Black Diamond cabin

Frostbite

"Were Jisoo and Minghao serious when they said they were going to the Extreme slopes?"

"They got qualified two days ago, so I think they'll be fine."

Jeonghan sighed, spooning carrot baby food into their toddler son's mouth. Seungcheol yelled at their other children to get off the bear wood-carving placed in the center of the resting area.

The couple was still wondering why they had adopted so many children. Their first sons, Mingyu and Jihoon, were about two years old when were adopted. About three years later, they decided to go from God father's status to full time daddies for their dead friend's son, Minghao. They then took in a newborn, Chan, whom they had found beneath a bench in a park.

And then there was Jisoo. Jeonghan and Seungcheol were assigned the Korean-American boy when they accepted the government's request to become foster parents. The little nine year old was too sweet for the couple to let go, so they sent in the adoption papers. Even though Jisoo was their oldest, he was definitely their last.

"Mingyu no fair! You can't call no tag-backs, that's cheating."

"Yes I can, those are the rules!"

"Not in tag!"

Seungcheol sighed and smiled as Mingyu ran behind his father's chair, trying to dodge a little Jihoon. The two had been inseparable since they had arrived at the hands of the parents. Even though Mingyu was quite tall for an eight year old, his soft and playful personality left tiny Jihoon to be a formidable child. Their exteriors didn't match their interiors, and they were exact opposites to each other. Put them together, you'd supposed that they'd balance each other out and become a wonderful pair; oh how much did Jeonghan wish that were the case.

Jihoon dove beneath the dining table, making sure to bump and shake the supporting legs as he continued the pursuit of his brother. The childish rough-housing made Seungcheol laugh a little as he tried to stop the two boys. Jeonghan simply sighed, trying to pat baby Chan to sleep in the midst of his elder brother's and father's squabble.

"It's only gonna be a matter of time before they grow to be teenagers. Oh gods, I hope they don't end up like those two daredevils."


"C'mon Jisoo! If we get down the slope in time, we might be able to go up again before the resort closes!"

"That's we should take the blue square route; it's getting colder at night, and the snow there is frozen like ice. It'd be way faster."

Minghao pouted, looking at the black diamond route in hesitation. The blue route was shorter and faster, but the fourteen year old had an urge to disobey his older brother. Jisoo huffed out a cloud of cold air, in mild urgency he poked his sibling with his skii pole. Behind the fleece mask that covered his mouth, Jisoo smiled a bit.

"Fine, black diamond it is. But I'm gonna say this right now, if mom and dad catch us as we get down there, we're not gonna get a second chance tonight."

The two sibings grinned, urging their skiis to slide down the curvy and steep slope. If anyone hadn't known them, no one would believe that the two had only picked up skiing two weeks ago. With his flexible body and agile reflexes, Minghao easily curved around bumpy hills of snow and pine trees. Jisoo relied a bit more on his technique to guide himself through the icy-white ground, growing up around friends at a skate park in Los Angeles left the fifteen year old with a bit more experience at slippery sports. 

It was when small flakes of snow started to cloud his skii googles when Minghao slid to a stop on a flat area. His sibling drifted right next to younger, lifting his black, gloved hand to see the tufts of snow.

It was only then did the alarm sound.


Attention to all visitors. We have recieved notice from our storm team that we have heavy snow approaching this resort, accompanied with high winds. For your safety, please refrain from exiting any buildings. If you know of any individuals still out on the slopes, please do not panic for we have many booths and stations to serve as shelter.

"I contacted all the stations and booths around the black diamond routes, so far they haven't found any children there."

Unfortunately, panicking was what Jeonghan was on the verge of doing. The worried father nervously bit his thumb, pacing around the family's private booth while Seungcheol bounced his knee up and down, keeping their youngest distracted as he went up and down on his father's thigh. Mingyu looked at his fathers with curious eyes, his eyes wide while he also thinks about his two elder brothers. Jihoon was asleep and buried by his parent's thick coats, unaware of the wellness of the two of his older brother.

Jeonghan eyed the staff member as the man checked through what looked like the skii resort. The worker's eyes drifted along the numerous skii routes and possible detours that two teenage boys would take. The long-haired father inched closer, catching a glimpse of the worker's name, Wonwoo.

Wonwoo muttered to himself, unaware of Jeonghan behind him, "...if they didn't take a detour...maybe they..."

The tall man snatched a walkie-talkie, "Hey Soonyoung. Wonwoo here. Did you remember to net off that one black diamond route?"

A voice buzzed through the walkie-talkie, "I've blocked nearly all of the diamond routes. At one point, I ran out of netting, so I think I might've missed...number six?"

Wonwoo roared into the walkie-talkie, "You idiot! That's the one that mattered the most! Of all the times to mess up...!" The tall man ditched the walkie-talkie as he slammed down onto the control room's dashboard. The parents felt their hearts drop to their stomachs at Wonwoo's orders.

"Alert to all rescue crews; check diamond six for two teenage boys, ages fourteen and fifteen, both are around 5 feet 6 in height, the younger of the two is anemic. Report back for any information gathered." Wonwoo grimly looked back at Jeonghan and Seungcheol, both looking like deer struck in headlights.

"Seungcheol-ssi and Jeonghan-ssi right? Please try to listen, it may be possible your sons have accidentally entered a restricted area. I advise that you keep your hopes up that they are already on the way back, or pray that they get buried by the snow.

Jeonghan outright screamed, "Pray that they get buried? Why would we "pray" for such a thing?! We want our children safe with us, how can you say that?! What can possibly be worse than my boys getting buried by snow!?"

The staff member starred at the family, his lips pursed into a fine line. Inside, Wonwoo knew that the storm would close in before the two teens could make it back to the resort building. However, that was not the worst scenario that could happen.

Seungcheol held his shaking husband, slowly reading the staff member's face. The father gulped at the man's anxious eyes.

"Is there...possibly...something worse...out there?"

Wonwoo could feel a lump lodged between his lungs, a lump of information that the man couldn't keep inside anymore.


Jisoo gripped the sleeve of his younger brother, their ski poles and skiis long abandoned. The elder struggles through the blinding snow while Minghao stumbled along, both boys trying to navigate through the snowstorm that only stronger and swifter.

"C'mon Minghao-ah. I think I see a resting station...don't black out on me now..."

The younger brother panted, his mouth practically swallowing his skii mask, "Hyung...I can't...breathe..."

The younger boy had never been the most healthy of children. Under the blizzard, he could feel himself shivering from the icy temperature drops, his vision blurring- not because of the snow that dusted up his goggles. Soon, Jisoo was dragging a barely conscious body toward the dark shadow of what looked like a cabin.

After much struggle, the older brother managed to push the door open and pull his brother out of the snow. 

Jisoo looked around the cabin, slowly shedding off his goggles, helmet, and ski jacket. The cabin looked as if it hadn't been used in months: the walls of plaster were chipped, the old windows shaking from the howling wind outside, any furniture was covered with plastic and vinyl sheeting, and the fireplace was layered with dust.

A fire place, with what looked like bone-dry firewood next to it.

"Minghao, just a bit farther, get a bit closer to the fireplace," Jisoo urged his younger brother, who was barely awake, trying to move a bit more.

"Hyung...so...cold."

"I know Minghao, just hold on a bit more."

Jisoo knocked up the fireplace cover, a dusty layer of ashes fall against the grate. Without a bit of time to loose, the boy stacked up the firewood wrapped in layers of newspaper. His fingers were quickly growing numb, it was getting cold really fast. Somehow, the boy was able to properly strike a match, lighting the fire.

Even with the fire, the boy's skii jackets, and the thick fleece blanket they found by a drawer, Jisoo shivered while he held Minghao in his arms, repeatedly rubbing his brother's body to get any sort of body heat back. He could feel the boy's chest weakly rising and falling, pure fear washing into Jisoo's mind.

What if no one finds us? Minghao's body is like ice, and any closer to the fireplace I'll burn him. There's only so much firewood, we're bound to run out within a few hours. Will the storm end in a few hours? This isn't a station, and I can't seem to find any telephone or intercom around here.

In the silent cabin, with only the fire crackling at one wall, Jisoo's ears picked up on a metal click. The boy spun around to see the door knob turning; the door swung open, and fear creeped into Jisoo's fingertips.

A sudden gust of wind blew into the room; Jisoo seized up at the frozen blast, wrapping his body around Minghao. The fire didn't stand a chance again the heavy force. Icy whirls of snowy air blew the small embers away, the only bit of heat, gone.

"Wow, didn't think I'd find fresh meat waiting for me at home."

Jisoo stared at the man, who slowly made his way to the two boys. The first thing that struck him was the man's apparell. In temperatures cold enough to freeze boiling water instantly, Jisoo looked in awe at the pair of pale, destroyed jeans. The rest was: a pair of casual sneakers, slightly damp from snow, a black hoodie over what looked like a thin t-shirt. The man was geared up for a springtime runway, not a winter apocalypse.

The older sibling trembled from the frigid cold, barely able to lift his head to make out the man's face. But one glimpse was more than enough. The piercing red eyes, wet amber-blond hair, a sharp jawline, fangs poking out of his smirk; this person wasn't normal.


"A child of Lilith?"

Another staff member, Seokmin silently flipped through a thick book, stopping his search after an unsettling silence.

"People think of Lilith only as a myth, but she's as real as any demon can get. According to legends, she was banished to mountains north-west from the Middle East. Those mountains just so happen to be here."

Seokmin turned the book around to Seungcheol, who looked at the article the staff had flipped to. The image was all too familiar.

"Vampire?"

Seokmin grimly chewed on his lip, the news was hard to pass to the already-worried-to-death parents,"Vampires look like kittens compared to Lilith's children. We'll be lucky if we can even find their bodies by the time the snow clears." 

The children were asleep beneath their father's coats, unaware of how grim their parent's faces were. It was absolute terror, despair, hopelessness; Jeonghan was completely frozen in his chair, his long chestnut hair shielding his expression from the world. Seungcheol's facial muscles were stiffer than concrete, but his eyes were wild, nearly twitching. 

"I'm sorry, but could you give us a moment?" Seungcheol requested, a pained smile forced on his face. The staff didn't need to be told twice.

As if the door closing was a trigger, Jeonghan's silent tears rained down. Seungcheol quickly wrapped his husband in his arms, watching tear drops fall on the tile floor. The larger man froze when drops of red started to drip.

"Jeonghan what are you doing!?" Seungcheol pulled Jeonghan's arms out, tightly grasping his husband's wrists tight. The long-haired man's hands were released, revealling the bloody cuts that his finger nails had left on his palms.

"Cheol, I want them back...I want them back in my arms..."


"The little one's dying, you know," the man non-chalantly stated, casually pointing at Minghao while he sat cross legged next to the shivering siblings. Jisoo almost hissed at the man, keeping a tight hold on his little brother. The cat-eyed boy knew better than anyone that Minghao needed care, but he wasn't insane enough to simply hand his vulnerable brother to some strange man.

"He would be...much better...if you lit the fire..." Jisoo managed to squeeze past his stiff lips, his own body shivering violently. The fanged man rolled his eyes, reaching out his hand over the firewood. One snap, Jisoo could see sparks fly off the man's fingertips. The wood ignited once again, bringing back the brothers a little bit of warmth.

"Any other request little kitten? If not, it'd be nice for you two to return a little favor," the blond man grinned, showing off his sharp fangs...no...all of his teeth were sharp. Jisoo hugged Minghao a little tighter.

"What do you want from us? We have practically nothing to give you," Jisoo carefully asked, although in his mind, he felt the man's intentions slipping past his teeth.

"Just a little bite. I don't need too much, just a little chunk off the shoulder, or the thigh. You probably won't ever walk the same way, but I say it's a nice deal."

In panic, Jisoo backed Minghao and himself away from the man, not caring about the fire. The older brother's eyes bugged in fear, his body now quivering for a whole other reason.

"You want to eat us?" The man smirked as he casually scootched closer to the siblings, but his glowing eyes weren't playing around.

"Get away from us, you monster!" Jisoo screamed.

A annoyed pout formed on the man's lips, "Well first off, my name is Junhui, and I'm pretty offended right now cuz' I'm on a whole other level compared to a monster. And second, your brother isn't breathing."

The cat-eyed boy quickly brought his hand down to his brother's face, his blood running cold when he felt no air. The boy grabbed his brother's shoulders, calling out to the younger, hoping for any response. There was only silence.

"Hey kid."

Junhui reached past Jisoo's shoulder, and pulled Minghao right out of Jisoo's limp hands, now frozen with despair. The boy lifted his head to look at Minghao, who's skin was pale grey and body not moving. He then turned to Junhui, who had his hand on Minghao's jacket zipper.

"Okay kid, I won't take any flesh, but I want some blood. In return, I get your brother alive again. Sounds good?"

Jisoo could only hesitantly nod.

A smile curved onto Junhui's lips. The man bared his two longer fangs, and brought them down onto Minghao's ghostly pale neck. 

The effect was almost immediate. Minghao's eyes blinked wide open, his lips parting as the boy's turning into screams. Color returned to his face, while red lines dripped down his neck. Despite the cold, beads of sweat started to drip down Minghao's face.

Satisfied, Junhui laid down a trembling Minghao, draping a blanket over the boy. Jisoo quickly crawled over, his hand caressing his brother's face. Life had definitely returned to his brother, but the burning skin and continued moans told Jisoo a different story.

"Why is he like this? I thought you cured him."

"You ask for too much, little kitten. A child of Lilith can only bring havoc upon mortals. I only poisoned him, so his body's going haywire right now. He won't survive the effects for long, but he'll be okay. And now, it's your turn."

Junhui snatched Jisoo's wrists, pushing the body down on the ski jacket he had previously removed. While the boy squirmed and struggled, the blond nonchalantly took both wrists with one hand, while the other went to removed Jisoo's sweater. Under restraints, Jisoo forced out a few words, his body now extremely cold and weak.

"Wait. I don't need to be cured, let go!"

"You are one naive little kitten. You tried so hard to keep your brother warm, but didn't even notice how your hands are frozen solid, and that you are also at the brink of death. Since you're a tad older, I think I'll play with you a bit."

Junhui raised the sweater over Jisoo's head, revealling a fleshy pale chest. Jisoo hissed at the cold air, but not when a coal-like tongue started to across his chest. Junhui grinned, slowly tasting the sweet skin while he tried his best not to take a bite out of the boy's chest. At the sensation of two sharp points at his heart, Jisoo let an unbearable scream.

It burned. The man's poison flooded into Jisoo's heart, where it was pumped into all of the boy's veins. The boy's was full of life, but Jisoo wasn't sure if he could bear the pain. Unlike Minghao, who was unconscious, Jisoo twitched and squirmed under the man called Junhui, tears running out across his temples.

Junhui sighed, up the blood seeping out of Jisoo's chest. "My my, what a sight you are." The man hovered over Jisoo, whispering into his ear, "Do you understand just how sweet you two taste? Your brother light and mellow, while you are over-powerfully sweet; ah , why can't I just take a few bites?"

Despite all he said, Junhui moved to Jisoo's lips, playfully slipping his tongue past the boy's mouth. Under burning pain, Jisoo was just about to scream in protest. 

Until the aphrodisiac flowed in.

The burning pain became blunted into a feverish heat, Jisoo's struggling turned into shivers of pleasure, his teary eyes glazed over, and his screams were toned down into little moans.

Junhui smiled.

"Just because it's poison, doesn't mean it's bad for you."


 

"Hey Wonwoo, here's your belated birthday present! Two little boys that you should probably rush to the hospital. Pronto." 

Wonwoo grunted when Junhui passed the siblings in his arms. In a rush, the man called for ambulances while he placed Jisoo and Minghao in a rescue carrier, connected to a snow mobile as he prepared to go down the mountain.

"I remember having send out a human carcass last time, what's different about these two?"

Junhui chuckled, his red eyes reflecting nothing but pale white snow.

"Just a little change of heart, old friend. You'd better get those kids to the ER now. I might've tore one's heart muscles and messed with the other's hemoglobin."

Junhui then walked away, leaving no footprints behind in the snow.


 

Okay, i know i should update my other stories, but I'm been really into horror after reading a bunch of thiller manga, so i needed to get this one out.

I might write a sequel, i dont know, depends if you all want one.

I love reading comments, so leave some please~♡

(Also, vampire jun during the dark concert performance team stage...just...too...much grinding on floors and rotating hips. Like stop, i thought 17 was a cute group! >///_///<