That's Right, My Type

Won't You Stay With Me? ~ Hiatus!!

'Listen, I don't believe in love at first sight,' murmured Chanyeol, opening his eyes to meet the sight of an unfamiliar ceiling that looked pitch-black in the darkness of the room that was illuminated only by the watery moonlight floating in through the windows. 

'No one does.' The reply was short and frank, but Chanyeol could feel the warm breath and the angelic voice on his shoulder, causing him to shiver. Wait, why were they so close? Entangled in a strange knot of limbs, sheets and bodies. It wasn't supposed to look like this.

'You don't get it. Nor at second sight, third, tenth, I just... I don't do love.'

'Fine by me.'

'This is just a one time thing.'

'Sure.'

'I'm not gay.'

Here, a snort came from the smaller male and Chanyeol could literally feel the burning blush creep up to decorate his face. This wasn't like him, to come so easily undone by a remark that hasn't yet been made.

'Yes, and you totally didn't get hard at the sight of my rear in those tight pants. Don't make me laugh.'

'Sh-Shut up! I'm seriously not gay.'

'Suit yourself. And be quiet, I want to sleep. Your feet are cold as hell man, I guarantee that I'll be up all night because of you.'

'Let me get my stuff and I'm leaving.' Despite his words, Chanyeol's hand only tightened its grip on Baekhyun's arm. The elder let out a soft sigh and settled against the taller's chest, rubbing his cheek against his awkwardly. This position, as cringy and inappropriate as it was, felt strangely right to Chanyeol. Just before he drifted off, a single thought passed through his dazed mind:

What have I done?

Well, he didn't just screw the sinfully gorgeous and devilishly talented vocalist Byun Baekhyun, that's for sure. 


As Chanyeol silently turned his key in the lock and stepped into his dorm, he was relieved to find it silent and - hopefully - empty. He left Baekhyun still asleep, with the most adorable bedhead and drool dripping out of the corner of his mouth. Still, that innocent cuteness made reminded the younger about the effortless iness that the elder was dripping with last night and he felt a stab of guilt. No, it's going to pass, he'll forget. It'll be just like with every other one night he had. and forget. That was all.

Yawning, he trudged into the kitchen and started rummaging through the cupboards in search of a snack. He nibbled lazily on a After Eight Thin Mint when he remembered that Tao would probably have him castrated if he saw something missing from his secret stash, so Chanyeol took an apple, which was a much safer option. He noticed that the shelves and fridge were alarmingly empty, but that wasn't really worrying. Knowing him, Kyungsoo was going to waltz in with the groceries any minute.

Accordingly to the tall's predoctions, his friend walked into the kitchen holding four eco-friendly (Suho's idea, the ing mom) bags filled with food. He nodded to Chanyeol before proceeding to unload them. The giant wanted to help him, but for some reason, he couldn't be bothered. He just stayed leaning over the counter munching on his fruit while Kyungsoo placed the things he bought in the cupboards and refrigerator.

'I'm making jajangmyeon,' announced the younger, pulling his stripy apron off the hanger and putting it on. He flipped his case open and took his glassed out, slipping them on top of his nose. All this without the tiniest trace of emotion. Chanyeol sometimes found Kyungsoo's calmness almost scary. How can one be so caring, yet so distant and cold at the same time?

'How was it last night?' Chanyeol snapped out of his trance and shot a look at his friend, who was washing his hands, anticipating an answer. The clutter of pans, the hum of the tap and the noises made by drawers being opened and ingredients being placed on the counter filled the surely awkward silence. 

 'Ha?'

'You went out last night, am I right? Or it wasn't you, who was begging Suho to lend you some money, because you wouldn't have enough to treat yourself to even one drink?'

'Oh...' Chanyeol hesitated, as the core of the apple crunched between his teeth. He swallowed and tried to confess to Kyungsoo as smoothly as possible. 

'Hm?'

'So I banged,' began the giant, resting his big hands in front and leaning in a bit, trying to seem as chill as he could. Kyungsoo looked up from preparing the noodles and Chanyeol swore that his eyes were wider than before. The younger simply nodded and a shadow of a "not bad, mate" expression passed over his face. 

'Okay... Who was it?' he asked casually and here, the giant lost his cool. He wasn't gay. He knew he wasn't gay, you knew he wasn't gay, the whole world knew he wasn't gay. And know... How was he supposed to say into whose pants he got last night? Who? Oh yeah, he was smoking hot, sassy and wore eyeliner. And he just so happened to be THE Byun Baekhyun. Let me repeat, HE. Maybe Kyungsoo was the smallest problem, being pretty cool about just about anything, same with Suho. But the rest... Chanyeol wasn't sure if Yifan, Luhan and Tao would let him off the hook as easily as that. 

'About that,' said Chanyeol and he suddenly desired a big drink. With a long straw. 

'Was she from our side of campus?' Kyungsoo calmly continued his questions while preparing the noodles. 

'So I banged... A dude,'The giant blurted out and it came out stranger than he expected. Kyungsoo's dark, deep eyes shot up from the cooking and pierced Chanyeol with their burning gaze. They were just surprised, not anything else. The elder opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the loud splirting sound coming from the living room.

See, there was a thing with Chanyeol. He had a time memorizing voices. When he first moved in with five other guys, he was sure he's going to have trouble telling them apart. But time had passed and now when someone sniffed he could tell who it was. 

'Yifan, what the man! I thought no one was home!' Chanyeol peeped into the living room and found a very shocked looking Yifan hogging the couch, with Coke dribbling down his chin. A large spill of the drink was visible on the coffe table too. 

'Dude, unhygenic,' muttered Kyungoo, who came to inspect the table with a spoon still in hand. He sighed and disapeared into the kitchen, not wanting the noodles to overcook. 

'Chanyeol, what the have you done? I mean... You, Park  Chanyeol, the legendary hunter, got laid with a guy? Like a guy-guy, and balls and everything?'

'Listen here, , if you saw that like I did, it would make you gay on the spot.'

'But... Still! You're not gay, are you? Was that guy just... your type?"

Chanyeol hesitated for a moment. Were carefully made up eyes, soft hair, almost feminine features and a hellishly delectable his type?