Final

Falling Stars, Vanilla and Jeon Jungkook

Falling Stars, Vanilla and Jeon Jungkook

For as long as he can remember, he has always been denied of the best things in life. And what he meant for best is from when he looked up the sky a little too late to see a falling star that has appeared, when he got caught from having done something wrong at school, to when he wanted to buy two ice cream but there’s only one left.

Park Jimin is the chubby cheeked kid who would given up the only ice cream he had, wouldn’t mind to be scolded on his own and not care even if he did not made a wish on a falling star. Because despite not being able to get the best for him it was all worht it as long as his best friend was able to have it.

Jeon Jungkook, the fluffy haired boy who seemed to be in awe to almost everything most of the times if he’s not sporting that cute bunny smile of his. Jungkook who tap his shoulder a little too late in purpose just to that he got to wish on a falling star but he didn’t, the one who Jimin literally pushed out the teachers office just in time for a teacher to come in and see him with the stolen test paper questionnaires in hand, and of course the one who he has given the ice cream, the vanilla one that he liked the most and the younger hated but Jimin said he can choose on not eating the ice cream or eating it even though he doesn’t like the flavor, which of course the younger kid would always  choose the latter.

So to sum it all up he was denied on most of the best things except having a Jeon Jungkook beside him. And Jimin felt like he had the only “best” that matters.

 

But it was also those times of him being contented on giving every little thing he can, to toys, mangas and even tickets to concerts to that cute best friend of his, when all of a sudden a guy with that squared smile appeared. A weird kid from outer space, okay he meant from the other side of the town, transferred to their school in the middle of the school year. Just because of the reason that “he can”, followed by a stupid grin on his face. He would go into details but Jimin doesn’t care so the guy would stop with a pout when he noticed him not listening.

And honestly he would never even cast that kid a glance if not for him acting close and doing lots of unnecessary touching, hugs and cheek pinching to him all the time. In which if not for a person like him who was nice enough he would already kicked the guy and told him to off. But he’s not a kid who curses. And Jimin has to agree that he also finds it hard not to find Taehyung lovable because of his weird nature.

That’s why his best friend Jungkook was also smitten by him in the first place.

And that’s the reason why Jimin is jealous.

“Hyung let’s go to the arcade…with Taehyung hyung”

“Hyung drop by at our house. Taehyung hyung is here”

“Hyung it’s boring. Let’s call Taehyung hyung over”

It’s the first time Jungkook referred to him as boring or maybe he meant by the movie they were watching. But Jimin is hurt. Like the feeling when you realized you can't go out and play because it’s rainy. Or when your teeth hurts so much that you can’t eat your favorite food. Maybe those two were too little to compare to how he felt when Jungkook has said that, especially when the said solution for a boring him is a Taehyung. This is the only time he felt his heart twitched inside his chest and his throat went dry that it was hard for him to speak.

“Just go out.” But he did” I’ll just finish this movie by myself and sleep later”

Jimin thought that his voice came off harsh and cold and hurt. But he didn’t need to worry because obviously Jungkook didn’t notice it at all.

An “okay hyung” and the scramble on his jeans pocket as he take out his phone, feet shuffles and the loud thump of the door when it closes was all he heard after. Jimin wished it was really that. But he can’t deny that the silence of his lonely room made him able to hear clearly an excited Jungkook screaming for his Taehyung hyung and “let’s meet and eat and…have fun together”. Just the two of us.

It’s okay. Jimin thought. At least he can finish the movie without Jungkook’s frequent yawning and the “when will it end” litany. Jimin’s eyes fixed back on the screen.

And then he wondered if he’s really boring.

When all he remembered was how he made Jungkook laugh most of the times in which of course Jungkook has always done to him too just because Jimin really finds everything he did was cute. But now he’s gone. Jimin thought it’s not bad at all. Watching the movie alone makes him pay more attention. But then he turned off the TV even before the lead guy can finally say his most awaited line of confession.

 

A year ended and they move up to another year in high school and Taehyung who claimed that he transfers to a different school every year sat just right beside him because the teacher says they can choose their own seats. And all Jimin wanted was to sit next to the bully of the class instead.

“Jiminie wanna hang out with us at the mall?”

Jungkook was fiddling with his phone while his other elbow was placed on top of Jimin’s shoulder. But at Taehyung’s question Jungkook finally looked up and mumbled something that Jimin can barely hear but from the corner of his eyes he knew he was telling them to Taehyung. Jimin doesn’t need to look at any of them to know so he made an excuse and refuse Taehyung’s offer even before the panicking guy can said his own excuse of not letting him come over.

“I’m grounded so I have to go home early.”

He ignored Taehyung’s worried expression but when Jungkook didn’t ask what happened, well it’s great that his lie won’t go any further but he’s hurt. And jealous, the moment Jungkook loudly pats his back and say goodbye before wrapping his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder and telling him that he should treat him this time and he can’t say no.

Along with the far away laughters and giggles of the two all Jimin did was watched.

 

That night he looked up the sky just in time as a star falls and Jimin was sad because there’s no Jungkook for him to brag about it. But at least he made a wish.

These days he would have his vanilla ice cream for himself. He never got caught for any trouble the bully in class would make him do because he never get caught. Because there was no one he needs to protect anymore.

Jimin can say he was not denied anymore of what he considers as the “best things” in life. He just got denied of the only “best” that matters to him really, the only best friend he would want to have, Jeon Jungkook.


First time writing a oneshot/drabble without a girl. Thanks for reading