Sunshine (Sangmin)

Stay by my side

„Our Sunshine is here!“

Very loud, very cheerful words welcomed you as you entered the apartment. You didn't

even have time to blink and you were already brought into absolute chaos.

 

Shin ran to you to hug you, and it was almost traumatizing experience because he hugged you really tight and you felt you might actually suffocate.

You could see Sangmin standing close, happily smiling, and Yongseok with Seyoung were both talking over one another, probably saying something meant for you, but you didn't catch what exactly. Takuya and Casper were there too, just standing a bit behind, hidden behind the chaos others created.

 

“Uhm, hi? I brought you cookies,” you got out of yourself the moment Shin finally left you to breathe. Someone took your bag from you and they finally let you inside properly.

 

They were all like kids, really, hyperactive and funny, and hell, you missed them so much. And clearly, they missed you too.

 

You knew boys for a long time now. They were precious people and it felt to you like a miracle to have them in your life.

You never realized it much, but you were always smiling while with them. They were such a bunch of crazy mood makers that it was impossible not to be happy around them. They made your life joyful and supported you and always made sure you were happy and smiling. And once you got to know them better, and saw them struggling with things, with work, with life, it was your turn to smile and try to cheer them up.

As a result you were always smiling while with them, which brought you a nickname “Sunshine”.

 

Sometimes you felt like their mum, baking for them, making sure they ate properly, giving them advices about girls… checking on them most of the time. As a reward you got the best and loyal friend you could ever imagine. They liked you, liked spending time with you, just as much you liked them.

 

 

As the initial hype of seeing you again after… how long was it? ...Really long time wore off a bit, boys moved to the living room and to the kitchen, to prepare some snack and stuff. You have had planned to chat and watch some nice movies.

 

You ended up being the last one remaining in the hall, together with Sangmin.

“It's so nice to see you again, Sunshine,” he spoke quietly, his face beaming happily.

 

You gave him a big smile and on a whim hugged him lightly. He giggled in a girlish way and held you back.

 

Moments later, you realized you both were just standing there, smiling like idiots at each other.

But soon his expression went from happy to wary and he studied you face for a while before asking:

“Is everything alright?”

 

That was the last thing you would think he would ask right now. Of course everything was fine... except it wasn't.

But you felt quite happy at this moment and did not want to think about all the stress in your life and even less you wanted to bother him or anyone else with your problems, not right now, not ever, so you hid everything behind a big smile, and everything was okay and happy, right?

“...yeah.” It took a lot effort for that answer don't waver as you showed him smile again.

 

He sighed.

“Don't do this. Don't hide things from me. I know that something is happening.”

You blinked at him, confused.

“But I feel happy right now? Why do you doubt that?” You thought you were good at hiding your emotions, it's easy to hide everything behind a smile, isn't it?

 

He studied your face for a bit more before replying.

“It's your smile. I… I spent a lot of time watching you and I can say that you are not smiling honestly. So, what's wrong?”

At first you almost thought that he is going to scold you, it was in his tone, but then you saw his expression full of concern.

And just like that, you let your face relax, let fall down the mask you were hiding your emotions behind.

You sighed, this really wasn't something you wanted to happen right now. This was supposed to be happy reunion with your friends.

 

“What's wrong?” he asked again, gently this time, his hand tenderly brushing your face for a second, making you look up to him.

Light touches weren't anything unusual, not from him, but this one surprised you for some reason, so it took you a moment to answer.

 

You sighed softly again before answering, gathering your thoughts a bit at first.

“It's nothing. I just… I guess I'm just tired… There is so much happening lately… work, family stuff...”

“Do you want to talk about it?” There it was again, that concerned voice and expression, and it made you feel guilty.

“No… I just… I just need to rest I guess.”

He slowly nodded in acknowledgement. “Good that it's Friday already,” he chuckled softly, then went back to being serious, “but if you want to talk about anything… you know I am here, right? You can tell me everything, okay?”

 

You smiled softly at him, grateful. “I know. Thank you.” Maybe you could talk to him about everything later without feeling like bothering.

 

“See? This smile is much better.” He beamed at you and you finally felt yourself relax.

 

“Okay, let's go catch with boys before they get jealous that I keep you here only for myself.”

You giggled as he put his arm around your shoulders and led you to the living room.

It was time to have fun and forget about everything.

 

As the afternoon processed into deep evening, you found yourself slowly falling asleep cuddled in Sangmin's arms, content and happy, some random movie playing in the background, and low voices of your friends talking created comfortable atmosphere, all stress and worries forgotten.