Prologue : Tears unshed

The twin return

The first day, people patted her shoulders and gave her hugs telling her she will be alright and how sorry they were. She found this funny because the only thing they should be apologizing for are their unwanted hands touching her but she kept the thought to herself and she nodded politely and said a soft thank you instead. The moment she turned away from them, she heard their whispers pitying the poor girl in denial who has yet to shed a single tear.

The second day, people held her hands and asked if she needed anything and if she was alright instead of telling her that she will be which she found ridiculous because it was obvious they couldn’t care less about how she was doing but left those thought unsaid and just nodded politely and said a soft thank you instead.The moment they turned around from her, she heard the loud whispers wondering if the shock has driven the girl crazy for she has yet to shed a single tear.

By the third day, people actually told her to cry her pain away and tried to teach her how to mourn properly which was beyond hysterical considering they were strangers who didn’t know anything other than her name and who’s granddaughter she was but let those thoughts die as nothing more than thoughts in her head and just nodded politely and said a soft thank you instead. Before they even turned and without bothering to whisper, she heard them talking about how wicked and viscous she was and that she was beyond any doubt her grandmother’s granddaughter. For the first time she silently agreed with them because her grandmother would be proud of her for it was already the last day of the funeral. and she has yet to shed a single tear.

But that’s about the only thing her grandmother would’ve approved of about it, she would’ve said it wasn’t classy or extravagant enough, she would’ve said that it should’ve been more exclusive or invite only. She found herself laughing as she won’t be hearing any of that considering the source of those complaints is buried six feet under. Besides her, her friend laughed along thos morbid thoughts but agreed with her nevertheless.