1/1

Oh, He is

 

 

Jihoon considers himself as a pretty lucky guy; he escaped his teacher’s scolding twice because he’s her favorite student in that class, always get the nicest spot on the bus by the window all for himself, occasionally gets extra food from the kind canteen lady, won a few lucky draws and all,

But he didn ‘t think he’d be this lucky.

The petite guy stared at his very own name in bold on his phone screen, eyes widening slightly, making sure that it’s his name and not anyone else’s. There could be another Lee Jihoon, but a very familiar series of phone number and address next to it says otherwise. It’s really him, winning a ticket to SHINee’s concert next week, and he doesn’t even need to pay for anything. All he has to do is to print the ticket, show them his ID card, and that’s it. Boy, was he really lucky.

“Hyuuung,” Seungkwan—his roommate—drawls in awe, apparently noticing his name under the collumn that says ‘VIP SEATINGS : LUCKY DRAW’ from above his shoulder. “How did you do that?!”

“How did i do what?”

“That! Winning that ticket! I put my name and my noona’s but we didn’t get chosen. I mean, i’m not a fan of them but still! You’re not, too, right?”

Jihoon shrugs his shoulders, grinning. “I’m not. I don’t know why, must be my lucky day. Do you want this ticket?”

Seungkwan visibly hesitates for a moment before shaking his head no, saying that Jihoon should get out sometimes and have fun, not just rotting here in his cave, making music. The kid is right, but he is offended by the word ‘rotting’ because hey, it’s enjoyable for him! So Jihoon just squints his eyes at the younger until he laughs sheepishly and slips out of Jihoon’s room. (How did he get in here in the first place, anyway?)

Once he averted his attention back to the device in his hand, Jihoon hums thoughtfully to himself, “Must be my lucky day indeed.”

Meanwhile on the other side of the town, there lies a very devastated Kwon Soonyoung, moping that life is unfair and how his world is crumbling into pieces. He wants that ticket so, so badly he’d literally do anything for that one free pass. Sure, he can buy them with his own money. But he’s just a mere college student with enough money just to buy himself meals, alright. He is saving, of course he is, but there is a free lucky draw for he VIP seats!

Soonyoung scrolls the webpage over and over again, scanning the list of names just in case he missed it the last few times.

Nope, he didn’t get the ticket.

“Seokmin, why am i living such a miserable life? Have i done something horrendous in my past life? Why? Why, Seokmin, Why?”

The said guy, Seokmin, cringes as Soonyoung drapes all over his side with an unpleasant frowny face to look at. He feels bad for his hyung, he knows how much Soonyoung wanted it. But what can he do? It’s a one-in-a-million chance. You have to be extra lucky if you want to—

“Hyung, why is my name on the list...?”

Soonyoung looks up, sniffling. “Huh? Oh, yeah, i put your name too. Also Myungho and Jun’s, but that’s not important! None of us win!” He wails, not noticing the situation.

Seokmin laughs, snatching the phone away from Soonyoung’s grip and hovers it in front of his face. “I win! It’s my name! Lee Seokmin!”

The latter’s eyes were widening in comical slow-motion as realization struck him. He then tackles his younger dear friend to the ground out of happiness, yelling incoherent noises alongside with the lines of “Please give it to me, or sell it, i’ll pay, i’ll pay for your lifetime meal, i mean dessert, whatever, i swear Seokmin”

Apparently Soonyoung was too busy looking for his own name, he didn’t realize that Seokmin’s name is written on the bottom of the list. If only Seokmin was as evil as his friend, Jeonghan hyung, (don’t be deceived by the looks) he would make Soonyoung really pay for his lifetime meal. But what a shame, i am too pure and kind for this world, He thought to himself.

“I’ll give it to you for free—“ Before his hyung can even launch himself into another tackle, Seokmin holds one finger up. “But!”

“What? What? I’ll do anything!”

“You owe me big time.”

 

So yeah, that’s that.

Jihoon lazily put his name out of boredom and got in, whilst Soonyoung has to fake his ID and pretend to be Lee Seokmin for a good one day.

 

****

 

Once Jihoon’s  is seated into the red velvet seat, he blinks awkwardly to his surroundings. Most of them are teenage girls with their blinking lightsticks and or banner. They looked like they were so ready for this very moment and is really buzzing with anticipation. Jihoon almost felt bad, because he knew how these fangirls must be struggling with the ticketing and all meanwhile everything was quick and easy for him. He shrugs, leaning back to his seat before a voice interrupts his thought.

“Excuse me! I’m Lee Seokmin! Excuse me, sorry, i’m Seokmin, my seat is just right there if you let me pass through, sorry, excuse me,”

It wasn’t a lie that he’s kind of surprised to see another male here. He saw some, when he was about to enter, but that’s it. There are no other male around here in the VIP seats except for him and this funny-looking guy.

The said guy meets eyes with him and none of them are breaking it. Jihoon didn’t mean to stare, but he did. This fanboy was hella cute. Jihoon didn’t even realize that the cute guy is sitting next to him until he wears a friendly eyesmile and waves at him.

“Hey! Glad to see another male here. I thought i’d feel left out.”

“H-huh? Oh, yeah, i know right...” God damn it, he didn’t just stutter.

Soonyoung juts his arm just enough for a handshake. “I’m Soon—I mean, I’m Seokmin! Yup! That’s my real name. No lies.” He grins, and all Jihoon could see was a very adorable smile and pair of cheeks.

“I’m Jihoon,” He manages to smile, taking the latter’s hand in his, giving a gente squeeze.

Soonyoung’s palms are sweaty. Is it okay to make friends here with the identity of his friend? Won’t he be caught later on? He’s not a really good liar, he can’t make up excuses! Though, this guy right here is kind of really his type. He hopes he wouldn’t do any kind of antics to scare him off.

Soonyoung’s eyes travels to take a quick scan at the guy beside him. He doesn’t have any lightsticks or even a banner, and he doesn’t look like he’d be a fan of such boygroups either. Unlike himself that grips a heavy official fandom lightstick and two banners, not to mention that he sneaked a pocket-sized digital camera just to take a few pictures of them.

“Who’s your bias?”

The smaller out of the two looks visible startled and Soonyoung wants to coo at the cuteness. “Uh? My what?”

“Bias, your favorite one in SHINee...?” He asks, unsure. How can one not know about what a bias is?

“Oh! I like, uhm, Jonghyun? Yeah, he has a nice voice.” Jihoon would like to thank Seungkwan for waking him up at least twice a week with Jonghyun’s latest single.

Soonyoung nods, seemingly satisfied with his answer. He then explains, without Jihoon asking it, that he can’t seem to choose one out of the five that he adores so much. It could be Key, but Soonyoung often swerves his line to Jonghyun, too. They are all precious, he said as Jihoon kind of just nods and hums along to him. If it was Seungkwan, he wouldn’t even bother to do that.

Soonyoung rambles off about how he was in the fandom ever since day one, and how Key has replied to his instragram comment and made him the happiest human being ever for about a month, and how Taemin remembers his name because he has never been absent on their fansigning. He said, too, that it was really hard to get this free ticket, his life was on the line. If Jihoon almost felt bad for other fangirls around here at how easy he got his ticket, he is now really really feeling bad about that. Soonyoung deserves it more than he does.

Suddenly, the lights went off one by one and cheers are heard from every tribune. Jihoon didn’t even realize that it has gotten so much crowded since. The MC’s booming voices greets them and everyone yells like crazy—including Soonyoung.

Jihoon frowns slightly. He has been into a few concerts before, but it was not as massive as this one. The boy next to him bounces in his seat. Like, literally bounces. Waving his lightstick aggressively as he recites the lyrics from the song played on the screen. (Was it Lucifer? Jihoon is not even sure.) Soon, though, the concert has started and he’s slowly enjoying it. His left eardrum might have been damaged a little because of his new acquaintance’s chants, but it was kind of worth it. (He looks really cute with his eyes sparkling in excitement.)

As the show was coming to an end, a thought crosses Jihoon’s mind that he won’t be able to cross paths with this cute fanboy ever again unless he make a move. But, Jihoon? Making a move? To a stranger? Nope. He doesn’t even usually talk to some of his classmates, much less a stranger on a public place.

But you’ll regret it, you dumb chestnut!

I know i will, but what if he already has a boyfriend, or worse, a girlfriend?

Just ask for his goddamn—

“Hey!” a soft tap on his arm interrupts his monologue in his head. He turns to face him just to meet a smiling Soonyoung holding a phone in his hand, lightstick stuck in between his thighs. “Can i have your Kakaotalk ID?”

Probably Soonyoung mistook Jihoon’s surprised visage as a displeased surprised one, so he quickly adds, voice unintentionally cracking in an embarrassing manner. “I mean— if you want to, of course! I don’t have any fanboy friend, my roommate is not in a fandom he likes everything, so—“

“Of course! I mean. Sure. Let me, uhm, type it for you.”

Soonyoung can’t help but to grin a little wider watching his new acquaintance shyly typing his ID on Soonyoung’s phone, cheeks painted in a pretty pink shade.

 

****

 

Ever since that day, both guys texts each other quite frequently. Soonyoung, which usually forgets where did he put his phone at least thrice a day, is now holding his phone to wherever he goes. Jihoon, which usually replies to a text at least two to three hours late, unless it’s college-level important. If it’s just one of his friends sending him a link of a funny vine, he’d just open it, exhale through his nose harshly with a slight smile if it’s funny, and closes the application without replying.

It’s a funny thing for both roommates to see. Soonyoung usually whines about how bored he is after he finishes binge-watching SHINee videos, or dancing videos, or cat-dancing videos. Now, he is all quiet by himself and his phone, occasionally grinning or chuckling to the device. Whilst Jihoon usually keeps his phone on his desk, not bothering to check it even if it buzzes or even if Seungkwan gets annoyed by the sounds and silents Jihoon’s phone by himself. Now, Seungkwan is not even allowed to touch it.

Though Soonyoung haven’t revealed his actual identity nor did Jihoon confess that he is not a fan of SHINee at all.

It goes a little something like this :

“Why do you have my name on your Kakaotalk profile?”

“...Reasons?”

“Hyung, there must be something going on between you and that Jihoon guy. Am i right or am i right?!”

“No! ‘Course not. Just. I grew fond of your name.”

And for Jihoon’s side :

“Hey, Seungkwan, tell me that one funny show that has Taemin cross-dressing in it?”

“...What?”

“...You know what, i’ll just Google it.”

“You like that fanboy, don’t you?!”

“I don’t! That’s for, uh, personal purposes!”

“...You do know that that sounds hella wrong, right?”

“...Yeah.”

 

Both roommates doesn’t really mind, though. Jihoon is in a good mood nowadays, which is nice, and Soonyoung is more calm and collected as he’s into his phone nowadays, which is rare.

Both guys are developing feelings to one another, that is for sure. They text each other everything and anything, and had passed that 3AM-deep-talks. Soonyoung learnt that Jihoon is actually a sensitive, introverted, beautiful person which makes him want to protect the latter at any cost. He wanted to know deeper about Jihoon. Jihoon confessed, that he hasn’t opened up to someone in such a long time and it would be a lie if Soonyoung said he is not happy by the idea of that.  

Once Seungkwan asked Jihoon when did he become a Shawol and of course, Jihoon wouldn’t know what it is. He explained that it means ‘SHINee’s World’, the fandom name, and Jihoon shook his head no.

“Well, you’re not a SHINee World but for sure that guy has slowly becoming your world.

A pillow was thrown to his face a second later.

 

***

 

They decided to meet.

 

Near the concert venue, Jihoon suggested, so it’s not really far from Soonyoung nor Jihoon himself. The latter agreed, and now Jihoon is waiting all by himself at a coffee shop. His tummy definitely doesn’t feel weird like something is swirling inside, nope.

It has been around three to four months since their last meeting, sure enough Soonyoung is nervous. They talked non-stop through their devices ever since, yes, but never have they video-called or even call. Soonyoung misses Jihoon’s soft voice as he is starting to forget how does it sounds like. (Pleasing, of course)

A few minutes and three sips of a cold beverage later, Soonyoung walks into the coffee shop with a sheepish smile and soft pants. He said he was kind of lost but not really, since he misread the street number and all. Jihoon still think he’s cute. When Jihoon calls him Seokmin, though, he frowns slightly and realizes that he should probably tell him the truth. Better than waiting for Jihoon to discover it by himself.

“So, hey, i have something to confess... But please don’t get mad at me.”

Jihoon blinks, shrugging with a “sure”.

“I’m...” He sighs, tightly shutting his eyes and squeezes his fists into a ball on his thighs before blurting, “I’m not Seokmin!”

Well, that was unexpected, he thought.

“Seokmin is my super generous roommate that let me fake an ID as him so i can get into that SHINee concert. He got the lucky draw and i didn’t and i really wanted that ticket so bad i had to plead him for it! I—I swear i was about to tell you the truth but i thought, uh—“

“Breathe, Seokmin—I mean, whoever you are..?” a small chuckle, which Soonyoung didn’t expect at all, escapes Jihoon’s mouth. “Then what’s your name?” he tilts his head to the side slightly. Sure it was surprising, to converse with a fake-Seokmin for months, but Jihoon knew he had no bad intentions behind it. (He felt guiltier knowing that Soonyoung had to do such thing to get that goddamned ticket, dang it.)

“Soonyoung,” he breathes out. “Let’s start this all over again, yeah?”

He juts his arm out for a handshake, with that same cheeky grin Jihoon adores. “My name is Kwon Soonyoung, a SHINee enthusiast, in the same age as you.”

“Lee Jihoon,” he giggles rather shyly. “Didn’t even know what a Shawol is until i met a certain fanboy.”

Soonyoung’s eyes widens, not letting go of Jihoon’s hand in his. “What?! So, you’re not even a fan of them in the beginning?”

“Not only you has a secret to confess about, Soonyoung.”

He pouts in a child-like manner, resting his and Jihoon’s intertwined (since when did they lace fingers?) fingers on the table. “You little liar. You’re lucky you’re cute and i like you.”

Jihoon chokes at that, cheeks visibly reddening.

“Was that a confession?”

“Maybe?”

There are so many things that Soonyoung wanted to ask Jihoon about. And the other way round, of course. But that’s totally fine,

 

For they have all the time in the world.

 

 

 

 

 

(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

 

hehe ; u ; 
thank you for reading and or commenting and or subscribing!!!