Lost and Found

Let Me Go

No matter how her heart told her not to get angry at the guy sitting in front of her, Sunny couldn’t stop herself from showing it through her action. When her cup crashed on the floor, everyone in the lounge stopped and turned their attention to her direction. Of course, he too had his attention on her.

“Are you alright?” In-guk asked with concerned. Raising his hand for the help of waiter to clean up the mess, he walked to her and tried to wipe away the stain on her skirt.

Though she was happy that he cared for her but her heart was still aching. “I’m okay. I guess I’m just too tired today.”

“If you’re tired, why don’t I send you home and get some rest? It’ll be much busier for the next few weeks. There are still lots of things to settle before we walk down the aisle.”

Sunny didn’t protest on his suggestion and followed him to get his car. Along the way, stares in admiration could be seen in every pair of eyes walked passed them. They were all envied of her being with the top searched after bachelor in Korea. Even though it was an arranged marriage or so-called political marriage, she still felt her parents made the right choice for her. And honestly, she had been his secret admirer for the past three years. Knowing that he would be hers made her heart blossomed and a wide smile was spread on her face.

“Would you want to drop by and say hello to my mother?” She asked as she stepped out from the car.

“I’m sorry, Sunny. I still have something to settle. No worry though, there will always be a next time. Do send my regards to her, okay?”

“Okay. I’m going in now. Drive carefully and remember to have your meal on time.” she forced herself to act as if she didn’t care. Still, she respected his decision. She waved at him before she stepped into the house.

In-guk waited till she had entered her house safely before he left. Once he had confirmed it, he stepped on his accelerator and headed to Sung Joon’s place. He had received a call from Sung Joon, telling him that the information he wanted the other day had successfully gathered and compiled.

Swirling his red wine before he took a sip of it, Choi Sung Joon had a peek at In-guk’s reaction after reading those information about a young lady named Han Min Young. Being his buddy since their university days in the United States, he had never seen him shown interest on woman though there were many who surrendered their hearts to him. Though he was curious to know why all of a sudden In-guk seemed to be interested on that lady, but he was conscious enough not to poke his nose in In-guk’s private life.

Closing his eyes, In-guk asked, “So, she is currently an employee of my company, isn’t?”

Nodding his head in agreeing in what he had said, Sung Joon replied, “Yes. She is attached to the Customer Service Department.”

Still with his eyes closed, In-guk sighed. At last, he was right when his instinct told him that she was her. They may have been separated for more than a decade, but he could easily recognize her with just a look. Without wasting another minute, he called his assistant in the office and told her to arrange an appointment with her at the earliest possible date.

“I’ll get back to Mr. Seo as soon as possible.” Ha-eun promised before she hanged up the call.

Pouring another glass of Ruffino-Chianti into his glass, Sung Joon couldn’t stop himself from asking, “Who is she and what had she done to make you interested on her?”

“Would you believe it if I say she is my first love?”

Raising his eyebrows, Sung Joon burst into laughter. “So, she was the culprit that hurt you till you find it hard to get into another relationship?”

“No.” shaking his head in disagreement, In-guk put down his glass and had an eye-to-eye contact with Sung Joon. “She didn’t. We had never argued nor fought before we broke off. The truth was both of us were a pair of very loving couple.”

Even In-guk didn’t mention why, but Sung Joon could mentally figure out who separated them. It could no other than In-guk’s grandmother. Who else could be so protective In-guk if Mrs. Seo was not the one.

Praises and recognition could be heard when someone mentioned the name of Mrs. Seo. After all, she had singled handedly brought D Oasis up ever since she took over the seat of Director from her husband that passed away from . For the past thirty years, she had expanded the company into an empire that covered across Asia and the United States. Her ability of making the impossible into possible had earned her the name Iron Lady of D Oasis.

Having only a son to take over when she decided to step down, she had wasted much of her energy and resources to prepare In-guk’s father for the post. It was so unfortunate for her that her son suffered the same fate as his father. In-guk’s father passed away from when he was only five years old. With no one to depend on, Mrs. Seo turned her attention to In-guk, the only male grandchild she had. She planned everything for him and would never accept no as an answer for her arrangement.

Thinking of how In-guk undergone his childhood made Sung Joon shuddered. He would never ever want to have that kind of life where he could not do whatever he likes. He didn’t wish to be tied by someone or be the puppet that was ordered around.

When Sung Joon put In-guk in bed, a smile could be seen on his face. He smiled too. He felt happy for In-guk. It had been a long time since he last saw In-guk smiled in his sleep. He thought perhaps the appearance of Min Young in In-guk’s life could provide him the happiness he missed. Once he was sure that everything was in order, he left the room tip-toed, afraid of making noise that could disturb In-guk’s sweet dream.

 

 

#                               #                               #

 

 

Canceling all his appointment in the morning, In-guk had all the time practiced the way he should smile and greet Min Young when she came to his office in the afternoon. He kept on checking his appearance in the mirror in the hope that he could give her a lasting impression. He thought of the topic he should bring up in order for them to chat after such long separation. Time passed with him realizing. And before he knew it, Min Young had come to see him.

“Mr. Seo, Ms. Han is here.” Ha-eun informed him through the intercom.

Adjusted his tie and checking out his appearance for the one last time, In-guk cleared his throat before he said, “Bring her in and please prepare two cups of coffee. Thank you.”

When the door opened, In-guk acted cool with his eyes looking out at the view outside the windows. Still, his heart was pounding hard and his hands were sweating cold. All of a sudden, his mind went blank. Everything he had planned was gone.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Seo.” Min Young greeted him and waited for his replied. She had been wondering what was in his mind to ask for her so urgently.

After taking a few deep breaths, In-guk turned around and looked at her direction. Just then, a sharp pain could be felt in his heart. It was like someone was stabbing his heart, again and again. That brief passed by the other day didn’t make him realize that Min Young was pregnant. Dressed in a white maternity dress, she could be seen in her last trimester.

“Your coffee is ready, Mr. Seo and Ms. Han.” Ha-eun brought in the coffee with the two of them still feeling awkward with each other. Before she left, she had another peek at them. Though there was nothing to be suspicious of, but her six senses told her that something is going to happen. And as the ‘spy’ for both Mrs. Seo and Sunny, she must do a good job in order for her to get her next promotion.

Min Young didn’t move asn In-guk walked towards her direction to have a clearer image of her. When In-guk touched her left cheek, she was taken aback and took a step back.

“I’m sorry.” In-guk apologized knowing that his action was wrong.

“It’s okay.” Though she was surprised with his action, she was not angry at all.

“Do have a seat.” In-guk invited her to his sofa at the corner of his room. Min Young didn’t protest but just followed from behind.

“Thank you.” Min Young thanked him.

Silence creep in once they had their seat. Both of them returned to their awkward moment. Head won and playing with her fingers, Min Young waited for him to break the ice and start the conversation. In-guk tried his best to think of something but the harder he tried to, the blanker his mind was.

“Are you comfortable in Customer Service Department?” At last, he managed to break the silent.

As if she was relieved with that question, Min Young answered with a smile. “Yes, I do, Mr. Seo. People here are so friendly and helpful. I didn’t encounter any trouble since I started working here for the past eight months. Thank you for your concern.”

So, she had been working with me under one roof for the past eight months? And I only discovered her last week? How could I never notice her before and why must I get to meet her when she was so heavily pregnant? Questions after questions kept on popping up in his mind and he had no answer for each of them.

“Are you free for a dinner tonight, with me?” In-guk asked after much hesitation. For now, his mind was in a mess and he needed time to sort everything out. He figured out that perhaps after a short break, he could have a lively chat with her and get to know more about her. And that was the reason why he invited her out.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Seo.” With piles of cases to settle, Min Young just couldn’t bring herself for a night date with her boss. “I’m afraid I’ve to say no. there are still something urgent for me to settle. Maybe another day, if you don’t mind.”

Though feeling hurt for his offer being rejected, still he managed to force up a smile and said, “You’re right to put your job above all. You’re indeed a good employee.”

“I’m just doing my job, Mr. Seo. Your praise is flattering me.”

“I’m sorry then if I made you felt that way.”

“It’s okay as long as I don’t make it blow up in my head. But, Mr. Seo, is there anything that you want me to do for you when you call asking for me?”

For instance, In-guk couldn’t find a suitable reply for Min Young’s question. No matter what, he couldn’t tell her that he asked for her because of personal feeling.

“I’m just curious to know who the lady is that able to stop MSD Group’s heir from going to the media when it was an open secret that we betrayed MSD Group’s trust and went to work with JC Group for the upcoming project in Gangnam. So, are you willing to share with me the secret on how you did it?”

Min Young laughed a little hearing his reason. She had been having the same question over and over again for the past two weeks. “Are you sure you want to know it?”

“Of course, I’m.”

“Well, if you do then you must promise me it’s a secret between us. Will you?”

“Okay, I promise. This will remain our secret and no other third party shall get to know this.” Locking his finger with her, he swore he would keep it secret.

“I’m carrying Woo Bin’s baby.”

With his eyes widen like a goldfish and mouth dropping into an ‘O’ shape, In-guk looked at Min Young confused and shocked. As far as he was concerned, Woo Bin had been married with Shin Min-ah for two years and they had been the most loving celebrity couple in this industry.  Both were famous for their look and talent. Why would Woo Bin choose to betray his wife and have a baby with Min Young, who basically had nothing compared to Min-ah?

Knowing that In-guk was surprised with her proclamation, she went on to explain. “I’m just being their surrogate mother. I didn’t flirt with him. I’m paid to do my job.”

At last, he could release the breath he was holding. “So, this baby is theirs? But, that was not enough to make them completely silent and from making a fuss in the media!”

“Of course, they didn’t. But I told them that instead of wasting they time, energy and resources on this why not use them at Itaewon. Over there, they have much lesser competitors compared in Gangnam.  And chances are they could make it big and get profit as much as D Oasis and JC Group make in the future.”

“Is there any chance that you’re a spy they send to us?”

Min Young giggled upon hearing his guess. “Of course I’m not. I got interviewed for the job way before I agreed to be their surrogate mother. And this case of trust and betrayal didn’t happen long ago, it just happened last month, Mr. Seo. How could I be their spy then?”

“You got the point. I’m sorry then.”

Min Young wanted to laugh at In-guk being so apologetic but a little motion in her stomach made her frowned. The little angle she was carrying seemed to be enjoying her conversation between her and In-guk. And to show her happiness, she kicked in excitement.

Seeing Min Young sudden changed of expression, In-guk was surprised and at the same time, didn’t know what he should do.

“Are you alright?”

Nodding her head, Min Young took a deep breath after another. Slowly she felt the pain was gone and sighed in relieved. “She just woke up and overheard our conversation. She seems to be interested in our topic. That was why she kicked around to tell me.”

“So the baby is a girl, huh?”

Min Young nodded her head with a smile.

Unconsciously the both of them chatted for the whole afternoon. They had finally broken the ice separating them and became friends, like they once used to be. And seeing how In-guk opened up to Min Young worried Ha-eun. She was unsure whether it was a good sign or the other. Her heart was in dilemma to whether inform her bosses or should she hold onto her wait and see attitude.

It was almost eight in the evening when Min Young asked to be excused.

“Thanks for the coffee but I’m so sorry for not drinking it because I’m pregnant. Maybe next time I’ll try them.” Ha-eun was thanked when Min Young stepped out from the room. Both of them bowed to each other before Min Young made a move.

She was about to enter the lift when In-guk came and stopped her. “It’s almost time for dinner. Are you free to have dinner with me? And I guess it’ll affect the baby if the mother goes hungry.”

Checking on her watch on her wrist, Min Young couldn’t deny that she felt hungry. Though she wanted to say no but the little one in her womb seemed to be disagreed with her decision. She moved around and it was like asking her to give it a go. And with the reason of being a caring mother, she gave him her nod.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahnyoung guys…^^

What do you think about this chapter?

Well, this is another story that I break away from using EXO or Big Bang as my characters…I chose In-guk because I just re-watched *Master’s Sun* and I love his acting, and of course his eyes…(shy,shy)

Feel free to leave me a comment as I love to know what you think…and, I don’t bite, I swear!

Subscribe or upvote, it’s up to you…but it’s very much welcome…

Lastly, have a great day guys…^^

~Love, 9394DOKAI~