chapter 9

Coach

9 years later:

 

"Appa…where is Minseo Unnie?"

Taemin sighed, he already answered that question at least seven times at the passing hour "at the competition" he said trying to stay calm.

"And where is Minho Appa?"

"With Minseo" he said and placed his daughter in her chair at the car "Jisoo come on, leave the ball and get into the car, we're gonna be late!"  

The 6 years old boy threw the ball angrily and got into the car, guess things meant to be complicated with the kids today.  

"If you'll keep acting like that, I'm gonna leave you here!" Taemin warned and fastened the seatbelt on both of his children before he took his own seat behind the wheel.

"I want to take it with me!" Jisoo screamed "why Nana can take her doll and I can't take my ball?"

"Because it's too big, and besides, we're going to see Minseo, not play" Taemin said as he woke the engine to life and slowly drove his way out of the parking.

Another scream burst out of the little boy and he tried to pull his seatbelt away, truly sometimes Taemin felt helpless against him, he had a stormy temper, unlike his father.   

"Appa… he's hurting my ears!" Nana complained.

"Ok, listen you two, if you won't keep it quiet until we'll arrive the stadium you won't come to eat ice cream with me and Minho Appa"   

Ice cream always been the magic word, both Jisoo and Nana shut.

When they arrived Taemin called his husband to let him know they here, they said they'll meet at the entrance before they hung up.  Taking the children out of the car he held their hands as they walked into the stadium, the place was huge and a lot of people came to see the competitions, something squeezed in his stomach as he thought about Minseo's participate, he felt proud. For years he trained her and now she finally took a place in the competition that could lead her to the Olympic Games.

"Taemin!" Minho called and waved for his attention among the huge crowd as he made his way toward him, his young husband welcomed him with a brief kiss on his lips and a tired look, his children however jumped on him with hugs "they exhausted you?" he asked as he pulled Nana to his arms, he knew their children where little angels- to say the least.

Taemin hummed and smiled.

"Jisoo…" Minho said in a warning tone though he had no idea what happened this time, usually it was Jisoo who made troubles.

"Taemin Appa started!" the boy called immediately making Taemin roll his eyes "he said I can't take my ball"

"And he's right, it's not a place for a ball"

Nana giggled and gave her brother a cocky look that vanished immediately when she met Minho's eyes, she was a little rude for 4 years old.

"We'll talk about it later, it's almost Minseo's turn"

Taemin held his husband's hand on his right and Jisoo's hand on his left as they looked for their seats "they're always listening to you" he mumbled underneath his breath, though he planned on Minho to hear it.

Minho smiled and leaned to kiss his husband's forehead, it was true, even if he hadn’t planned it to be that way he always been the serious one when it came to raised their children, not that Taemin wasn’t devoted, he just spoiled them too much so they always felt comfortable to make him troubles, they knew that no matter what he'll be forgivable.

Minho couldn’t blame him for that, though he wished Taemin could be strong enough in front of the children for his own good, they knew his weaknesses too well.

6 years ago Taemin experienced fatherhood for the first time, even though Jisoo was Minho's child he never felt like he wasn’t a parent for him, thy were both his parents and that made something change in him, he became softer and warmer but he used to worry most of the time, even though he raised Minseo after he and Minho got married it was completely different.

Minho however was perfect with the baby, he taught him how to be a father, along with Minseo who loved her new job as Nonna, she helped them a lot with her new brother.

Looking for their places in the crowd Minho spotted Amber and Henry, they waved at them pointing at the places they saved for them.

"Here is Amber…" Minho said and gave Nana to Taemin so he could lift Jisoo, they made their way to their seats much faster like that.

"Amber Unnie, Henry Oppa!" Nana called excitedly and threw herself at the couple when they reached them, Jisoo played harder to get but hugged them as well.

They all welcomed each other, Nana stayed on Amber's lap enjoying the attention while Jisoo whined to Henry about his abandoned ball.

"Amber Unnie…you eat too much!" Nana giggled as she tapped her small hands on her belly, Amber glanced at Henry and they shared a moment before she turned to the girl and placed her finger on "shhh…" she hushed like it was a secret though everybody already knew about her pregnancy, well, just the grownups.  

The girl nodded though she had no idea why and smiled gleefully.

"She looks exactly like you when she's smiling" Amber remarked and drew Taemin's attention, he looked at her proudly and her hair fondly before he squeezed her cheeks in between his fingers and pulled her for a loudly kiss.

Nana had that charm that all the youngest children in the family has, she was born 2 years after Jisoo, he hadn’t thought they'll have another child, they already had two children but one night when it was already late and Taemin crawled into bed by Minho side, his husband hugged him tightly and whispered into his ear 'let's have another child', his sleepiness disappeared immediately and he looked at his husband's eyes, though it was dark he saw only seriousness in it.

Nana's birth amazed him, he had no idea how much love he could feel for another child, his child. For nights he sat in her room and eyed each and every wrinkle on her face, can't believe this delicate creature belongs to him.

Too busy kissing his child Taemin almost missed Minseo, lucky Minho tapped his shoulder excitedly and drew his attention "Minseo! It's Minseo!"

All focused on the slim girl who crossed her way to the pool, when she raised her gaze at the crowd a smile crossed her lips, her family was there, applauding hard, their faces proud. She waved sheepishly at them before she took her place next the rest of the competitors.

Minho pulled his phone from his pocket and tapped the camera icon, Taemin snuggled against his husband's arm and hugged tightly "my heart is racing" he mumbled to his ear "I'm so proud of her"  

Minho glanced at him smiling before he tapped a kiss on his lips "me too, and she's here only because of you"

"Appa! Here is Minseo Nonna!" Jisoo called excitedly drawing Nana's attention, Amber and Henry already focused on the girl.

Nana jumped from Amber's lap and clapped her hand hysterically can't contain her enthusiasm, Taemin laughed and took her to sit on his lap trying to calm her "shhh…Unnie need to concentrate"

She did her best but still was a little bouncy.

Minseo stretched and waited for the sign, when it heard she jumped into the water gracefully and swam fast, the crowd cheered and they all looked anxiously to see who the faster swimmer is.

It looked like an eternity of splashing water, everything went on a slow motion when suddenly Minseo gushed out of the water.

Roar of excitement rumbled through Minho's throat when he jumped from his seat, Taemin was right after him, both of their children looked confused when Amber and Henry reacted the same, when they saw Minseo getting out of the pool they realized she won.

Minseo panted and waved at her family with a huge smile, tears of joy escaped from her eyes when the other competitors reached her and hugged her tightly, surrounded her with love.

Minho and Taemin left their kids with Amber and Henry as they ran to meet Minseo, the 17 years old girl jumped at them with hugs at the moment they reached her and started to sob with relief, she worked hard to get to where she was and it was all because of them.

Minho held his girl tightly as she cried, Taemin wipped her tears away, she kissed them both and tried to smile as they told her how proud they are.

"You were amazing!" Taemin said when she calmed.

"Thanks coach"

Taemin smiled, when it came to swimming Minseo used to call him coach out of respect, he loved it, he also loved it when she called him just Oppa, she never called him Appa though she loved him like one, he raised her for years and they had that amazing relationship that got stronger with time but he wasn’t her father, she had Minho…and Changmin, she wished it to stay like that.

"The best" Minho added making her smile sheepishly, he pulled his phone from his pocket and tapped the camera icon, both she and Taemin looked up as he took a picture of them- a memory of big day, the day she got the chance to get into the Olympic Games.  

After another hug and a kiss, she turned to the crowd and waved at the rest of the family, they were all excited.

"Go, we'll meet you outside" Minho said and kissed her one last time before they left her and joined Amber, Henry and the kids that already left their seats and headed outside.

They waited for 30 minutes before Minseo joined them outside the stadium, she received lots of love and hugs from everyone as they made their way to the nearest coffee shop, especially from Nana who was a huge fan of her Unnie.    

At the coffee shop, the youngest received their ice cream as promised while the oldest got some coffee and desserts.

"Appa…" Minseo said quietly to Minho's ears only when everybody where deep in conversation, he leaned at her, close to and gave her his attention "can we go to Appa Changmin later today?"

Minho looked at his girl with a smile and nodded, if only Changmin could see her now, she was a young beautiful woman "of course"

She hugged his arm tightly and leaned her head on his shoulder "thanks, I need to tell him I won"


 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Minho walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, his husband waited for him in bed and…asleep. Smiling he removed the towel and got into bed by his side, Taemin must have fell asleep while waiting for him, it's been a long day.

After they came back from the coffee shop he and Minseo drove to visit Changmin's grave, Taemin stayed with Jisoo and Nana at home and he had no doubts that the kids drove him crazy until they finally agreed to go to bed.

Now, as the kids were sleeping and Minseo went out with friends to celebrate, Minho thought about a romantic night with his husband, apparently that wasn’t  going to happen, instead he rested his head on his chest and snuggled by his side.

Taemin opened his eyes slowly and a tired smile crossed his lips "sorry" he mumbled, apologizing for falling asleep.

Minho angled his head and pressed their lips together with a delicate kiss, his tongue found its way into his mouth and him gently, tasted his sweetness.

Separating, Taemin hugged him tightly to his body "I love you old man" he mumbled drifting into sleep again.

Minho closed his eyes as well, they could have a romantic night tomorrow.