001

Faking It

Min Yoongi never thought he would get too shocked until he forgot how to breathe for a second.

Min Yoongi never thinks his parents would be his biggest enemies (even after his father threw away his snail pet when he was 4).

Now, he decided he hates his parents after they told him that he will get married soon with girl they chose for him.

Yoongi does not running from Seoul to Daegu to receive the certain news. He put down his favorite, his mother’s made lamb skewer onto the plate, losing his appetite.

“Care to repeat that, mom, dad?” He said, voice stiffened. His fingers tightening on his sweatpants, sure leaving reds on his pale thighs. But he can’t control himself now. He’s mad.

Mrs. Min hummed before she sips on her lukewarm tea. “Yoongi, this is the best for you. I believe, if we didn’t do this, you will not get married and that’s… just no-no.”

Yoongi leaned his back against the wooden chair that slightly crooked. “Mom… I am 23 years old, and I am a student. How can I manage a wife? Who will going feed her? How do I balance my college life with her?” He sighed, feeling his ears red from holding in anger. Although he almost going crazy, the pair in front of him are indeed his parents and he doesn’t want to disrespect them although they did damn bad moves.

“Yoongi, don’t lie. We know you got some thousands in your pocket. We know you’ve been performing here and there. Plus, if you worried about that, we can always support you.” Mr. Min said sternly. “23 years old is big enough to build a family.”

The grey haired sighed in despair. “Mom, dad, I got a girlfriend.”

Both of his parents’ eyes widen in shock, not expecting that answer. Their son, Min Yoongi – the ‘I don’t mix with people because they ’ is having a relationship? Having a girlfriend?

“Min Yoongi! Don’t lie to us! If you really have a girlfriend, bring her to us. This is not some those sappy dramas play in the evening!” Mrs. Min rolled her eyes, quite amused with her son.

Yoongi scoffed. “I will bring her over, mom. Just wait.” He said offhandedly, like it is not a serious matter at all. Yoongi picked back his lamb skewer and shoved the last piece into his mouth, tasting the wonderful spices dancing on his tongue.

“There’s no wait, Min Yoongi! Bring her at this end of the month, during the semester break.” Mr. Min lay down the newspaper on the table as he fix his glasses. “If we caught you’re lying, you’re done.” He warned soon after. Mr. Min knows his son too well. Min Yoongi is a witty, sneaky and smart – getting-off –trouble. The 23 years old man is carefree and always put music on top of everything. His son loves sleeping until 3 p.m., but willing to pull an all-nighter to finish his tracks. Min Yoongi is a weird species.

“I’m finished. Can I go to my room now?” Yoongi wiped his mouth with the napkin that was neatly folded by his mother before he gulped down his orange juice.

“Of course. Wash you dishes first,” Mrs. Min instructed. Yoongi is lazy, so she’s trying her best to get her son worked for something else that isn’t music.

Yoongi hummed. “…kay.”

+ + +

The grey haired man opened his precious Mac before lay down on his stomach, opening the Skype app soon after. He’s relieved when he saw Namjoon’s ID, his bro slash homie for life is indeed online and Yoongi clicked his name without any second thoughts.

“Bro! how’s Daegu?” Namjoon greeted, flashing his abnormal deep dimples to the elder.

“. And my parents set me up for marriage.” He told with a lace of concern mirrored in his eyes. , now that he’s thinking, where should he find someone that willing to be his fake girlfriend?

Namjoon’s eyes widened in shock. “Hyung! And why are you acting like some piece of relaxed potato? Hyung, this is a serious matter. You will get married!”

Yoongi rolled his eyes that it’s almost touch the back of his skull. “Namjoon, my friend that has 148 of IQ, I lied. I said I got a girlfriend. Now the problem is, I don’t own one and my parents want me to bring her home this semester break. And I knew, I ed up.” He explained patiently.

The tanned guy laughed, almost chokes on his fries. “Yoongi hyung, you are stupid, to be honest! Now where you’re gonna find a girl? You are picky, hyung.” He stated with still witty smile on his face that Yoongi wants to slap off.

“I didn’t call you for these kind of reactions, punk.”

“I’m sorry, hyung. But I have few friends? Would you want me to introduce them to you?” Namjoon began picking up his phone, want to show his said friends.

“No, Namjoon! I knew who you befriended with and they are really not my type.” Yoongi snarled, his thought flew to the girls Namjoon’s been hanging out with. They are too loud, too fussy for his own liking.

Namjoon pouted. “Okay. I can’t help you then,” he concluded.

“Thought so,” Yoongi said, inviting a frown from Namjoon. “Meet you tonight,” He said, biding goodbye.

“Okay, safe ride.” Namjoon waved before he exited from Yoongi’s Mac screen.

Yoongi closed his Mac and sighed, feeling burdened with lies he invented. But he won’t getting married with some girl his parents set him up, that would be horrid.

+ + +

Yoongi bobs his head with rhymes blasted loudly through his car speaker, silencing the killing night. He loves driving at night, when the road is not packed with cars.

Feeling his eyes clouded, he stopped at the 24 hours restaurant, decided to have some coffee, although his college is only 1 hour away. He killed the engine and stepped out from his precious Mustang. Yoongi silently approved he live quite too comfortable, but his car was the fruit from the money he gained from spitting bars from Daegu to Apgujeong.

The moment he opened the restaurant’s door, he frowned when the restaurant is packed because for God’s sake, it is 10 p.m. why would they threw a party at the goddamn hour?

“Oh, there you are! Babe!”

Yoongi almost curse out loud when a girl – maybe 150 cm hugged him suddenly, burying her face on his chest. The scent of classic perfume went through his nose.

“So… this is your boyfriend?” A middle aged woman stood up, brows furrowing. “Jihyun? Is this him? Are you my daughter’s boyfriend?”

Yoongi almost denying the truth but he soon knew that maybe this girl is in his situation. His quick mind works fast. “Of course I am. My name is Min Yoongi. I am sorry, ma’am. I got some work stuck. And I am very sorry because I’ve never meet you guys. Now I know where my Jihyun got her beauty from.” He said so softly, and now the girl already released him. Yoongi glanced at her; taking notes that the said Jihyun is maybe even shorter than 150 cm because she is wearing a pair of high heels, her skin is glowing bronze, and definitely a makeup lover. Yoongi can dig this.

“Mum, let’s sit, okay? So we can get know to Yoongi deeper,” She said, wiggling her eyebrows as her arms sneaked around Yoongi’s shamelessly.

The awkward dinner filled with more awkward glances between Yoongi and Jihyun. Yoongi learned that he is supposed to be Jihyun’s 2 years long boyfriend. Her mother is smiling even wider when realizing he’s driving a Mustang.

With them, there’s this boy which is Jihyun’s younger brother, named Jimin. They look nothing alike, and soon later Yoongi knew the siblings got different fathers.

When the clock ticked at 12 sharp, Jihyun’s mother learned that she must go home soon because Jimin has classes to attend tomorrow. She hugged Yoongi (he squirmed in disgust) and told him to drive Jihyun home safely.

Both of them watched her mother and brother drive away with their local car. Yoongi turned to her; eyebrows furrowed.

“Okay, let’s have a cup of coffee first. Please?” Jihyun smiled apologetically. “My treat, please, Yoongi.”

+ + +

“So you lied to your mother by saying you have a boyfriend just to shut her up?”

Jihyun nodded. “And to prevent her from setting me up with a weird guy I don’t know where she picked from.” She continued. “Here, I am so sorry Yoongi. You must be so confused and but I really need help. I didn’t expect they came all the way from Busan just to meet my boyfriend,” she sighed, hands tightening around her hot cup of café latte. “I am so sorry. I would do anything to repay this. As long as it reasonable and appropriate.”

Yoongi scoffed at the added conditions. “What do you take me for?” he scowled, frowning.

The girl shrugged. “Just to be careful.” She stopped for a second. “Do you really have something in store for me to help?”

Yoongi smirked. “Park Jihyun, as a repay for this , please pretend that we are dating in front of my parents.”

+ + +

Author's Corner :

First chapter is up! Please give feedback ! 

hugs and kisses :D