Our Pep Talk

Let Me Go

Nothing could be spread like wildfire if not for rumors and scandals. Within days of Min Young being seen to have dined with In-guk at the high-end restaurant in Gangnam, everyone in the company seems to have the common topic to talk about whenever they meet up. Everyone was curious to know the relationship between them. They wondered what was so special with Min Young that In-guk put all his attention and focus on her.

From picking her up to work, having breakfast, lunch and dinner together to sending her home, everyone was scratching their head on why he treated her that way. And they knew he had never done that to Sunny even though they had been engaged for the past two years.

While they were curious on why she had such privilege, they too anticipating what would happen for Min Young when the news reached Mrs. Seo.  For those whose had been long enough in the company knew how cruel and precise Mrs. Seo would be when she came to get rid of those she felt as a treat to her. And when the news of Min Young being called upon by her during the monthly general meeting, everyone was putting their bet on her being sacked.

“Do have a seat or they will be accusing me for mistreating a pregnant mother.”

Though it was not a friendly invitation, but Min Young did as told as she needed to for the sake of the baby she was carrying.

“I don’t like to waste my time and energy. And so I’ll just say this once and for all. I do hope you get what I mean. You’re a clever girl, don’t you?” Putting her cup of green tea, Mrs. Seo looked straight into Min Young’s eyes like a hungry eagle. Min Young froze for a second but she tried her best in composing her emotion.

“Stay away from my grandson or shall I say, leave him and this company alone. I guess it’s not the first time I told you so. I had warned you 15 years ago. And I’ll say I misjudged you. You’re not an easy woman, don’t you?”

Min Young smiled instead of frowned. “Thank you for remembering me, Mrs. Seo. I didn’t know you have a good memory. Seriously I’m thankful for the space you had for me in your heart for the past 15 years.”

By the look of Mrs. Seo’s expression, Min Young knew this Iron Lady of D Oasis had never imagine that one day she would fight back. After so many years, things had changed and Min Young too had changed for the better. If someone wanted to be mean to her, and she would too be mean to him or her. And now that Mrs. Seo had openly challenged her, she was willing to take it up and proof her wrong.

Mrs. Seo smirked. “Not bad that you had had some guts in replying me. Should I congratulate you for grown up now?”

“It’s up to you, Mrs. Seo. And you too, Mrs. Seo, from what I had heard ever since I stepped into this company, news of how you carry yourself as the Director of D Oasis had spread faster than the light could travel.” The moment she closed , the very moment she felt a hot sensation on her face, burning her at some point that she couldn’t open her eyes. She jumped up in shock.

Laughing at what she saw in front of her, Mrs. Seo said, “Never ever try to be funny with me, Han Min Young. I’m the elder here and I should be the one doing the talking and not you!”

Though there was still the stingy feeling on her cheek, Min Young managed to hide it well. Wiping off her hair that covered her face, she looked up straight into Mrs. Seo, “Stop acting as if you are a kid, Mrs. Seo. Please stop throwing tantrum if someone goes into your way. As the oldest and leader of D Oasis, you should be an example for others, not by threatening others to follow your way.”

“What did you say just now?” Mrs. Seo was clearly in shock. She really didn’t imagine that Min Young could still dare to answer her even though she had treated her that way. She must has the heart of a lion, she pondered.

“Mrs. Seo, time has changed. People changed as well and I’m not exempted. I might look like a scared and timid cat back then, but now I’m no longer afraid of you.”

Mrs. Seo could only grudge her teeth hearing what Min Young had to say.

“Mrs. Seo, can you do me a favor by not harassing and threatening me again. I’m an adult now. I do know how to differentiate what is right and what is wrong. And can you please stop having those thoughts of me seducing your grandson? Both In-guk and I are just friends. We are mature enough to not crossing the borders that separate us. We might have coupled when we were young, but that was in the past. Both of us had moved on.  I had my life and he had his. The thought of being with him again never ever had come across my mind. As a pregnant lady, every action of mine will affect the child in there. I would never ever wish to pass any negative genes to Woo Bin’s child.”

Woo Bin’s child? For a minute, Mrs. Seo wondered whether she had heard it wrongly. How could she carrying Woo Bin’s child? Woo Bin’s marriage to Min-ah, his childhood girlfriend was the wedding of the year and she was there to witnessed they walked down the aisle. So, how on earth he fathered a child with her? Would she, by chance, his mistress? Or is she acted as a spy for them to get information about D Oasis? Questions after questions came into her mind.

By looking at how Mrs. Seo’s face had turned pale, Min Young knew she must had finding it hard to digest what she told her minutes ago. And those widened pair of eyes told her that there were too many questions eager for an answer.

“Are you a spy for Woo Bin?” at last after much hesitation of deciding which question she should ask her, Mrs. Seo broke the awkward silence between them.

Bursting into laughter and shaking her head hard, Min Young denied it. “Mrs. Seo, don’t you think it is a waste of money paying those informers when in the end you couldn’t be sure whether I’m a spy or not?”

“You!” Pointing her finger at her, Mrs. Seo was speechless.

It was another point for Min Young. For as long as she could remember, she had never been such a loser before. But, today it seemed to be so different. Her confident had gone. Her pride was shaken too. She felt like she was being slapped on the face by Min Young. After all, she had never imagined one day that girl she harassed once upon a time came back and had a revenge on her.

Bowing to Mrs. Seo, Min Young asked to be excused. “If there is nothing else for me to explain, may I get back to my desk? I still have lots of work to settle.”

Mrs. Seo didn’t approve nor reject since Min Young didn’t sound like asking her permission. When Min Young closed the door behind her, she slumped on the chair. Her mind kept on flashing those tongue-lashing scenes before her. It was better for heaven’s sake that Min Young left or she might have a heart attack. She had had enough for the day. She couldn’t take it anymore. Dialing her driver’s mobile, she asked to be sent home earlier than scheduled. She needed rest to calm her mind.

 

 

#                               #                               #

 

 

While Min Young was having grilling time with Mrs. Seo, In-guk had his with Sunny in his office.

 

Crossing her hands in front of her chest, Sunny was seriously mad at the guy sitting in front of her. For the past thirty minutes she sat herself there, he didn’t even try and say hello to her. He just kept on doing his work as if the very one second he spent on her could cause him the whole company. Once she had had enough of the way he ignored her existence, she stood up and closed the laptop he was way too absorbed into. She felt bad for her action but she had no other choices to get his attention.

“What are you doing?” he stood up and stared straight into her eyes. His anger could be seen in those glowing pair of eyes.

Sunny’s confidence was shaken a little by the deadly stare of In-guk but she knew she must not freak out at such moment. She must prove to him who is the boss now or else she would suffer even more after their marriage. She couldn’t imagine life under his control, surely it would be very difficult to withstand.

Throwing a stack of photos on his table, she asked for an explanation. “We’re engaged and will be walking down the aisle within a month. How could do such thing to me and made me the laughing stock of the world?”

Without even bother to have a look on those pictures, he told her off. “Stop messing with me, Sunny. If it’s too much for you to handle, then why don’t we just cancel off the wedding? There’s no big deal about it. We know deep in our heart, we don’t love each other and this wedding is just a show to the world and for the benefit of your dad’s company in the business world!”

Biting her lower lips as she hold on to her anger. When she had had enough courage, she popped the question out from , “Are you telling me that you’re going to cancel our wedding and marry that pregnant lady?”

“You asked for it, don’t you, Sunny?”

Sunny shook her head in disbelieve. He said it was her that asked to cancel their wedding? “Me? Are you out of your mind, Seo In-guk? I’ve been co-operating throughout this wedding preparations. You were the one that absent most of the time. You’ve never be serious about it, but I did! And now you’re saying that I’m the one who cause this to end, what nonsense is it?”

Holding on his fists, he hissed through his nose, “Get out of my sight, Sunny before I get mad at you. I’m warning you and I’m serious.”

Sunny scoffed at his warning. “Well, go ahead and get mad at me! I’m kind of curious what you would do to me when you’re seriously mad at me.”

Collecting those photos on his table, he went and grabbed her bag from her hand before stuffing them into it. Then forcefully he took her hands and dragged her to the door.

“What are you doing? Stop pulling me, it hurts. I say stop this, Seo In-guk!” Sunny screamed in pain when her wrist started to hurt by the force of him. But, he turned a deaf ear to her. She tried to free herself from him but failed, he was too strong for her to handle. She had underestimated him this time.

When he pushed her out of his room, she continued to scream and shout. “Seo in-guk, I say stop hurting me, are you deaf?”

“Ha-eun, call her driver and ask them to send her home.” He ordered when he pushed her to Ha-eun.

Feeling ashamed and humiliated by him, Sunny cried. “What have I done to receive this kind of treatment from you? What’s that so great about that that I deserve this? Why must you do this to me? Why must you?”

In-guk turned around when he heard her calling Min Young . “Do mind your manner when you speak! Min Young is not a , but you’re! Stop acting as if you are the one got bullied when you know what you have done behind my back.”

“What have I done? I dare you to say it out loud for all of them here to judge who is right and who is not!”

“Are you sure?” he asked. “It’s so disgusting to even think of it. Are you sure you want your dirty linen known by others?”

“I know I’ve done nothing wrong.”

“Alright, I got your message. Don’t blame me for this, you asked for it yourself.” He then went into his room to get something before he appeared again in front of everyone with a stack of folders.

“Here’s what you did. One, you brought a condo under my name before you transferred the ownership to a man called Tae-min. Two, the two 99-karat gold bracelets I brought from Switzerland was sold to Madam Huang from China and the money collected was too transferred to the man called Tae-min. Three, when you found out that I was close to Min Young, you called up your guys and ransacked her place. Thank goodness that I was there and managed to stop them from starting a fire at her old apartment. Four, CCTV footages had shown that many a time, you tried to push Min Young down the escalator. Five, ……”

Shaking her head with a blood-drained face, she asked him to stop. “Please stop, it’s enough. Please.”

“As you wish.” In-guk shut his mouth up for instance and went straight back into his room.

Whispers could be heard from every corner of the room and stares of hatred were all directed at her. Trying her best in composing her emotion, she straightened her back, wiped away those tears before picking up her handbag and left with her head held high. After all, she was the daughter of GT & Co., and no matter what had happened, she must continue to act as if nothing had happened.

After she had touch-up her face in attempt to cover her red and swollen eyes, she walked out from the washroom and headed straight to her waiting driver at the lobby. When she was about to step into the car, something caught her attention.

Min Young could be seen being led by In-guk into his yellow Ferrari. And In-guk’s face was all tensed up. It was like something had turned sour between the two of them. Seeing that scene, Sunny didn’t know what kind of feeling she had in her heart. It was like a mix up of happiness and jealousy as well as sadness.

When the yellow Ferrari was out of sight, Sunny asked her driver to send her straight to her favorite spot to chill. After such a day, she really needed some personal time to get herself together. As she looked out into the sky, it was sour as her heart was. Hopefully, the sun would come out later, she murmured.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahnyoung guys…^^

Here’s chapter two and the reason I chose the title as ‘Our Pep Talk’ is that both Min Young and In-guk will hold on even tighter to their resolution after their conversation with Mrs. Seo and Sunny respectively…and that resolution will be review in the following chapter…

So, please feel free to drop me a line to let me know what you guys think about this chapter…I promise I won’t bite because all I need is your thought for me to improve…

Subscribe or upvote, it’s up to you to decide…but it’s very much welcome…

Lastly, have a great day guys…^^

~Love, 9394DOKAI~