storms are made for brewing

fire under the rain
Please log in to read the full chapter

|| Seunghyun meets his new partner and Siwon notices a few things.

 

Seung Hyun downs the first three shots in quick succession, stemming the urge to act on his anger. The urge to hit something is strong he tamps it down with another shot, lifting a finger for two more.

 

"Mind if I join you?"

 

Siwon slides into the stool to his left and orders a shot, downing it once served before facing him.

 

"Why the long face, sweetheart?"

 

His friend's humor draws a scoff from him and that tells the newcomer he's in no mood to entertain jokes at the moment. The last he saw of his former partner was in Chief's office. The conversation did not look good. Seeing him at the bar tossing up shots one after the other confirms it.

 

"What did Chief say?"

 

"He wants to pair me up with a doctor."

 

Siwon pulls back, "Chief's matchmaking now?"

 

"Damn it, Choi. He wants me to get a partner."

 

"Oh." The play of confusion and curiosity goes back and forth his friend's face that Seung Hyun feels his earlier outburst at the Chief's office was well founded.

 

When he supplies that his supposed partner is a female doctor with basic police training and quotes Chief's words that this partnership is an attempt to bridge science and police work to a more local level, he relishes the rise of Siwon's animated brows and nods. He doesn't blame him that for all the possible comments he could have made, his friend only says, "Well, what do you think?"

 

"I am not going to be part of an experiment." He shakes his head, jaw tightened as an outward expression of trying to put a semblance of control to his superior's command.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter