ii.

undeniable » GJH

''I've heard about this f-'' the girl sitting by her best friend sighed heavily ''Can you stop right there, Hana?'' she asked, leaning her back on the chair as she quietly stared at the female who chuckled lowly. They were sitting in Miyoung's bed, perhaps thinking about the vacation they were going to have soon. ''You know, my mom said my aunt won't mind if we use her house while we're on Jeju. My cousin's there too.'' Hana commented, stretching out her arms just to fall down on her best friend's bed. Miyoung rolled her eyes playfully "Are you talking about the one that tried to kiss you last summer?" a loud laugh echoed in the room but that only earned a glare from Hana who sighed.

"I told you, he was drunk." she mumbled, picking up something she found on the floor, analysing it calmly as her friend went on "I wonder if you'd kiss him back in case he did kiss you.." that put the female in a bad position. She wondered to if she'd ever kiss him back if the kiss did happen. Miyoung seemed to catch that small detail and chuckled "You'd give it a try." she accused Hana, pointing over at her just to notice the object on her friend's hand.

"What's that?" suddenly, the small unknown object that was in Hana's hand was enough to distract Miyoung and push away the touchy subject Hana wanted to avoid.

"Got no idea, I was wondering if you actually had any idea of what this may be." she shrugged quietly, taking a closer look at what seemed like a necklace. Miyoung puffed her cheeks and tilted her head "We should ask your cousin, seems like one of his weird stuff things, right?" she asked, humming to herself before nodding her head at how right she was in that moment.

"Are you sure you don't want to meet my cousin?" Hana teased, laughing as she pulled the weird necklace to her backpack. They wouldn't be touching it anymore, it didn't belong to them in first place.

The night fell over the girl's place. Hana fell asleep but for some reason, Miyoung couldn't get herself some peace. She found the necklace a strange thing. Why was it in her room? How did it actually get there? It was getting weirder. They had travelled to Jeju last year, why did the necklace only show up now?

Sighing, the female sat up on her bed, frowning as she noticed her best friend's backpack was creating an annoying noise that was driving her crazy. She could make up a few words but she had absolute no idea of what was going on. "Hana..." Miyoung whispered, shaking the female just gently to get her attention.

A sleepy Hana took a look at her best friend who seemed to be troubled. "Can you hear it too?" she whispered quietly, pointing to the bag. Hana looked at her confused on top of being sleepy and sighed "Girl, you're just sleepy." Hana mumbled out but Miyoung sighed and looked at the bag, quietly before she understood a word.

"Jun...hwe? Who's Junhwe?" she asked, getting up slowly. She walked towards the bag, knowing Hana was watching her, thinking she had gone crazy. She knew she wasn't crazy when she said she was hearing something.

Her hand reached out for the bag, digging through it to find the necklace or whatever that was. Her eyes noticed there was a small blue light coming from the object, which made it easier to track. Her hand reached for it, picking it up as her eyes analyzed the necklace. She was about to ask the question she asked before, directly to the object but she suddenly passed out.

Hana who watched the scene widened her eyes. A strong white light that lasted only a few seconds was seen. "Yah...Mi!" she called out, running to her friend once the light was gone. Her body was laying on the floor. She panicked, now being completely awake. "Mi, this isn't funny!!!" she tried shaking her best friend but the second her hand touched her skin, she felt a shock. Hana was surprised.

About an hour later, Miyoung woke up, shaken by the slight agitation she felt. Her eyes slowly opened, allowing her to take a look around the place she was. She frowned just to notice she had Hana by her side. "Where are we?" she whispered to her best friend who seemed nervous. Her hand was shaking but as soon as she heard her voice, she sight out of relief, still being unable to stop her hand from shaking "We're going to Jeju." Hana calmly spoke as if this was something normal to say, as if that day was just like any other day of their lives. It wasn't.

Miyoung rest her head on the window, feeling dizzy still as she rest her hand over her forehead. ''What happened?'' she asked, closing her eyes slowly just to hear her best friend ''I have absolute no idea. You suddenly passed out, after touching...the necklace or whatever that is.''  Miyoung opened her eyes slowly as she tried to remember what happened ''Junhwe.'' she whispered quietly hearing Hana sigh heavily. ''We'll be in Jeju soon.'' with that, her best friend went back to sleep. 

Hana woke Miyoung up as soon as they arrived their destination. It took them a while to guide themselves through the island since it wasn't their home town. They didn't go there that often to know the island. Sighing, Hana pulled out her phone and stared at the monitor, wondering if she should or should not tell her cousin to pick them up. She ended up deciding to call him since Miyoung was acting strange. It was like her best friend's head weighted more than her actual body. Probably she was just sleepy, or at least that was the explanation she found.

Hana stared at the screen, still hesitating as she searched for her cousin's name on her contact list. Truth to be told, she didn't have that many contacts but the thought of hearing his voice somehow drove her mad. Her brain still didn't decide what to do but her finger pressed his number without any further hesitations, making her brain panic; it was done and there was no way back, too bad for Hana.

She was greeted by a sleepy voice, almost whinning. ''What is it?'' the voice whispered, making Hana sigh, noticing he was asleep ''Where are you?'' she asked, not caring enough to take a look at the watch Miyoung kindly showed her even if she wasn't even paying attention to what her best friend was doing, much less even reading her thoughts. It was late, or early for some. Very early ''I'm at home, where the hell do you expect me to be at five in the morning?'' the voice groaned. Hana heard some noises, and that allowed her to understand he was getting off his bed; he was actually sleeping. ''Yah, did you wake me up for nothing? What the hell do you want?'' he shouted over the line, if the female didn't know her cousin, she'd think he was drunk.

''Well, I'm near the airport. I'm not sure of the way to your house.'' she quickly answered him, knowing he wasn't exactly known for being patient when he woke up. ''And what the hell are you doing there?'' he sighed, he seemed tired. He always did, perhaps a bit too tired to even realize how everything he did last summer affected her. ''It's not my fault you forgot your ing necklace or whatever on my bag and my best friend started calling for a ing Junhwe or whatever his name was.'' she shouted at him, hating the way he spoke to her. In her brain, he had absolute no reason to even raise his voice at her. 

The mention of the name made Jinhwan sit up straight and wake up. He had been searching for the necklace ever since it disapeared and now, finally it has shown up. He was surprised. ''What did you say?'' he whispered to the phone, rushing to get pants on and a shirt as well. Before Hana had time to speak again, he was already running downstairs, half dressed as the shirt seemed to be harder to put on than the pants he had in his hands. ''Wait, don't move. I'll go get you.'' and with that, he hung up. 

Hana looked over at Miyoung, frowning at the sight of her best friend who seemed passed out, perhaps over all she was put through last night. Her eyes landed on her own bag, that she was somehow afraid to touch over the things that happened the day before. The necklace was hanging almost showing off the glorious silver color, she didn't dare to even pull it further inside her bag. If by only looking Miyoung went weird, what could happen if she touched it? However, she was curious about everything. Hana reached for the object, gulping down her saliva as she slowly approached it. She flinched and closed her eyes as her index finger touched the unnatural texture it had. She was expecting something to happen but when she opened her eyes, everything was still the same, they were still near the airport, waiting for Jinhwan who seemed to take way too long to arrive when his house was five minutes away from the airport where they were. Hana knew perfectly well the way to his cousin's house, but she still didn't want to give it away, how every detail of his life was somehow part of hers too.

Hana decided to grab the necklace completely, taking it in both of her hands, analyzing it carefully with both, her hands and eyes. Nothing seemed weird about it, so why did it affect Miyoung so much? The female bit her lip, shouting after a few seconds as she noticed a shorter male was right in front of her, shouting something to her that she didn't even seem to understand - did they speak the same language? It was Jinhwan, taking the necklace away with what he called special gloves. As soon as the item was taken away from the female's hands, she passed out. Her body landed on the floor as if she was a rock. The male blinked before taking a look at his cousin's best friend.

''Oh .'' he whispered, biting his lip as he looked back at Hana who was still on the floor. Miyoung had her right hand almost covering since only her index finger was over her lips, the other fingers were over he cheek as she watched the scene. ''She's going to kill you...'' she whispered to the male who quickly put away the object, wrapping it onto the gloves before shoving it somewhere inside the car he drove since he found out Hana could have more than just a backpack and he didn't want to carry it - he was lazy to walk too. 

''She certainly is if she gets to know I let her fall...'' he sighed, picking her up from the floor. Miyoung watched quietly, still not figuring out what she was doing in Jeju. The female nodded her head slowly, getting onto the back seats without being ordered. Jinhwan carried Hana to the passager seat as he got himself onto the driver's seat. 

''Did she say anything about me?'' the male asked as soon as he made sure Hana was alright, she was still passed out but at least she was inside the car. Miyoung smiled softly at the innocent question he asked. ''A lot of things actually.'' she answered, honestly as she watched a soft smile rip his, until then, lifeless lips. ''nothing you'd like to hear though.'' she added, noticing how his smile disappeared. She smiled, satisfied at the result as Hana wouldn't exactly let her know if he had something with her. ''However...'' that small word gave Jinhwan some home, it could be read off his features ''However, you should make it clear for both of you.'' she finished, showing off a slight smile as she was still feeling a bit dizzy over what happened just a few hours ago.

Jinhwan made sure to take the long way to his house, even if the car was silent. For some reason he didn't feel like going home, or perhaps talking about this at home wouldn't be such a good idea ''So what happened actually?'' he asked, focusing on the road ahead of him as he waited for Miyoung's answer. The female bit her lip, leaning down on her seat as she took a look at the outside and at how slowly the trees passed by them. This was like torture and the worst was that it was intended. ''I don't know, all I know is that I heard this... Junhwe name or whatever it was.'' she whispered quietly, as if that name was itself a sin that could lead her to worst scenarios than the one she has been through.

''It has been long since I heard his name.'' Jinhwan confused the female. The second she looked at him, he was smiling, more like smirking as he still focused on driving. ''Why is this so amusing to you if I may ask.'' Miyoung crossed her arms, noticing they had stopped. Jinhwan had parked the car but the second she looked outside, she noticed they weren't at his house, at least not at the house they were last summer when they came for their deserved vacation. Jinhwan turned around on his seat, making sure to look at the female. ''It's just that, he's your worst nightmare. Belive me.'' 

The female rolled her eyes at how his answer didn't help her the slightest. He was certainly having a lot of fun with it ''I'm pretty sure you want to meet him. He's quite a piece to be honest. And let me tell you, he's unique.'' Jinhwan laughed out those words, getting Miyoung's brain even more confused about the all situation. ''Where are we going?'' she sighed, wanting to change the subject even if she was curious about it. ''Honestly?'' he looked at the girl passed out right beside him, trying to find a way to work every probelm they had out. ''None of you is safe here. But I need Hana to wake up first.'' he commented, earning a groan from Miyoung who wasn't fond of all the mistery.

''Where are we going then?'' the female that was awake almost immediatelly felt regret eat her alive upon hearing the answer of the male who smirked, amused with the situation ''To see Junhwe.'' 

 

Hana woke up after some good three hours. Jinhwan was sitting by her head, eyes closed and arms crossed as his back was supported by the white wall of the house they had came in. Her eyes scanned the surroundings, still not finding Jinhwan. She didn't know the room, much less the house and it somehow creeped her out; for all she knew, she could have been kidnapped by someone she didn't know but as soon as she tilted her head back, she relaxed, noticing Jinhwan was right there, probably asleep or something.

''Took you long enough to wake up.'' he whispered, startling the female who was convienced by his closed eyes that he was asleep. ''Don't worry, usually people take longer to wake up, I'm surprised.'' he commented, opening his brown eyes that for some reason had turned into an enchanting green. ''Jinhwan?'' she whispered, frowning as the sight didn't quite please her. He nodded once, confirming it was him indeed who stood right there. She rolled her eyes and sat up, remembering he was still acting cold towards her. ''Where's Mi?'' Jinhwan shrugged slowly; he still had to talk about some things to his cousin ''Probably preparing to meet Junhwe.'' he told her calmly, shrugging again just to show how uninterested he was about it. ''She's going to meet Junhwe?'' she couldn't speak any further as his sharp words were enough for her to take in part of the situation ''You're in danger here.''

The door opened, showing Miyoung dressed in a soft pink, nothing like her who'd rather hide behind either white or blue colors that honestly fit her body way too well. Pink wasn't that bad either. Jinhwan's eyes landed on her. ''Mi!'' Hana smiled, getting up slowly to appreciate how nice she looked in the pink dress she had changed into. It was almost white though, and that was the reason why Miyoung agreed to dress it anyways. ''It looks good on you.'' the female nodded her head at her best friend's comment, showing off a slight smile. She wasn't happy. 

''Lia.'' ''Lia what?'' ''What?'' Both, Miyoung and Hana turned their heads to look at Jinhwan who suddenly pronnounced a word that wasn't familiar to Miyoung. He shook his head, pointing over at Miyoung ''Lia.'' he said again, making the female raise an eyebrow as she pointed at herself, confused ''What's Lia?'' Jinhwan tilted his head slightly as his shoulders raised slightly, almost as if wishing good luck (for a next time) to someone. ''You're Lia.'' Hana raised an eyebrow, laughing quietly as she shook her head ''I've known Mi for more than half of my life. I'd know if she was Lia.'' she glared at her cousin who rolled his eyes. He leaned closer to her, his face being a couple inches away from hers ''She's Lia.'' 

''Who's Lia though?'' Hana scoffed, rolling her eyes as she shook her head and walked towards the door ''One of his stupid theories that he lives obsessed for.'' she whispered, pushing the door as she walked out. ''It's not my fault you're not ing special.'' he shouted at her, only hearing the door bang as it closed. Miyoung closed her eyes before she had the chance to glare at Jinhwan. ''You should really start being careful with your words.'' with this, she turned around and pushed the door open, looking for her best friend; she was lost with everything that happened that day.

''It's a lot to take in on a single day.'' these words made Hana turn around even if she didn't need to. A slight smile ripped her lips but Miyoung knew perfectly well it was nowhere near happy or real. She was sad with what just happened but there was nothing they could do about it. Miyoung was quick to hug her friend, hoping this would help but within the small layer that allowed Hana to see how worried she was about her, she could also read concern for her own doubts and curiosity. ''Lia I-'' but Miyoung shook her head ''I'm not Lia'' Hana looked down. ''You are.''  this shocked the female; Hana once denied she was Lia but now she was? She didn't want to dig any deeper through this confusion, perhaps afraid things would go wrong.

''And we need to take you to where you're safe, and where you need to be.'' with this, Hana smiled a bit, wiped away her tears and pushed her best friend inside, making sure to close the door so she could stay outside. She didn't want to be near Jinhwan any time soon - her cousin had brought way too many problems. Inside the house, Miyoung stood in front of Jinhwan who asked her if she was ready to leave but the female insisted on having him talking to his cousin - he didn't bother and simply kept thinking to himself about all the things he still needed to gather before they could take the said Lia to where she belonged.

 

Later on that day, after the sun was already up, the things were ready; Jinhwan had managed to make sure everything was ready and even get some sleep since he had to wait until the night so they could freely take their time without having anyone getting suspicious of them. ''Did you guys eat?'' he asked, noticing Hana had joined them on the living room. She didn't speak, much less even look at him. Her eyes were lost on the red carpet that was rolled by the couch, revealing the fact Jinhwan wasn't even trying to hide the small door that was under the table; she knew about this anyways, she always knew. Miyoung on the other hand stared at her best friend, concerned about last night's events. 

''You guys can't let this go on.'' Miyoung snapped out of nowhere, after noticing Jinhwan's eyes were on Hana, even if he kept saying there was nothing going on between them, even if he avoided her all he could think about was the gap that grew more and more as every second ticked by. ''We're leaving tonight, make sure to eat something, it's going to be a long ride and we can't bring food with us. It will atract a lot of unwanted attention.''' his words made Miyoung roll her eyes and Hana stand up quietly, making her way to the room as she mumbled out the words ''That's all you'll ever care about.''

 

 

''Lia, get ready.'' Hana called after a quiet dinner. Miyoung frowned at the way she was being called. For some reason those words that rolled down her best friend lips were pure pain to her. It was like she distanced herself when she shouldn't. Hana was nice enough to cook dinner for the three of them but the second Miyoung's eyes landed on her best friend's plate, she frowned - it was almost empty. There was a half spoon of rice, if it was that much. There were some vegetables that had been cut into small pieces, probably to make it seem like she was fair enough to divide the food nicely but she didn't. Miyoung's plate, on the other hand was full. Just when Miyoung was about to protest, Hana sat down and started poking the food, allowing her best friend to know there was a secret she kept.

''I won't be going with you.'' Hana suddenly announced; Jinhwan and Miyoung were quietly eating but both looked at the female who started speaking. Jinhwan even stopped chewing, his fork was hanging in between his index finger and his thumb - this could be the only chance she ever got to have his full attention ever since all of this started. Hana still didn't eat anything as she wasn't interested in the food, however, she kept her eyes there, unaware that two pairs of eyes were on her instead of only one. ''It's just not safe for you to be around me so once we get there, I'll be going my own way.'' the other female didn't really understand what all of that meant besides the fact she would be alone.

''Are you crazy? What can you possibly do alone on the city?'' Jinhwan suddenly sounded, concerned as he let his fork fall down on the plate, glaring at Hana who scoffed and lift her head, ready to argue with him. However, she stood up and decided to show him something instead. She pulled her shirt as she remained quiet. Hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she revealed the tattoo she had on her side, a few inches bellow her shoulder. There was an arrow, with long feathers drawn on one of the edges as the other edge had something like a tree, as the pointy part. Jinhwan was shocked with what he just discovered but Miyoung was left on the dark. ''If you come with me, they'll come after you and now that Jinhwan is sure you're Lia, you can't possibly be taken.'' she whispered to her bestfriend as she let her shirt slide back to the rightful place, covering the tattoo. She couldn't reveal the fact she was a priest. If she ever did, she'd be in huge trouble. Jinhwan felt sick at what he just leant. He shook his head slowly as if this was the last thing he wanted to happen and it was indeed. ''How could you? I let you into my ing house.'' he shouted, standing up after a while, maybe after taking everything in.

Hana turned around, looking at him as she cried ''What did you expect me to do?'' she shouted back, having the male scoffing at her before shouting back ''You're after my friends, my ing friends, I almost fell for your tricks. What are you after?'' the female was hurt by these words of course, just when she thought things couldn't get worst, they did. ''I'm letting you run away when I have you on the palm of my hand'' she whispered to him, sniffing quietly ''Don't act like you're doing the right thing, you're the worst.'' he slammed his hand on the table and quickly walked away. Miyoung was left there, speechless as she wasn't even sure of what was going on.

Her best friend noticed that. Hana smiled slightly and sniffed to calm herself down ''Jinhwan can protect you. Trust him. You have to get there quickly'' with this, she lowered her head as if in shame ''What about you?'' this question sounded so nice for having concern underlining it, coming from someone's lips, someone that worried about her. ''I will be fine'' she whispered, smiling slightly before walking away, leaving Miyoung staring at the way she left. She didn't exit the house. Jinhwan distracted her. He was pulling the bags he prepared to the living room, not bothering to keep quiet as he kept blaming everything on Hana; they were about to leave but Miyoung didn't feel hungry anymore.

 

A.N.: Finally I updated. OMG. Haha, I'm sorry for taking so long to write such a short chapter but anyways, I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to leave behind your feedback. I'd love to read it. I will be updating as soon as possible.