Chapter 1: Normal Day in 2000 & WHAT?!

Prime Minister Kim Minseok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19 December 2000

 

*beep beep beep beep*, the alarm rings loudly beside Minseok, "No, please I need my sleep", Minseok groans while turned off the alarm and covered himself with his blanket wanting to sleep more for just a few minutes.

After a minute, the door was opened coming in two brats. The brats closed the door lightly creeping in front of the bed. "Jongin, you will just take off the blanket while I climb to the bed okay?", Jongin nodded listening to his brother going towards Minseok, uncover his blanket and curtain showing the bright morning sun. Jongdae climbs up the bed to wake Minseok up. "Appa, wake up wake up." 

Minseok opened his eyes immediately greeted by the bright morning sun, he scrunched his eyes awhile and turn to his front to see his sons cheeky faces
"Good morning appa!", Jongdae and Jongin greeted with a large smile on their face. "Good morning", Minseok smiled and kissed both of their cheeks. 
"Come on, let's get ready to wash up before breakfast.", Minseok carried the brats to the toilet to wash up, changing them to their school uniform whereas Minseok changed into a suit.

 

The kids ran out of the room to the dining table sitting down waiting to start breakfast with Minseok settling down the children before he looks at the newspaper.

 

PARLIAMENT DISSOLVED
ELECTION DATES CONFIRMED AT 19th February 2001
Opinion Polls 11th-18th December 2000

The Prime Minister has announced to have a Fresh election ahead of 3 months.
According to Korea electoral commission, the election is currently in preparation, the electoral boundaries have been redrawn and will release in the upcoming days.
the electoral commission officer states that the numbers of seats will be the same as the last election, 325 seats
“It is time to have a fresh mandate after the constructive 5 years of contributions all across the house.” – Prime Minister

 

“Elections are coming?”, Soonkyu took a peek and asked while putting down the food. “Seems like Labour is going to win this election again.”, she continued. “Omma, what is an election?”, Jongdae asked with a curious look.
“Election is a process where you will choose a person to represent you and serve the country.”, Jongdae nodded "What do the people do? Is he or she like us goes to school and goes home watch Pororo?", he continued asking making Soonkyu laugh. “Aigooo, my dear they are working hard for our country, they are not going to school but a place called parliament where they hold meetings and they do not have time to watch Pororo. Let’s eat!”, Soonkyu pinched Jongdae’s face while answering his doubt then feeding Jongin for breakfast.

 

“Say bye-bye to omma”, Minseok called the brats to bid a goodbye to their mother “Bye-bye omma”, both said in unison. “Have a fun time in school!”, Soonkyu waved and then hug Minseok “Have a successful day, my dear”, Minseok kissed in return and left the house.

 

During the car ride, if you expect the car to be very peaceful and quiet YOU ARE WRONG! Other than bickering, singing children's songs is also the common activity they do in the car but today Jongin was playing with a toy that Jongdae doesn’t have it and Jongdae is planning to snatch it.
“Jongin, give me that.”, Jongin shook his head refusing to comply, tightly hold his toy while Jongdae was approaching him closer. “Appa ap..pa”, Jongin tears were on the verge of coming out when Jongdae stretched his hands towards him. Just right the car stopped at the traffic light, Minseok can turn back to handle the older brat. “Jongdae, why are you snatching your brother’s toy when you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter