Smol Angel]

Mingyu? ;) 

[From: Smol Angel]

I DO NOT LIKE HIM

[To: Smol Angel]

Not convinced.

[From: Smol Angel]

I'm not going to try.

[To: Smol Angel]

Because you do like him!!! AWWWWW (*_*) 

[From: Smol Angel]

It was interesting see you and Vernon flirt with each other.

Extremely interesting.

[To: Smol Angel]

My child, I hate his guts. 

He is a jerk.

And we weren't flirting.

[From: Smol Angel]

Whatever.

My bed is saying 'hello' to me.

Sorry, it needs me.

BYE

[To: Smol Angel]

The 'bed' is actually Mingyu I bet.

 

Jihwa lay on her bed, thinking about what happened today. Angelina making friends, Angelina making male friends, Angelina smiling for something other than food... it was pretty intriguing to Jihwa. Eventually, her brain became tired and was like 'nope', it went blank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did you like the first chapter? I hope you enjoy it, and look forward to the upcoming chapters.