# 1

city streetlights
'Girls and boys, this is PJM speaking, the BornSingerShow is on!'
 
With the introduction flowing from his smiling lips, Jimin looks straight into the camera lenses as he begins talking about the content of the days during which his subscribers don't get to see him. It's Friday and that means he's shooting the second type of video from the two that are to his liking: the vlog. The other type, the cover, usually gets recorded on Mondays.
 
As he prefers paying attention to the camera, so basically to his viewers, he doesn't tour around the house, choosing to politely sit in front of the camera and throw his award-winning smile towards it, as naturally as he can muster it.
 
It's a rather special day since he's planning on excusing himself for the lack of any cover come following Monday.
 
'So I'm gonna have to postpone the cover for next week, I'm really sorry for that, you guys.'
 
One single clap of his hands travels through the empty room as he shyly winks at the camera and lifts up one finger:
 
'But...'
 
He looks around, almost as if expecting someone to just barge in and interrupt him.
 
Not that it will happen. It's not part of the plan.
 
He's got all that he has to say staged up in his head anyway so he keeps going:
 
'Everybody knows what's happening this weekend, right? Riiiight?'
 
He nods his head understandingly, then chuckling with shaking shoulders:
 
'That's right!' he bursts. 'VidFest is coming up this weekend in Tyzel and I'm gonna be there
3 days out of 3! Are you excited? You have to be!'
 
He runs his fingers through his jet-black hair and he searches for his words. All planned out, but it's still something he hasn't done before. He hasn't once announced that he's going anywhere.
 
Mainly because he actually doesn't. 
 
He knows he shares YouTube with billions of other people, but he can't help but think of it as something personal sometimws. In just 1 year of activity, he had come to acquire a small, dedicated fanbase that would regularly watch the content he posted, as well as react to it and maybe, if he got lucky, even share it to their own social media accounts.
 
He wanted to do this for his fanbase. He wanted to show up and take hundreds of photos to keep them posted since it was a youtubers-only kind of gig that didn't exactly allow fans to come wandering around. 
 
He's gonna go out there and make a name for himself in his own way, one polite and talented step at a time.
 
His eyes glow with unquestionably sincere joy when he lifts his head to the camera, the only thing he seems to care about the most these days:
 
'As always, thanks so much for watching and look forward to updates from VidFest! Until next time here at the BornSingerShow, I say
bye-bye!'
 
He shortly waves to the camera and ends the recording. Maybe there's time to edit a bit of it before going to the convenience store for his afternoon shift.
 
Getting up, he sighs out, a habit that has gotten into him ever since he's
recorded his first video. It calms him down.
It gives him some sort of relief, it completes a ritual.
 
What time is it? 
 
Oh, 3 o'clock in the afternoon. He's got one hour left until his shift starts.
 
He sits at his computer, an older model, with stickers and marker drawings all over the hefty monitor and the clicky keyboard.
 
As soon as he opens up a new tab, he gets onto YouTube. With his eyes trained on the screen, he checks to see if any of his favourite uploaders have anything new for him to watch.
 
He knows he should probably, as a fellow Youtuber, remember their posting patterns, but he likes the surprise of it all. 
 
There's only one new video from someone whose videos he regularly watches, but he decides to browse the site for a series of editing tutorials that he's behind with.
 
He only manages to get half of the fifth viddo into his brain before curiosity gets the best of him. Leaving the tab open, the tutorial now paused, he opens another tab to check out the new video.
 
An endearing visage comes forward and he recognizes the ever cheery owner of the VTV channel.
 
'Another day of your life wasted away as you can't help but watch my wonderful, wonderful face shoved into your not as wonderful, but still kinda pretty face!!'
 
Jimin hides a smile in the cup of his palm because this guy never has the same intro. It's all spontaneous energy bouts and minutes full of crazed happiness, whether he's doing challenges, dance covers, sketches or sport exercises.
 
Okay, so Jimin has kind of been watching him for a long time now, that's why he knows that his uploads vary by genre.
 
But V, aka Taehyung, is one of those people who can light up a room with their charm. Even as he watches this new video, a seemingly safe suite of skateboards tricks entitled 'Skate before steak!', Jimin finds himself clapping along to some made up tune that Taehyung invented so that the sun would stop shining so brightly because it's hindering him.
 
'Will you waste some more time with me when the time comes? Of course you will! Until then!' his face is dripping sweat as he says his resemblance of an outro, one of his index fingers coming to tug at his baggy T-shirt, revealing tan, humid skin.
 
Jimin stares. At Taehyung's smile, at Taehyung's little mole above his left nostril, at his shock of a red hair and further, at the sun in the background.
 
It is now 3:45 in the afternoon.
 
He barely notices the numbers on the righthand corner of his screen. Immediately after, he scrambles to his wardrobe, computer still on and his mind replaying the latest VTV upload.
 
As he carefully locks the door to his decently sized apartment, Jimin thinks that there will maybe come a day when his videos would be less stiff, less by the book and more...nonsensical.