Eighteen

Trials and Tribulations

Mark hadn't been feeling well for the past few months and he had to stop promotions for his new mini album. He'd been laying on the couch with constant watch from Jackson and Taehyung.  He let Taehyung come over more often, now that he was Mark's new manager. Mark needed Jackson to focus more on them than his manager job. Going back to Bath 'N Things was going to help out a lot when the baby was born. "Ka Ye, can I have a peanut butter and ham sandwhich." Jackson made a face from the kitchen. 

"His cravings have gotten weirder, huh?" Taehyung asked, looking over at the spread of food Jackson was making. He nodded, pushing a plate into the sink.

"They're over the top, but he never eats it all. I don't know why I even bother making a whole meal." Jackson sighed, cutting the sandwhich he made in half. "We only have three months left. We'll work it around it until then." 

"Tae! Jinyoung is calling. Answer it!" The younger groaned. Jackson snorted. He remembered those days of having to work with Mark. Of course it would be different now, with Mark's ever raging hormones. Jackson watched Taehyung walk into the living room to answer the call from Jinyoung. Jackson had finished making Mark food. He carried the plate to the living room. 

"Here Yi-En. You're peanut butter, ham sandwhich." Jackson thought the idea sounded repulsive, but he wasn't going to say it out loud. 

"Thank you Ka Ye. I'm sorry I can't help you out." Jackson shook his head. He didn't want Mark to work any harder than he already was.

"No, you need to rest. Take care of yourself and Na Young." Mark smiled. He liked hearing Jackson saying the name of the baby. It was even his idea to use the name Mark had picked last. At first it hurt hearing the name again, but it grew when he realized that his beautiful girl would get a second chance. Taehyung was even for it. Jackson kissed Mark's forehead. "I have to get to work. If you need anything don't hesitate to call, alright." Mark nodded, taking a bite of his sandwhich. He wouldn't try to call unless it was absolutely necessary. He didn't like bother Jackson at work. "I'll see you later. I love you Yi-En."

"I love you too, Ka Ye."

-

Jackson hadn't even been at work for ten minutes before he got a call. Taehyung was on the other line of the unknown call. "Can I help you?" Jackson answered. He didn't know why the younger would be calling him. He didn't have any reason too. 

"Mark's in labor."

"What?" Jackson didn't expect that too happen. Mark wasn't due for another three months. There wasn't anything that could start the labor prematurely at home.

"After you left, he didn't want to keep laying around. I told him that he needed to rest. But you know how Mark is. He even started cleaning up some stuff. He moved around a lot I guess and next thing I know he's calling out for you in a heap on the floor. I took him to the hospital as fast as I could. But you should get here, Mark is screaming for you." Jackson didn't need to be told twice. He didn't bother clocking out or taking off his uniform. He needed to be with his boyfriend. That was the only thing on his mind.

-

"It's okay, I'm here. You'll be alright." Jackson held onto Mark's hand and whispered encouraging words to him. He was sure the older couldn't hear over the screams, but he wasn't going to stop. Mark was in so much pain and Jackson hated seeing that. There was nothing he could do. And that alone hurt him. "It's almost over. Everything will be over soon."

-

Mark had passed out after everything was done. The doctors asked if he had wanted to hold his baby. He answered no. He had wanted Mark to have the honor. He deserved it after all. Na Young was three months premature, she was five pounds exactly, with small hands, feet, everything. Jackson had never seen a baby as small as Namjoon Young before. In all honesty it scared him. She looked so fragile and breakable.

Mark didn't wake for another hour after that. He had been through so much, Jackson didn't expect for him to be awake for another few hours. "Morning sleeping beauty." Mark looked up at Jackson through half lidded eyes.

"Is she okay, Ka Ye?" Jackson smiled. He knew Mark would be worried about Na Young before anything else. Jackson nodded. 

"She's perfectly healthy. She's a little smaller than most, but healthy and beautiful."

"Did you hold her?" Jackson shook his head.

"I wanted you to be the first." Mark smiled slightly. Jackson didn't have to do that. He knew what the younger was trying to do. He wanted Mark to have some closure for his miscarriage. 

"Can I have my baby?" Jackson nodded, pressing a button to call the nurse. It was finally time to move on from everything. The past and present didn't mean anything now. They had the future to look forward too. And that's everything Jackson could ask for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong Haseyo! Guys, this is the official ending of Trials and Tribulations. But I do have an epilouge in store for you. So look at out for that. But, what did you guys think of this story? I hope you guys liked it. Anyway, kamsahaminda! Annyeong!