two

Through Hell and High Waters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun woke up with the feeling of someone staring at him, he searched for that someone in his half-awake state with only one eye opened, he spotted a figure at the far end of the room. He rolled his eyes in his mind, as he is unable to right now, “Sehun, babe,” he called for who he assumed was Sehun, “I know you’re excited, but you have to let me sleep, or else the people might not think of me as your…Queen, I guess?” He chuckled at himself. 

Last night, Baekhyun had a hard time dosing off to wonderland, thrilled by the thought that this is going to be his last night sleeping apart from Sehun. The coronation day is also their wedding day, which marks their legality as a married couple meaning, there is no stopping them from sleeping beside each other, spending nights snuggled and warm in Sehun’s arms, Baekhyun feels himself blushing at the thought. Praise the gods, the room is dark and Sehun won’t see how flushed he is right now. 

“Oh, I’m sorry for my intrusion, the Queen needs to sleep.” Any trace of drowsiness was gone at the sound of the man’s voice because it is obviously not Sehun’s nor anyone he knows of. 

“Who are you?” Baekhyun demanded, his tone strong and demanding in spite of his current state. The man chuckled at him in response, and Baekhyun felt the hair at the back of his neck raising. “Get out of my room, or I’ll scream.” He threatened. 

Despite his warning, the man only laughed at him, soft and taunting, daring Baekhyun to do so. Baekhyun can scream at the top of his lungs right now, but he didn’t—he couldn't. 

The man is creeping him too much, he feels his heart racing as beads of sweats form on the sides of his head. He moves further back to his bed, distancing himself more to the man.

The darkness heightened his other senses, he felt a scream lodged in his throat as he feels the man nearing him, he doesn’t know why he can’t let the scream out. One thing is for sure, he is scared beyond belief, he is shaking—trembling from fear. 

“What are you doing? Get away from me!” It was an order, but it sounded like a plea from how his voice broke at the end. 

“Oh? Are you afraid, little Queen?” His voice is calm and teasing, but what Baekhyun hears is so much more than that. Something akin to a warning, something like madness, something dangerous. He didn’t realize that the man is so close to him until he felt a breath directly fanning his cheek, he squirmed away. “Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you,” was the last thing he heard before he lost consciousness. 

——————

It’s cold. 

Baekhyun woke up with a start, eyeing his surroundings before closing his eyes again, this is just a nightmare, wake up, wake up. Fear crept his every being as he realized that he has been abducted, and he feels so scared and small and vulnerable, Baekhyun choked back the sob that was threatening to escape him. 

Am I going to die? He asked himself, he feels so hopeless like a rat surrounded by a viscious and poisonous snake. The only thing that is holding him down from having a breakdown was Sehun because his boyfriend will find him, and he will be safe in his arms again. He hugged his knees close to his chest as burying his face in them, feeling the wetness of the tears on his skin.

A grunt. 

Immediately, he lifted his head up searching for the source of the sound when his eyes detected another two figure laid down at the other corner of the room. Slowly, he walked towards the other inhabitants of the room, steps cautious and careful not to make any sound. He allowed his vision to adjust to the dimly lit room. There was hardly any light in the room, as there was only one window, but there are two other girls.

“Who are yo-“ his question was cut off by the girl’s sobbing, and he instantly dropped all of his anxieties and ran off to where the girl was to comfort her. He observed that the girl’s head was hung low, as she wipes her tears over and over, but they never stop. 

“Hey, hey, shh. It’s okay, don’t worry, it’s—“gonna be okay, or is it? “I’m here.” Baekhyun held her face, lifting it up and he was taken aback momentarily upon seeing who she is, his heart broke more than it could, knowing that Seulgi is with him, unsafe in this dark room. 

“Seulgi! Oh my god.” He waited for her to calm down a bit before asking her some silly questions she probably wouldn’t know, too. “Hey, are you okay?” It’s a dumb question, but he felt Seulgi nod anyway. 

“Prince Baekhyun, do you where we are?” She managed to say through her broken voice. The said man slammed any hope he had of finding anything about their situation from Seulgi. 

“No, I’m sorry sweetheart.” His response only made the girl wailed again. 

“Mother! Where is my mommy?” She cried and Baekhyun suddenly remembered the other person present in this room, he gasped—could it be? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter