Habits

Don't Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV

 

“I’m done!!!!” Dara exclaimed in glee as she showed Bom the black neck pillow with heads of small bear attached on each end of it. “Do you think she’ll like it?”

 

“She’ll love it!” Bom cheerfully said as she slumped down the couch next to Dara. The two were both working on their customized gifts for CL. Dara decided to buy a neck pillow for CL since CL traveled a lot. She attached two small heads of bears on it to make it more personalize and since CL has a thing for bears. Bom on the other hand, bought CL a new white cap. She decided to draw different figures and words on it to make it look stylish.

 

“You know Chaerin loves personalize gifts. She used to give us handmade gifts too, remember?” Bom added.

 

“Ne, she made me a plush toy and she also gave us slip-on sneakers with an Ace and Queen of Spades painted on it after our debut.” Dara said as she remembers the time CL surprised them with hand-painted sneakers she made with Xin’s help.

 

” I suddenly miss living in the dorm with the girls. I used to hate it before but now that we’re living apart from each other, now that we’re not seeing each other as often as we used to, it made me feel a little lonely.” Bom said somberly.

 

“Yeah, I miss it too. I’m gonna miss it more once I started living in the dorm again. And this time, I’m all by myself.” Dara breathed out a sigh as she remembers YG’s order for her to move back to 2ne1’s dorm.

 

“You’re moving back to our dorm? Why?” Bom asked as she shifted her position on the couch to face Dara fully.

 

“I was late on the shoot last time and turns out someone have informed Sajangnim about it. He wasn’t quite pleased about what happened so he wanted me to move back to our dorm so I’ll be closer to the site.  But thankfully, omma convinced Sajangnim to let me stay a little bit longer in our home until she goes back to Busan. So I still have 2 weeks left before I’ll be left all alone in our cold and dark apartment.”

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t be there with you.” Bom told Dara as she looked down on her lap with her fingers playing the hem of her shirt.

 

“It’s okay Bommah, sooner or later, you girls will join me there right? We’ll all live together again just like before.” Dara said as she places her right hand on top of Bom’s hand and smiled at her.

 

“Will we? Do you think we can still come back?” Bom asked wearing a worried expression on her face.

 

“Of course we will! Why can’t we? Bommah, our blackjacks are still waiting for us. We’ll be slaying the stage any time soon. Trust me.” Dara encouragingly said squeezing Bom’s hand in the process.

 

“What if people still hate me? What are we gonna do if they don’t want to see me perform again?”

 

“Yah, how can they hate the kindest and the most lovable person I’ve ever met? It’s been a year, I’m sure the issue has died down by now. They must have forgotten about it already. So stop moping around and get your moving cause we have a birthday party to attend to.” Dara pushed herself up to stand and pulled Bom with her as well. “Brighten up Bommah, we can’t have our leader sulking with us later. We have to do our best cheering our leader for her US debut. She must be pressured by now with all the preparation and expectations for her album.”

 

“Arasso, I’ll try not to squeeze the life out of her when I hug her tight later. I miss that girl so much! I haven’t seen her for weeks.”

 

“Aigoo, I should go now; I still have to go home to freshen up. You should get ready as well, in any minute now, Jjangmae will be here with Minji to pick you up.” Dara reminded Bom before she picked up the paper bag on the couch and started heading to the door.

 

“Ah yeah, aren’t you going to ride with us?” Bom asked Dara as she walked her to the door.

 

“Ani, I have to get there earlier than you guys. Jiyong asked for my help in designing the venue for Chaerin’s party.” Dara answered Bom without looking at her as she’s busy tying her shoelace.

 

Bom’s ears perks up upon hearing Dara mention Jiyong’s name. “Since when did you start designing venues for birthday parties?” Bom asked with a knowing smile forming on her lips.

 

“Ever since the members started celebrating parties?.” Dara answered looking up to Bom after she’s done tying the lace of her shoes.

 

“As far as I remember, Minji’s always the one designing our dorm whenever we have a party.” Bom said arching her brows up while grinning.

 

“Yah, I also help her out. And what’s with that smile? I don’t like whatever idea forming in your mind right now.” Dara stood up and place both of her hands on her hips as she faced Bom who’s now leaning her back against the wall by the door.

 

“Wae? I’m not thinking about anything. I’m just surprised that you and Jiyong are going well. And you’re actually helping him out “design” the venue.”Bom said feigning ignorance as she emphasize the last few words.

 

“May I remind you that you’re the one who told me to stop ignoring Jiyong and start being civil with him. And I’m just helping him because it’s for Chaerin. I told you we need to cheer her up for her debut. This is the least thing I can do for her.”

 

“If that’s what you say. But Dara, as much as I’m happy that you and Jiyong are okay now, a little advice wouldn’t hurt right?”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Dara asked with her brows arching up. Bom pushed herself away from the wall and walk closer to Dara placing her hand on top of her left shoulder.

 

“Well, what you and Jiyong are doing are more than being civil Dara. Being civil is trying to treat each other nicely in front of other people. But you and Jiyong are more than that. He calls you every night and you talk to each other like nothing happened. I’m really happy that you somehow find a way to work things out, and that you happen to save whatever that’s left for you to continue on having this kind of relationship but I just want you to be careful Dara. This-“ Bom pointed her finger on top of Dara’s chest. This thing is a . When it starts beating for someone, you can’t stop it no matter what you do. Don’t let it beat again for the same person who causes it to be broken into pieces. Don’t let it be broken again Dara, it will be harder to fix the second time around.”

 

“Bommah, I think you got me all wrong.” Dara said as she moves Bom’s fingers away from her chest. “What Jiyong and I have right now is nothing but friendship. I decided to be friends with him again cause sooner or later we’re bound to meet again and maybe work together. When we start working on our album again, there might be a chance that Sajangnim will ask Jiyong to help us. It would be awkward if we’re still not okay when that happens right? I’m just preparing us for whatever may happen in the future. Those calls? I only answered those to show him that I’m okay now, that I’m not affected by him anymore.  I think this is the best way for me to completely move on. Rather than avoiding him, I think it’s better for me to face him. Just like they say ‘face your fears to conquer them’.” Dara smiled at Bom trying to reassure her that she’s okay though deep inside she knows that she’s not. Ever since she started talking with Jiyong again, she’s been having dreams of their mem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter