two

one last time

 

It had been 3 and a half years since Changkyun had moved to Boston, and he had felt great. He had a bunch of friends, went to a nice school and lived in a big house.
He had thought it would be hard: To move away from Korea and leave his best friend behind, but that hadn't been the case. He hated to admit it, but he had liked living in Boston more than he had liked living in Seoul.
Of course, he had missed his best friend very much, but they had stayed in contact, thanks to the internet. They had talked almost everyday and both of them had still considered the other their best friend.
Jooheon had told the younger his plans of becoming a rapper and Changkyun had gotten really excited for him.

I wish you were here so we could both become rappers together“ Jooheon had said „We would become really famous and go all over the world together!
Changkyun had seen his friends eyes sparkle at the tought of it through the screen and had chuckled, „It's a shame that I'm not there. That would be awesome
He had seen Jooheon's eyes widen and he knew his best friend had some kind of idea.
You will come back, right?“ the older had said „You promised, remember?
Changkyun had bitten the inside of his cheek. He did remember, but did he really want to keep that promise? Could he keep that promise? He didn't know and he didn't want to think about it at that moment. He had gulped and nodded slowly.
I know you won't be able to come back anytime soon but you could start taking rap lessons in America. Or even singing lessons, and when you do come back you can continue to train here. That would totally work out!“ he had been so excited, jumping up and down his seat and clapping his hands. Changkyun had smiled at the sight.
Was that a good idea? Would taking lessons here be the same as in Korea?
He hadn't been sure why he had concidered doing what his best friend told him to do at all. He had never thought about being a singer or rapper before, and he had been 100% sure that he wasn't talented enough for either or it. Heck, he hadn't even been sure if he would ever moved back to Korea at all.

Changkyun“ he had heard his friend call „Stop thinking too much. I know it sounds dumb, but I want to do this with you. Promise me you'll try. Please, for me?
But I can't rap“ Changkyun had frowned.
Then try singing. You can learn. I believe in you
Fine, fine. Ugh, I can't believe you're making me do this“ the younger had huffed.
Promise!
I promise“ Changkyun had rolled his eyes.



And he had. He had kept his promise and took singing lessons, but it turned out that he just couldn't sing… at all. So, he had tried rapping lessons next. To his surprise he was quite good at it. Of course, he needed a lot a practice but his coach had told him he was talented, which had made him happy.
It also had made Jooheon happy when he had told him. The older had gone on and on about how they would stand on stage together, just the two of them and how all the girls would fall for them. He also had started to think of names for their duo, it was ridiculous but Changkyun had felt a little bit of excitment himself.



Almost a year had passed and Changkyun had still been taking rap lessons. When he had told his parents about Jooheon's plan they had laughed, but still agreed to paying for the lessons. Anything that makes our Changkyunnie happy makes us happy too, they had said. And it really had made Changkyun happy. He loved to rap and he loved to write songtexts. He hadn't been completly sure on the whole duo thing, but he sometimes had thought that they could make it happen… if only he didn't have to move back to Korea for it.

But they had still been young and he hadn't known what the future held for them.

 


Ok, so this didn't quite turn out as I wanted it to.

I edited the original chapter but it didn't work out. I changed the first chapter before posting it so now all that I wrote until now didn't make much sense, so I had to rewrite it.

I am editing the third chapter right now so it should be up in a few hours.

This chapter is so short and so boring but this needs to be written because originally I put nubility in the story but since I changed the first chapter I had to cut them out or else it would be a mess.

OK I'm rambling. Sorry for the short boring chapter.