"You should be more careful you know."

I think we've met before

"Yeah, I'll call him tomorrow." she said.

-"No right now, not tomorrow!" Seulgi said.

"I've got an important dinner with my parents tonight, so I'll call him tomorrow," she said.

-"It takes like what -five minutes to call him"? I know you'll forget if you don't do it right now," Seulgi said.

"Look, I'm busy so I'll call him when I've got time," she said, and hung up before Seulgi could say anything back. Seulgi always tried to stick her nose in her business and today she just wasn't having it. , what was it that she needed to buy again? Oh right, a copy of David Eggers' The Circle. She hated -no scratch that- despised the book, but she knew that her cousin had wanted to get her hands on a copy for a long time.

"Hello Madame, are you looking for anything specific?" a male employee asked her.

"Well yes, I'm looking for a copy of The circle," she said.

"Oh I see. Well if you would like to follow me. Those copies are right over there," he said while motioning her to follow him.

The man had dark brown hair and wore a pair of round glasses. They weren't the geeky ones you see in the movies, but looked modern and fashionable. As she was following him, he turned around a few times to check if she was still there, which gave her a chance to notice he had beautiful piercing blue eyes. She had to admit that he was very good-looking. He a very masculine face, with a strong jaw and high cheekbones. He wasn't really her type, but she was very aware of his handsome features.

"Would you like a hardcover or a paperback?" he asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Err, a hardcover please," she said, slightly flustered.

"This version came in just a few days ago. It's a special edition to celebrate David Eggers' birthday," he explained, grabbing the book on the top shelf.

He continued: "David actually came to the store a few days ago to hold a book signing. It's very unfortunate, you just missed him."

"Oh, I'm not really a fan of his. I'm actually only buying this for my cousin as a birthday gift," she said.

She thanked him for his help and decided to look around for a little bit longer.

She found herself wandering through the store and getting lost in her thoughts. She accidentally bumped into a table and her book fell to the ground, only to be picked up by a pair of unfamiliar hands. She quickly regained her composure and was met with a pair of dark, deer-like eyes. They belonged to a tall, brown-haired boy with broad shoulders. He was beyond gorgeous and she felt herself getting hot from embarrassment. He didn't really say anything as returned the book and walked away, immersed in something on his phone. She tried not to think too much of it but couldn't help finding the situation slightly odd. "Whatever." she muttered to herself.  As she made her way to the register, she was able to see that there wasn't a really long line of people in front of her. In New York, stores were usually packed and you'd have to wait in line for at least ten to fifteen minutes to pay. This always kept her from going out shopping and made her order things online as much as she possibly could. Going out to buy clothes -or just about anything- was a real pain in the .

 It was almost her turn as there was only one more lady in front of her. She took a step backwards to give the woman some room and in the process of doing so, she felt herself bumping into something- or rather someone. She turned around to apologise but stopped herself when she noticed that is was the same guy that had picked up her book a few moments ago.  He looked beyond annoyed and just as she was about to say something he interrupted her saying: "You should be more careful you know." She definitely hadn't expected him to give such a response and continued to look at him sheepishly.  "You're up next, so maybe you should turn around and stop staring at me," he said. She was beyond embarrassed, and turned around as quickly as she could to pay for her book. She didn't even bother getting it wrapped, as he wanted to leave the store as soon as possible. "What an ," she muttered to herself. It's not as though she bumped into him on purpose. Besides, he could've seen that the woman in front of her needed some space. Sometimes she would get all worked-up about this kind of stuff. She knew it was stupid but she just couldn't help it. She would never see him again, so why bother with him anyway, she thought to herself.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, this is the very first chapter of my story. I was really apprehensive about posting this, so I hope you enjoy reading it. It's an original story but inspired by other fanfictions I've read in the past. I'll soon be posting photo's of the characters and I'll be giving you a brief description of them.

xo