CHAPTER 2 - “Let’s head to the park.”

Midnight

            Winter soon came along, the pavements which used to be covered with orange leaves and twigs were now covered with a blanket of white snow. It was very quiet in the neighborhood, it seemed like everyone rather stay at home where the fireplace emits warmth.

            Baekhyun and Hana had build up a really strong friendship that no one could even break them apart. Their beautiful friendship was always envied by others. The girl’s tinkling laughter was always accompanied by the boy’s chuckles. Their gazes always said it all. It was starting to blossom into something much more.

            “Hurry up Baekhyun!” Hana shouted as she ran through the snow in her black boots. “Slow down.” The boy huffed as he sped up to catch up with the girl who was now miles away. “The hot chocolate won’t wait for you so hurry up!” Hana said as she entered a small cozy café. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stopped to catch his breath before entering the café too.

            He dusted his boots before shaking his head as he saw the small trail of snow in front of him. Hana had once again forgotten to dust her boots before entering the café.

            “Two cups of hot chocolate please.” Hana beamed at the waiter behind the register. The waiter chuckled before keying in her order. She handed him her credit card as he swiped it, completing her purchase. He handed her card back before throwing a wink as his lips curved into a smirk.

            “Thanks.” Hana smiled before skipping to collect her order. Baekhyun frowned. Why was it that she was always so oblivious to everything? The waiter was obviously flirting with her. He slowly walked behind her just in time as the same waiter passed her the two warm cups of hot chocolate.

            The waiter slipped a small piece of paper to Hana. But before she could take it, Baekhyun had already crumpled the piece of paper and threw it back to the waiter. “Let’s go, girlfriend.” He said before glaring at the waiter and wrapping his arm around Hana’s waist, leading her to a small table in the corner of the café.

            Hana sat on the sofa before taking a sip of her hot chocolate. “So I’m your girlfriend now, huh?” She teasingly said as Baekhyun blushed a deep crimson red. “Shut up.” He grumbled but soon smiled when the girl in front of him started to laugh. He would never grow tired of hearing her laugh.

            “Oh look! It’s snowing! It’s so beautiful.” Hana said as she stared out of the window, eye twinkling as the snow fell. “Yeah, it definitely is.” Baekhyun whispered back. What she didn’t realize that the boy wasn’t looking at the snow falling outside. He was looking at her as a small smile played on his lips.

           

            It seemed like eternity as both of them engaged in a talk. They could go on and on for hours and they wouldn’t even care. They had each other and that was more than enough. Anyone could see through the affectionate looks they gave to each other, they were starting to fall in love.

            Winter was soon coming to an end; the pavements were now cleared from the thick blankets of snow. The Cherry Blossom trees were now filled with flower buds, waiting for the warm spring to arrive.

            “Let’s head to the park.” Baekhyun said as he led the cheerful girl out from her house. “Okay!” The girl excitingly replied as she put on a light jacket and some sneakers and headed out.

            Hana kept talking about her trip to the skiing resort with her family yesterday. She felt that something was bit off as she started to slow down. Baekhyun was being really quiet today. “Are you okay?” Hana frowned as she asked the boy. Baekhyun gave her a small smile before nodding. She didn’t really believe him when he said it was fine but before she could ask what was bothering him, something else had caught her eye.

            In the middle of the park, there was a picnic mat and a picnic basket laid out. “Picnic in the cold? Really?” She laughed as she skipped towards the mat and took a seat.

            She opened the basket and grabbed a sandwich which Baekhyun had prepared. She was about to take a bite before someone coughed to grab her attention. She looked to the side and cocked her head to the side, wondering just what the boy was up to now.

            “Here.” Baekhyun said as he passed her a bouquet of light pink baby breath flowers. Her favorite. Hana beamed before taking the bouquet from him, “Thank you!” Baekhyun laughed and nodded his head, “You’re welcome.”

            They started to enjoy their sandwiches while talking about just everything. “I don’t want to go to school.” Hana whined when she remembered that it was a schooling day tomorrow. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before poking her forehead, “You lazy bum.” Hana groaned as she punched him in the arm as revenge.

            Baekhyun smiled evilly and before Hana could run away, he started tickling her causing the girl to laugh till tears formed. “Stop! Hahahahah! Stoppppp!” Hana whined while laughing. Baekhyun chuckled. If only anyone knew how beautiful she was right now. He didn’t realize he had stopped tickling her till Hana snapped her fingers in front of him, waking him up from his daze.

            “Get off me you heavy buffalo.” Hana whined as Baekhyun had half his weight on her as she was now lying down on the mat. Baekhyun chuckled before pulling her back up to a sitting position and getting off her.

            Hana sighed in relief but her eyes widened when Baekhyun suddenly grabbed her hand. He interlaced his fingers before looking up at her. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before looking at her again. Their eyes meeting.

            “I like you.”

            Hana nearly choked when she heard that. Her hands were starting to get clammy. Butterflies were fluttering in her stomach which made her really nervous.

            “I really do. I’ve liked you for a long time now. I guess it was love at first sight. That punch you gave to those bullies stole my heart.” Baekhyun chuckled as Hana blushed even harder. Baekhyun let go of her hand and she had to admit that she was already missing the warmth his hands gave to her.

            Baekhyun stood up as he held a hand out to her, “Well, I guess it’s my turn now. Will you be my girlfriend, Hana?”

            It seemed like the whole world stopped when Hana reached out and grabbed Baekhyun’s outstretched hand. She was smiling as her cheeks still had a tint of rosy red.

            “Okay.” Hana beamed.

            That was when a cherry blossom started to bloom. Cinderella finally found her prince and their story was just beginning.