One: Begin

Wolves At Reservation (W.A.R)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One:

I always wondered how can you live the rest of your life with just one person? I mean how do you know he is the one for you? How are you sure that he is not going to cheat on you or get bored of you?  

I still don’t have my answer. Even after 19 years I don’t have my answer, I kind of think it is stupid in a way. I mean why should I pass the rest of my life with just one person?

I don’t know

Thinking about it, I never got how my parents put up with each other all the time. Don’t get me wrong they are a really sweet couple but they have been married for 30 years now, aren’t they bored of each other? Especially when we recycle the same routine every year, we always traveled from one place to another and never had any permanent place or friends, which by the way is really frustrating. Why? Some may say that I'm lucky for being able to see so many places and meet all those people, but if you had to ask me, then no, it's not that great and I'm not that lucky. Because, I always transferred in the middle of the school year, I never made friends with anyone, once I got used to my surroundings I had to pack again, say my farewells and dissappear. The first couple of years I was heartbroken of moving from one place to another because at first I made friends later I just didn’t even care to keep the teachers name written somewhere down because I knew that after the first semester I would be gone before I even know it.

There were rare times of course of us staying in one place, for more than just a few months maybe a year, but that was rare I tell you. And even then I didn’t dare to make friends, because I also should tell you that I was considered a loner, well not exactly the loner you see in the movies with the big glasses and a book shoved in her face and likes to isolate herself just to read the damn book in peace. No, I called myself a loner because I never made an effort to call anyone to hang out with me outside of school; yeah I was hanging out with the kids in the class and talked with most of them, but not out of school because my parents wouldn’t let me. They weren’t strict, they were let’s say not fond of the idea of me having friends and be around people all the time, I don’t know why though, one more question that I don’t have the answer to, they also made me wear different eye color contacts and my hood over my head, never putting it down except when I am at home. I do that even today, even now that I live on my own. But what can I say old habits die old.

My life is full of mysteries.

You know even thought I am Asian yeah I am Korean I don’t have the typical black straight hair color with dark brown eyes, even to that I had to defer my hair color is…a bit bizarre, can I reveal to you my haircolor? Can I trust you?

Well then my hair color is...

“In 30 meters make a left turn. In 30 meters make a left turn.”

The annoying voice of the GPS snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Shut up I heard you the first time.” I said to it, like it could hear me.

Why did I even think about my life?

Well maybe because this is the first time that I stayed for almost a year to a place far away from my parents and that crazy routine we had put upon ourselves. I am a freshman in university and I decided to leave my parents because I couldn’t bear to change universities semester after semester, that would be brutal for a biology major student not to mention that by changing universities it means that I would have to take each class again and again and then I would always stay a freshman and there would be no graduation for me.

It was heartbreaking for both my parents and me but I just couldn’t live the rest of my life like that. I couldn’t travel from one place to another and take photos together with my parents and still continue to believe in all that they feed me like “we are travelling because we want to capture the beauty at its best moments.” As if…

If I didn’t know better I would say that we are hiding from someone but no that exists only in the fairy tales my mom used to read to me when I was little child to put me to sleep.

“You arrived at your destination.” The GPS snapped me for one more time out of my thoughts.

I sighed. I should stop thinking about the past

I parked my car in the parking space and turned off the devise.

I can’t understand why would someone ask us to come in a nice Saturday morning out of the small town just to take some samples and then do research in the lamb for the class on Tuesday.

Stupid I tell you.

I checked the mirror to see if my brown eyes color contacts were in place I put my hood over my hair that were also hidden inside my blouse, grabbed my bag and slipped out of the car.

I was really conscious of my hair color and eyes because I disobeyed my parents once, many bad things happened that I don’t want to remember that is also one of the reasons why I left my parents and came in this small city just outside of Seoul to live all by myself. I want to forget about that stupid mistake and live like a normal person.

I sighed.

Ok Sojin don’t think about that.

I saw a bunch of students gathered in a tree. I didn’t bother to greet anyone and just sat in a faraway place from anyone waiting from my professor while playing with my phone.

Soon he came with papers and some kind of tubes in his hands.

“Hello everyone.” He greeted with his booming voice. “I am going to hand you these.” He showed the tubes. “And I want you to go to the lake over there.” He showed the lake that was behind me. “Put the colored part of the paper on the water for 2 seconds and then put it in the tube and bring it to my class on Tuesday.” He said while handing them out. When he came to me I just prayed that he wouldn’t touch me.

“Here you…” His hand accidentally brushed my fingers and he took a sharp breath. .

I am sorry

I quickly retreaded my hand.

He seemed surprised but masked it quickly. “Here you go.” He said and left quickly. I hanged my head low and walk toward the lake to take the stupid sample and then leave to return to my peaceful house and away from all humans.

30 minutes later I was in the car because that stupid thing wouldn’t turn blue as the professor wanted and I was ready to just relax for the rest of the weekend.

-----------------------------------

Monday came quickly and I just wanted the week to end fast. I wanted to be away from all these people and just be by myself, in order to not harm anyone anymore…

I pushed the glass door of my university forward and I was greeted with the corridors of the biology department. No soul around.

Perfect

I walked toward the class were the lecture for my first class took place. It was really quiet. No people in the corridors, I guess I came earlier than I was supposed.

I walked through the class thankfully there were not more than 3 students in there so I took a sit in the middle no people around and I just put my pen and notebook outside and got ready for the lecture.

I also took out my phone and started busying myself with it. In no time the class filled with cheerful voices and people. I just didn’t pay attention because a) I didn’t care; b) it was not like I was included in their plans.

I stayed in place until the professor came in and the lesson started. Professor Lee was teaching us Zoology, he was really boring and sometimes the things he does with his hands it’s really irritating. Sometimes I just want to grab it and stop it from taping all the surfaces it touches all the time but I can’t because if I do it then…

The door was harshly opened and a petite girl was waiting from the other side with… wait was that pink hair?

“Is this professor’s Lee Zoology class?” She asked happily, more like excited.

Don’t be, you’ll find how boring this man is in no time. Don’t let his small size fool you.

“Yes it is, now will you come in or walk away?” He asked with an annoyed tone.

She hummed satisfied for finding the place I guess and walked in, closing the door in the process. She seemed a bit frozen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter