Epilogue

A Week

 

 

            “You may kiss the bride.”

            It was nice wedding of her lovely friend. Hayi was smiling trough the party. She can see how happy her friend is. She already knows all along that those two will get married. They always close to each other. Time sure move fast for her, because a lot of things changes. Somehow, only her time that stopped for long. She has been stayed in with the same lifestyle. The different is that there’s no him anymore.

            “Hayi! It’s time get the bouquet from the bride.” Someone was pulling her from the chair. She just laughs a little, but she decides to stand up.

            Before she can go, Jennie told her something, “Unnie, you have to be the next, okay?”

            Hayi was watching her friend to throw that bouquet. She doesn’t know why she tried so hard to grab that bouquet. She’s lucky enough to get it. Her friend was turned around to see who got it. She smiled brightly to see the bouquet in Hayi’s hands. She tried to let her voice, “Hayi, I can’t wait to see you in this dress! I wish for your happiness.”

            “Thank you, Jimin. I wish the best for both of you, the happiness, the love, and everything. Jimin, Taehyung-oppa, congrats!”

            Yes, it was her friend wedding, the person who support her the best. It’s been three years and a lot of thing happened. Jimin and Taehyung were dating for two years already. They decide to get married. They’ll move on to their new place. Mr. Seunghyun was right about Taehyung. He’s rich. He worked so hard in big company to make a well income. It’s not easy. It took a really long time. The other side, Jimin was still singing at the bar. But, Jimin decides to leave that job and become Taehyung’s wife. That’s lead them until now.

            Jennie, the younger one in boarding house, finished her studies. With that, she got master degree by this year. She was so eager in study. She finally got a job at a big company with a really good position. She moves too from the boarding house. She have a nice apartment in the Seoul.

            For Taehyun, he moved too. It’s far away from here. He decides to go to London. That’s why he can’t attend Jimin & Taehyung wedding. They thought that they can meet again together in this wedding.

            Chimchim is still not come back. No one ever heard any news from him since that time, including his own number that cannot be reached anymore. Her neighbor is changing by the time. She should have move on. But, she chooses to wait. Those memories are precious for her. Although sometimes, it’s hurt when she starts to remember the past, but she still keeps all of his gifts.

            All gifts are precious to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            “Hayi, look!”

            It’s a nice Saturday in Seoul. She went out with her friend. They have planned to walk around the town. But there are crowded of people in front of a big bookstore. Her friend decides to walk toward that store. Hayi was watching the poster in front of the bookstore.

            She stare it a moment to read the title, “H-.”

            But her friend grab unto her hands, “Let’s go in, Hayi. It’s my favorite author. He wrote a new novel and holds a fansign.”

            Hayi went in to the bookstore. She watches her friend grab unto one of the novels and run toward the line. She takes a glance to the novel. She stopped for a moment to look at the book's cover.

            She took it. The novel has a cover with a painting of women. She read the title of the novel, “HI, by Mijin Ark.”

            However, she fell into silent to see the book's cover. She remembers painting that was given by that man three years ago. She turned that book. She read the description writing in that novel.

HI.      I love the way I say it. It’s reminding me with the way I call your name every day. Until that day, I never hear you call my own name. I love you. If you read this, that’ll be the time I decided to approach you.

            HI.      You’re the only one in my heart.

            She gripped the novel and looked around. In instant, she had walked into a crowd of people, join the queuing.

            Her friend was shocked to see her, “Hayi? What are you doing?”

            Even she could hear people whispering, annoyed by her presence, but she didn’t care. She pushed ahead to check whether what she's thinking right now is true or not.

            Until the end, she was in the front row, staring at someone who was signing every novel.

            “Yes, thank you.” The man shakes that woman who later went out. Hayi takes a glance of his face. She thought that man is someone she knows, but it’s looks like she was wrong. She laughs a little thinking that she just daydream about it. She turned around and bow to everyone behind her.

            “I thought that author was someone I knew.” She talks to her friend.

            “How come?”

            Hayi laughs, “I just imagined things I guess. I’ll check up the other book.”

            She was confused with Hayi’s words, “Well, wait for me. I need to get this autograph first.”

            Hayi nodded and went back. She wants to put the novel back, but she decides to buy that book, and read it later. She was so sure about that painting and those words. She guesses it’s just some coincidence.

            “Are you going to buy that?” Someone was asking her.

            Hayi grabs that novel, “Yeah. I want to know what the writer wants to tell in the novel.”

            “I’m sure it’s about you.”

            She was surprised. She suddenly moves her head to see that person. And, she smiled when she recognize that face. She laughs a little bit. She remembers about what she did before this. She speaks to him, “But, you’re not the writer.”

            “I’m the co-author. You can see my name there.”

            She takes a look to that novel again, and saw a name was written there. She reads that name, “It’s Mihc Mihc.”

            “You will know that is my name when you reverse it.” He smiles at her.

            Hayi was smiling widely thinking about the past. She punched him lightly, looked at the floor, “My revenge for suddenly go away like that.” Hayi was in confused. She was mad at him before, but to see his cute smile, her disappointment just went away.

            He grabs her hand, “I miss you so much.”

            She nodded her head, watching him.

             “Me too, Jimin-oppa.”

            The warm hug they share. It was the key to continue her paused-time.

—————————————————————————FIN