Memories Like Fireworks

Won't You Stay With Me? ~ Hiatus!!

'I am never, ever having a one night stand again!' Baekhyun stormed into his friends' dorm and immediately jumped on the couch, knocking Jongin right off it.

'Man, I almost impaled my balls on the cactus!' he retorted, rubbing his bumped and the sitting across the room on Yixing's chair. He rested his chin on a fluffly pillow patterned with rainbow unicorns (a tasteful present given to Yixing by Minseok) and shot Baekhyun a pitying look, as he watched his hyung lean his forehead on his hands and swear to the gods above.

'So was the lay that bad?' asked Jongin calmly and Baekhyun's eyes shot up to meet the younger's. His eyeliner was smudged, hair dishwelled, clothes rumpled, but his eyes shone as if they were stars.

'It was ing dope.' The sentence didn't contain a single trace of irony and Jongin could just nod in understanding. Baekhyun breathed a exhausted sigh and massaged his temples with his thumb and index finger.

'Then what's the problem?' For a moment silence lingered in the air and Baekhyun's shouders drooped. Jongin added two and two and nodded, feeling sorry for his friend. 'Oh, so that's what he said!'

'"I'm totally not gay, I swear! I did just put my in your and gave you the time of your life, I won't say I didn't enjoy it too, but I'm totally not gay!' Baekhyun exploded, imitating a deep and gravelly voice that made Jongin laugh. The younger dissolved into peals of giggles, while the vocalist played a quick review of last night in his minds. The memories were too vivid. Why could he hear the moans, feel the friction, taste the salty sweat and sweet lust. This was all too much for a one night stand. 'Well, I screwed up too. No one in their right mind would sleep with someone, who completely unironically took me for a chick.'

'Ouch. And still you gave him a slice of ?'

'I did. And then I sassed him about it, which was just the cherry on the cake of me being stupid.'

'So who was this Mr. Straight anyways, who was enough of a douche to leave before you woke up? Do you have his number?' Baekhyun didn't even bother about the fact, that he never mentioned Chanyeol disappearing before experiencing the morning after together to Jongin. He pulled out his phone and ran his finger over the screen, bringing it to life. It was a surprise that it was still in one piece without a single crack, considering the number of times the device fell out of its owner's pocket.

Baekhyun scrolled through his contacts until he reached the one he was looking for. With a touch, the profile showed up, displaying the name of the vocalist's one night stand proudly. There was no picture, but he could remember every detail of the man's face clearly, the huge, soft eyes, dark hair flopping over his forehead, his hilariously large ears.

'His name's Park Chanyeol. He's... involved with music, I guess.'

'Everyone you'll meet here is, I mean, this is the kind of thing SM is for.'

'He plays a few instruments, he writes lyrics a bit. He's mainly a rapper.' Baek dropped his mobile onto the fluffy carpet (another purchase by Minseok, a person very dedicated to his tastes and determined to share them with everyone), not really caring if it broke. It didn't, of course. 'I don't like this. I slept with him once and I won't be able to let go so easily. I get ing attached.'

'And that's why you kept stuck with me all the way from high school until now.'

'I'm not going back to my place. The sheets will still smell like him. I won't be sleeping alone in the bed I ed in last night. I'm staying here, I'll share a bed with Chen.'

Jongin didn't get a chance to respond, as suddenly, the door to the dorm swung open and four noisy young men marched in, swearing, laughing and racing eachother to the most comfortable chairs. As Baekhyun was still sprawled over the whole couch, most of them were banned to sit on the floor, but as soon as they heard the vocalist's story, they decided to forgive him for being a prick, just today.

With six guys in one room, all wanting to share their experiences of the day - who cared if it was only 11 a.m on a Sunday? - it was hard to keep one topic of the conversation going, and soon enough, Baekhyun's unfortunate adventure and the name Park Chanyeol were forgotten. Maybe it was better, yet Baekhyun kept going back to those fragile moments he spent with the tall male.

Thinking of his sensual lips on his own, his big hands on slim hips, his toned chest against the vocalist's , glistening with sweat, it was too much. That night had been far too good to be just once. Baekhyun felt a smirk find its way onto his face. Well, Chanyeol can keep up the "I'm not gay" bull circus as long as he wants, but his didn't lie. What if... he didn't have to forget about him at all? Maybe they could just as well continue their relationship. In a platonic sense. 

Wait. Did he really...? No. No. NO. NONONONONONON-

'Am I ing retarted?' exclaimed the young man, jerking up and accidentaly kicking Sehun in the shin. He remembered where he was and suddenly got the urge to hit himself so hard. He was in Jongin and the others' dorm, reluctantly sharing the couch with the youngest of the bunch. Minseok and Chen were playing Mario Kart more violently, then intended and Yixing and Jongin were throwing bits of caramel popcorn at eachother, trying to catch them in the air and failing miserably.

'You might as well be,' agreed Minseok, tapping furiously on the A button of his Wii contoler. No one payed too much attention to this remark and Baekhyun decided that he needed some fresh air, ASAP. He got up and reached for his coat. 

'I'm going to relieve myself,' he announced, reaching down to put his sneakers on.

'The lube's in the second drawer under the sink! Have fun!' Sehun called after him, laughing at his own joke

'Ha, ha ha, very funny. I'm going to sing, not myself. Jongin, I'm borrowing your bike!'

It was quite chilly outside, despite it being early October. Baekhyun released Jongin's old, rusty bike from its lock and hopped on it, hoping to get a bit warmer. He pedaled rapidly through campus, until he was sure that he was in an area where no one knew him yet. He jumped off the bike and let it fall onto a huge patch of grass. The vocalist took a few shaky breaths before taking a huge gasp of air into his lungs and proceeded to sing the first song that came into his mind. 

'Find me just once, you know how much I want you. More than your faint image, more than the thick night. I'm afraid of being alone... Uh! An endless mystery, a foggy memory. Why are my predictions not coming true? The sound of...'

This was a musical university and someone singing in the middle of the park was not an uncommon view. Still, when Baekhyun heard laughs coming from an open window of the dorm next to the lawn, he felt a twinge of embarassment.

'Way to ruin the moment,' mumbled the vocalist under his breath, stuffing his cold fingers into the pockets of his thin coat. He pouted and started listening to the voices that interrupted his performance. 

'Tao, your sleeve is not a napkin!'

'Dude, stop that, you're not my mom!'

'He's sure acting like he is, though.'

'Luhan! We are during a meal, put that phone away!'

'Guys, why are we even eating noodles before noon?'

'Thank you for the food, may I take everyone's plates?'

Baekhyun chuckled to himself upon hearing the silly conversations. He waited until the ruckus coming from the bulding shimmered down and perfect silence retook its place. He cleared his throat and once again proceeded to unleash his raging emotions through song:

'The sound of your breath in my ears. I couldn't find you even once. You hurt me, so bad, so bad. You hurt me, so bad, so bad. Forever in my head you are living. In my eyes, I see the transparent you and I... It hurts.'

'Wait... Holy !' A deep voice above Baekhyun's head sounded and the latter looked up in its direction. As soon as his eyes met with the owner's, he cursed his miserable life so bad.

Because looking out that window was, ladies and gentlemen, the dumb, obnoxious, dense, straight and illegally attractive face of Park Chanyeol.