Everything’s just so so

Being alone is just so so
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KIM DAHYUN!" 

Honestly, this isn't even my fault, it was Chaeyoung's for keeping me on the phone up all the night. What was I supposed to do? My best friend has the biggest crush on a mutual friend and she's desperate, I'm just trying to help. Anyway, now because of her I'm late for school. There were steps coming closer to my room then my brother opened the door harshly eating a bowl of cereal.

"Can you, at least, hurry up and get dressed? I have to take you to school and now you're going to make us late for university." The floor of my room was becoming a bigger mess as Heechul spilled his breakfast. People said we were similar but, apart from our fair white skin and black hair, I couldn't see it.

"Us?" I asked getting out of bed and putting my uniform on.

"Yes, us. Me and Taeyeon, well, and her sister who also overslept. Lucky you, your amazing older siblings are here." Oh no. Taeyeon goes to the same university as my brother and he thinks he has a chance with her which is actually hilarious since Yeri, Taeyeon's little sister and my classmate, told me she already has a girlfriend called Tiffany. "I'm going to get the car and wait for you in front of the house. If you are not there in 5 minutes, I'm leaving without you."

Yeah, right. He couldn't leave me here even if he wanted since I didn't have anyone else to take me to school. Our parents were in one of their multiple business trips which were the reason they weren't home most of the time. It's not that I'm not grateful because if it wasn't for their hard work we wouldn't have such a nice house and live without worrying about money, but at the same time I wouldn't mind living in smaller place if they were there with us.

I picked up my school bag and finish what Heechul left of his breakfast. The door closed with a loud thump that wasn't enough for Heechul to notice I was already in front of the car and getting in the passanger sit.

"Finally, you are here... Wait, what do you think you are doing? That's Tae's seat, go to the back now." Why is my brother so ridiculous? I rolled my eyes at him and got on the backseat without saying anything.

In the radio a really soothing and kind of depressing at the same time song started playing, I recognised it instantely and started humming it quietly looking at the window. "Being alone is so so / My heart’s not fluttering but I don’t feel bad (so so) / I’m losing my senses, I’m forgetting how to love."

"Oh my god. This song is so depressing and boring." And without even asking, he changed the station for a more upbeat one. 

"Hey! I liked that song." 

"No wonder why you are so boring and  unable to get a boyfriend." He laughed bitterly at my inistent love life.

"Like you are one to talk" I backfired at him when he laughed hurting my feelings. Heechul is not only weird but an , but what can one do about it when this person is your brother?

"Excuse you? Just so you know, your brother is a heartbreaker that can get all the ladies. It's just that now I'm working my way into this special girl's heart." We were in front of Taeyeon and Yeri's house waiting for them to come out. Heechul was constantly checking his reflection in the mirror and it's so embarassing to watch him make a fool out of himself.

"You're right. I'm sure you'll get this girl in no time." The devil inside of me came out to encourage him in this non sense. He turned in his seat and looked at me with a big smile in his face.

"Thank you, sis. And, by the way, you're not that boring. I'm sure you'll find someone in no time." Great, now I feel guilty for leading him on. "They are coming!"

Before I could say anything, Heechul got out of the car just to open Taeyeon's door for her. The older girl blushed and thanked him rushly, following her sister, Yeri got in the car on the seat next to me. She had a devilish smile on her face as she looked at me.

"Why didn't you open the door for me, Dahyun unnie? You don't like me anymore?" She said this really loud in a teasing tone just to piss off her sister and I couldn't help but laugh at her antics when Taeyeon turned to her and hit her leg. "Aw! What's that for?"

"You know exactly why, little witch. Now, shut up." When my brother got in the car all he could see was Yeri and I giggling on the backseat and Taeyeon blushing which he took as a good sign. 

"So, ladies, what were you talking about?" At this question, Yeri laughed really hard and Taeyeon gave her a death glare.

"Nothing, Heechul. Yeri's just a little nervous about a test. Just drive, please."

Again, for Heechul, this sign was good since it meant that Yeri sister because she must "like" him. He looked at me through the mirror and his eyes were saying I told you which gave me no option but give him a thumbs up and show him my support. In 10 minutes, we were in front of the school and getting kicked out of the car.

"Yeri, find someone to go back with and when you get home we are going to have a little talk!" Taeyeon screamed at her sister as the car disappeared on the horizon. 

"I know now why those unnies you hang out with call you Satan." 

"Oh, please. I'm not as bad as Sootan, Joy unnie is the real devil in our group. They say that ever since I embarassed Seulgi unnie in front of her crush, the class president." For a pretty innocent young looking girl, Yeri really is something else. Thank God, I'm friends with her, actually, I don't know if that's a good thing. "Well, I'm late for my math test. See you later in English!"

The spawn of Satan run down the hallway without a worry in the world which left me wondering what class I had on the first period before English. I realised it was P.E. and of course I didn't have the clothes to change. Since there were only 15 minutes left of class I choose to hang out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter