one

Through Hell and High Waters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Prince Sehun! Wake up!" Chanyeol, his friend and trusted knight, is banging the door like a madman; and while the punishment would've been banishment from the Aurae Kingdom, but being the ever-forgiving friend he was, he would just give his knight an earful of a lecture about not abusing his perks. 

Sehun trudges lazily to the door, halting his tracks to check the time—5:45 IN THE FREAKING MORNING! He grunts in frustration, rolling his eyes at his friend, who woke him fifteen minutes early than his usual waking time. But, this day isn’t like any other day, says a soothing voice at the back of his head. 

Oh.

Oh, it's coronation day today, that must be it. He shakes his head at his silly friend, his booming voice still echoing from outside his room. 

"What?!" Sehun feigned annoyance at his friend, which was soon replaced with worry upon seeing his worry stricken face.

"Th-the, Baekhyun—and, and—gone,” The prince watched his friend who is randomly spewing out incoherent words while gesturing his hands frantically. Shaking him lightly by the shoulders, "Chanyeol, hey, get a hold of yourself." The trick seemed to work, as he was now watching his comrade taking deep breaths to calm himself. 

"Baekhyun is not in his room," he said simply.

"So?" The news was not quite shocking, knowing that his lover has a penchant for the cool morning breeze.

"No, no, you don't understand, we searched all over the palace for him after Yixing discovered his room in total havoc. Kai thinks they've been abducted."

Coldness washed over the soon-to-be King, he found himself lost for words, his heart filled with worry, and he feels his chest constricting making his breaths laboured—wait. “THEY?!”

The other man confirmed with remorse, “yes, the Queen and Princess Seulgi are gone, too.”

Prince Sehun thinks he could die right now from anxiety. He out. 

 

 

Sobriety soon visits him, his eyelids fluttered open and he breathes a sigh of relief, that was a hell of a ing nightmare. 

“You’re awake! Prince Sehun, you passed out. Kai ordered an army to rescue the Queen and—“

, another nightmare again.

“NO! WAKE UP, YOU ! This isn’t some ing dream! Your family and your fiancé are in ing danger!” At that, Sehun bolted up facing his knight because , it isn’t a dream, Baekhyun and my precious sister are in danger with my mom, . Oh, gods please save them. 

“Leave us alone,” Chanyeol ordered. Sehun failed to notice his men loitering inside his room, after hearing the door shut, his friend asked him to have a seat and calm down, giving him a glass of warm water. 

“What do you mean they’re abducted? They can’t be—I mean, there are at least five palace guards on every corner of this castle,” it feels like he is still in a dream—no, a nightmare he can’t escape from, this can’t be happening, it’s impossible, “unless… there was someone from the inside.” Anger and betrayal surged in him like a venom in his vein and a bullet pierced in his heart. 

“That was what Kai was thinking, too. The er, whoever the he was, seemed to know the routine of the security. Wu fan hunched that it happened during the changing of shifts.” Sehun shut his eyes in rage, he was seething—ready to kill.

“, , ,” he chanted, fists repeatedly slamming harshly on a hard surface; it was painful, yes, but not as painful as the thought of his loved ones suffering and scared and unsafe. The scenario playing in his mind terrified him, he can’t stand the thought of his cherished little sister crying in fear.

He has always been protective of Seulgi, she was his weakness. He always looked after her sister, ever since they were young, reading her bedtime stories and letting her snuggle with him whenever she feels like it or when the monster’s going to eat Seulgi with a pout even the headmistress is not immune to. 

He failed, he let his late father down, King Changmin made him vow to protect her mother and their beautiful princess at all costs. 

Oh, his Baekhyun, knowing him he would be cursing and threatening his abductors. (let us go, at this instant. my boyfriend will have your heads, release us! the queen is with me, this is punishable by death! traitors are not welcomed in this kingdom!) 

Baekhyun is fearless, Sehun knows that even at times like this his other half wouldn’t simply back down, his strong eyes wouldn’t falter and display fear. But, he knows his strong babylion is a scared cub in times like this. This is one of the things that made him fall deep with the smaller, he trusts Sehun with his life, that is why he’s able to fight like that. 

Sehun won’t let him down, never. 

Wait for me, Baek. 

“Be strong, Sehun. They need you to be, and you have to be for the Kingdom,” the said man took a long breath to regain his composure. “Okay, call in Kai. I want to know what information he has about this.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter