ch3

The hidden ones

The door slams shut behind Leila as she turns to her right and shuts on the switch to the living room. Her palms of her hand continue to press against her forehead as she walks to the kitchen cupboards to find a glass.

Frustrated to see no cups she turns to the sink, leaving her hat to her side, turning on the cold faucet she splashes her face a couple of times before Charles hands her a towel. 

"I'm sorry, I completely forgot." he says leaning his arm on the counter. 

"it's fine," Leila finally speaks. "Just don't storm out like that ever again." 

Charles nods, knowing that Leila isn't that angry anymore he looks down and smiles. "You still have to buy me new stuff now that you guys threw it out." 

Leila raises her eyebrows "Hey we didn't-" she didn't bother to finish her sentence when she noticed Charles was already up the stairs. She sighs and follows the steps of Charles and heads to the bathroom. 

Looking into the mirror, the first thing she notices is her eyes. They've turned white on the outer edge of her pupils and her eyes overall have gotten bigger in the last two hours. Her black hair made a mark from the hat she wore, she ran her fingers through until it was gone. 

she searched around her pockets until she found a tiny tablet and pill with the letter L engraved and quickly popped it into before heading to bed. 


It was Saturday around 11 am, standing in front of the window of a coffee shop, Leila adjusts her dress shirt and pants, pats down her hair, and even tried to spread out her eyelashes with her fingers. so tacky she thought. 

"so tacky." she hears from the right side of her ears and jumps. The same boy from yesterday stands a meter away from her, folding his arms. 

Leila turns, and subconsciously scrunches her face, looking up and down at the boy as she continues to fix her hair. "speak for yourself." 

"Where are you going dressed up like that? Better not be an interview." He smirks. 

Leila widens her eyes and looks back at her reflection from the window. "Really?!" she whined. "I didn't think it was that bad." She whispered to herself, but the boy was able to hear. 

Leila turns and tries to walk past him, she has to go change her clothes, she did not want to mess up her interview. 

"I was kidding." He laughed, and in that moment he seemed pure as his voice went soft. Leila noticed the change of color in his hair, it was now more of a light blonde. 

giphy.gif

 

Leila turns and glares at him, then suddenly fixes her posture and lifts her head a little higher than usual. "What you think I was gonna go back and change? I'm heading this way." she says proudly. 

"Your folder says Star Studios Inc." he moves his body so that he faces her. "Its that way." he says pointing to the opposite direction Leila was going. 

Leila flips her folder and irritated, she realizes her cheeks are getting red. Clearing she begins to walk and mumbles "Why do you care anyways." 

The boy begins to smile and watches Leila walk away before he heads into the coffee shop. 

tumblr_nrch7uuwrV1uz5yvao1_500.gif