Paper Route (Sehun/Fluff)

EXO Oneshots

She woke up earlier than usual. Perhaps it was the sun rays shining through her windows waking her up. She slowly opened her eyes and was greeted by a beautiful view of the sun stretching its rays throughout the city. The sky was clear, not a single cloud in sight. She checked the time on her phone and saw that it was 7:00am. Usually she would go back to bed but this morning had her feeling excited to start the day. She had just moved into this neighborhood and loved everything about it. The fantastic view from her bedroom window, the neighborhood dogs always running around on the block and her kind neighbors. It was beautiful and she couldn’t have asked for a better place to begin her first year in university.

Deciding to start her day right, she got ready to go for a morning run. She knew that even though the sun was shining, it was going to be a little bit chilly in the morning. She sported a hoodie and track pants. The crisp morning air immediately hit her when she opened the door and felt a small shiver run up her back. It was going to be a good day-she could feel it in her bones. It had been awhile since she went for a run and she began stretching, making sure to loosen every muscle in her body. As she bent down to stretch her legs, she could hear a bicycle coming near her but didn’t think much of it. She suddenly felt something hit her on the head and she almost fell over. She straightened herself up and saw a newspaper roll laying at her feet. A boy who looked around her age was sitting on a bike looking at her. He had a mail bag full of newspapers. He just looked at her, his face stoic. Her irritation began to grow. He didn't say anything and it was just a staring contest. 
“Well are you going to apologize?” she snapped. He continued to stare at her, not saying a single word. She took in his features and thought she was being foolish for thinking that he was very handsome during a situation like this. He had brown hair and bangs that ever so slightly hid his eyes, he had porcelain skin and a small scar on his right cheek. “Well?” she said, still waiting on his reply. He put one leg down and leaned against it. His stare was unnerving, “Are you new to this neighborhood?” he finally said. Even his voice had no tone and fluctuation to it. She stared back at him, shock written on her face. “The nerve-you-you threw a newspaper at my head!” she exclaimed. He propped his foot back on the pedal and adjusted his bag, “Because you’re new I’ll give you some advice,” he said, “don’t stand there next time, it’s usually where I throw it.” and with that he biked away. She stood in silence as she watched his figure disappear in the distance. “What an .” She thought aloud still in shock of what just happened. She scratched the idea of running and starting a nice morning. This was probably what she got for disturbing the natural clock and cycle inside of her. She wasn’t supposed to wake up this early and now she knew, this what the price to pay when waking up 3 hours earlier than usual.
________________________________________________________

The next morning, she jolted awake when she heard something hit her window. Her heart was accelerating from the sudden awakening and she was still trying to process the real world throught her grogginess. She rubbed her eyes and almost screamed when she heard another thud. “What in the world…” she hesitantly drew the curtains back and almost fell off her bed when she saw something hit her window just as she pulled the curtains apart.

Sehun watched as her body emerged from her bed and she was looking back and forth, looking for the culprit. He stiffled a laugh when she realized it was him. The look at anger and bewilderment from her sleepy eyes amused him. She still had bed head and the lose t-shirt she was wearing was starting to slip off her shoulder making Sehun take note of how defined her collarbones were. He had taken apart her newspaper roll and decided to have a little fun with her.
“I used up an entire roll,” he called, “I assumed you always woke up at this time and thought you needed a little help.” He could see her saying something but he couldn’t hear her.
“You have issues!” she screamed, “who even are you?!” the arrogance that this boy possessed made her want to smack him across his pretty face. He tipped his cap at her, “You might want to pick up all your paper before the neighborhood dogs come over and rip it up.” He called out again before disappearing.
“I’m going to kill him!” she screamed and plopped back down onto her bed. She smashed a pillow against her face and groaned. Now she was wide awake at 7 am, with no motivation to start her morning like yesterday and she couldn’t go back to sleep. She took the pillow off of her face and stared at the ceiling. Tomorrow was the day she was going to get even with him.
________________________________________________________

Sehun pedaled down his usual paper route. He greeted the people he saw on a regular basis, and got off his bike to give them the paper rather than throwing it in respect. Sehun genuinely enjoyed his part time job, it was an excuse to go out and get some exercise while making money. He wasn’t a morning person during the beginning of this job but he got use to it. The mornings were always nice and quiet, allowing him to have some alone time while enjoying the scenery. Sehun stopped in front of the house that he’s become familiar with for the past 2 days. He didn’t mean to be an in the beginning, he wasn’t paying attention and just threw the newspaper like he usually would. It just happened to hit her head. He was going to apologize but thought it would be a little fun messing with her-considering that she was new. But today Sehun decided to play nice, two days of torture was enough. As he reached into his bag to grab her paper when he suddenly felt streams of cold water hitting against his face.
“What the- “the water wouldn’t stop and he could feel goosebumps appear on his body due to the fact that the water was ice cold. It wasn’t until he heard laughing from a female voice that he put two and two together.

“Eat !” she popped up behind the bush that she was hiding behind and continued pumping her water gun and spraying him. “Stop! You’re getting my papers wet!” Sehun cried. She stuck out her lower lip, “My apologies, I didn’t mean to. Let me fix that.” And she went back to spraying at his face instead. “Very funny.” He muttered after she was done. His hair was dripping wet and the water had dripped from his face onto his chest. “But I kept your papers dry.” She beamed. He glared at her and wiped his face with his sleeves. He threw her paper in front of her feet and biked away without saying another word to her. Her eyes widened and she reached out a hand, “Wai- “but he was too quick, and disappeared before she knew it. Though she did get him back, she felt defeated. He actually seemed angry. Maybe she took it a step too far. Disappoitment and regret formed in her chest. She groaned in annoyance and kicked the paper before walking back inside. Even when she was able to get him back, he won. When he came back tomorrow morning, she’d apologize,

 

Her plan to apologize failed. Sehun stopped bothering her when he came so she’d sleep right through his arrival and every time she stepped outside she saw he had already delivered the paper. She exhaled and picked it up before returning back into the comfort of her home.
________________________________________________________

The night air felt nice against Sehun’s skin. It was the right temperature, not too hot or too cold, it was just right. He always loved to take a small ride around the block before ending the night. It helped clear his mind and tired him out which was good considering he had troubles sleeping at night sometimes. He rode around the same neighborhood as his paper route because it was one of the safer routes especially at this hour. He circled the block a few times before deciding to sit down and take a small break. Placing his bike on the sidewalk and Sehun sat on the curb. Leaning against his hands, he looked up towards the sky and closed his eyes.
“Yeah I don’t know what I’m going to do.” He heard a familiar voice speak. He opened one eye to scan around and felt some strange excitement when he saw who it was. She was walking home after a long day of studying. Time went by without her knowing and she was more than grateful that tomorrow was the weekend. “I paid almost $300 for that textbook and now its gone.” She complained to her friend over the phone. She had misplaced a very important textbook for a course she was taking. She had a huge test coming up the next week and had no material to help her. Sehun could hear her frustration even though he was on the other side of the road, He only scoffed and shook his head. “Yeah it’s for econ,” she said, “101 yeah. Maybe I can find one online or something and…” she disappeared into her house leaving Sehun in the dark as to what the rest of her plan was. He craned his head back up to the sky and sighed. I could be nice, but then again she did shoot me with water. He propped his bike up and sat down on it, ready to take another ride around the block. Nah, she put this on herself.
 

“Damn!” her phone read 11:20 am. Usually she’d wake up an hour before but she was so tired from all the studying she did last night it cost her another chance to find that guy and apologize. By this point she thought it was hopeless but she still wanted to try. It was the thought that count. She stayed in bed for a little longer before getting up and going outside to grab her paper. She wasn’t expecting her paper to be at her doorstep instead of its usual place somewhere on her lawn.

“No way…” she gasped. She picked up the newspaper and tossed it aside, revealing an econ textbook underneath it. But this isn’t mine. She picked up the book and flipped through the pages. It wasn’t even the same one she owned. She looked at the front cover of the book and found a sticky note attached to it.

No I’m not a stalker but heard you needed this. Hopefully it’s the same one you need and if it isn’t, it still covers the same material your professor teaches. I took this course last year and it was the dumbest thing ever. So, it suits you.

She didn’t even have to think about who gave it to her. The attitude and tone in the note matched only one specific person, and it wasn’t a coincidence that it came along with her paper. Not only did she have to apologize, but she also had to thank him now.
________________________________________________________

The next morning, she got up early. She was not going to make anymore excuses and set 5 alarms to make sure she would wake up. She took time to get ready and actually put some makeup on. It didn’t occur to her why she wanted to make sure she looked good when she saw him considering that she would probably go back to bed after thanking him. There was only 5 more minutes until 7 and she needed to catch up with him. He was good at escaping, quick at it too. She grabbed the nearest hoodie she could fine and waited on her front porch. As the minute hand got closer to 7, the butterflies in her stomach began to swarm. Her heart began to race as she heard the sound of a bicycle come close. She got up, smoothed the nonexistent wrinkles on her shorts and quickly fixed her hair. When he appeared, she was certain that she was going to throw up.
“Morning.” Sehun said, no tone per usual. “Hey.” She managed to say and slowly approached him. Sehun felt happy to see her again. He almost missed her presence even though it was mainly her being angry at him. An awkward silence formed. She was too nervous to say anything. He had the most magnetic aura and this gaze did not help either. As usual, the neighborhood was quiet at this time. The sun was already in the sky and the chirping of birds could be heard. 

"So..." he said trying to break the ice. It was kind of cute seeing other sides of her. The awkward side was a little endearing. She mentally prepared herself and took a deep breath.
"Sorry for spraying you with water, you looked really upset and I didn't mean to upset you," she said unable to meet his eyes, "and thank you for the textbook. You really saved my life with that one." A cheeky smile appeared on his face, "So I'm not that bad after all huh?" She glared at him. This wasn't a time to joke. How dare he mock her when she was already incredibly nervous.
"I never said that." She said. It was hard to keep a straight face when he was smiling at her. Actually smiling. The most precious little smile she had ever seen. His eyes formed into crescent moons and he looked so different, it was like she was talking to someone else who had possessed Sehun's body. "Alright then," Sehun said getting ready to head off, "put that textbook to good use." And he began to pedal. 
"Wait!" She called. Sehun braked and felt another smile form on his face. He was hoping she'd stop him.
"I still have to pay you back for the book." She said fishing out money from her pocket. Sehun took a deep breath and felt his hands begin to sweat. Now or never. She's never going to wake up this time again. And if you just show up at her house it's creepy and weird. Okayokayokayokay. He turned around to look at her, "Keep the money." He said. She shook her head and counted her bills to make sure she had enough, "No way. I know how expen-"
"Get breakfast with me instead. I finish fairly soon."
She stopped counting and felt her legs go weak. As if she was about to go down the biggest rollercoaster ride ever, the butterflies in her stomach began to go crazy and she started to tremble out. "What?"
Sehun gave her a sly smile, "I'll be back in about 15 minutes." And with that he disappeared down the block.