Chapter 1

Full Blown Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold night air was comforting, city skyline beckoning to her as she sat down in front of the railings that prevented anyone from falling down the ten stories this building provided. A gust of wind blew by, ruffling her hair and making it fall over her eyes. The pages of her sketchbook turning one by one, a synchronized dance led by the wind.


Her gaze remained however, on the city scape, night lights a bright contrast against the dark sky, not a single star being visible. And so Chaeyoung opened her sketch book to a new page, one where the ink from her previous drawing didn't bleed through; she grabbed her pen, eyes watching the movements slowly as the pen moved in her hands to trace the same pattern of the building in front of her onto paper.


She stopped for a minute, right leg dangling in the air as it hung over the lowest railing, heel hitting the concrete wall of the building's exterior. She hears the first drop of rain land on her sketch book with a faint splattering sound, felt the second one slide down her cheek and wet the page underneath her, tastes the third one as it hit her upper lip and trailed downward — it was enough of an indication for her to stand up and seek comfort in the stairs she had used to lead her toward the roof. The small overhang providing closure from the pouring rain.


With a soft sound she glanced at the page of her sketch book, observed how the ink mixed with the rain and created a faint black-ish grey trail stopping a few centimetres just below the other outline of the building she had begun to draw. Her finger trailed the mark it had created, observed the way the colors had mixed themselves together — water, a substance that was pure and ink another which was anything but pure, with it's dark colour that left a permant stain should it be used incorrectly or in haste. A tug on the corner of her lips was made visible before it disappeared as she closed the sketch book and put it inside her bag.


She stared out towards the city, lights blurred slightly in the distance, rain drops masking the beauty before she shouldered her bag and turned around. The sight had been already engrained into her head since the very first time she had come.


She'll have to continue another time.


-


Her eyes followed the raindrop, watched as it trailed down the big glass window of her living room and further observed it as it collided with another before completely falling from her sight. She moved closer, dark brown hair bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter