Chapter 25

One last time. Jikook.

“Jimin...” Jimin was lying on his back on the white sheets. Taehyung sat beside him, trying his best to keep his tear from pouring out. He gripped onto the rim of his sweater.

“Are you leaving me?” Jimin grinned and started to draw circles on Taehyung’s palms.

“If you want me to.”

“No!” Taehyung took both of Jimin’s hands.

“I’ll never let you go…” Taehyung bit his bottom lip. Jimin leaned forward and embraced him with his weak arms.

Jimin giggled slightly.

“Your wish is my command.” Taehyung took his phone and and held it above both of them, Jimin giggled and slapped Taehyung’s arms.

“Now is not the time for selfies…” Taehyung grinned and held Jimin close.

“Come on, just one for my screensaver.” Jimin laughed and smiled at the camera.

“Cheese!”

 

“Jimin, we’re going to go through your first treatment…you’re not gonna like it.” Baekhyun clicked his pen consecutively.

“Basically in short we’re sticking tube in you…” Jimin’s face turned pale.

“Oh my god Jimin…not in you, like in your mouth…not in your…” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Jimin laughed like a three years old child.

“You may stay, but we suggest you to stay outside…for many reasons.” Taehyung shrugged.

“Good luck.” He squished Jimin’s cheeks and left the room.

“You look like a mad scientist.” Jimin commented as Baekhyun started to set up his machine.

“Well I was up all night yesterday researching.” Jimin giggled as Baekhyun pressed him down on his bed.

“On your back, and try not to imagine things while I do this.” Jimin took a deep breath in, and out.

 

Taehyung sat awkwardly outside Jimin’s room and took out his phone.

‘Taehyung, where are you? And Jimin?’ From Hosoke.

‘Kim Taehyung, reply.’ Yoongi.

‘Tae…please reply, we can’t have you missing…’ Namjoon.

‘I’m sorry, please tell Jimin I’m sorry.’ Jin.

And followed that a ton of spam from them.

“Aish…” Taehyung ran his fingers through his blond hair and hung his head low.

Another buzz caught his attention, he tried to ignore it, but he then realized that it was a call from Jungkook.

“Yes?” Taehyung held the phone to his ears and leaned back in the uncomfortable hospital chair.

“Taehyung?” A weak voice whispered into Taehyung’s ears.

“Jungkook.” Taehyung growled.

“Look, everyone is trying to find hyung.” Taehyung snickered.

“So?”

“Can you tell me where he is?” Taehyung raised a brow at this.

“I thought you hated…”

“Please, Taehyung…” Jungkook pleaded. Taehyung was taken back at his whimpering voice.

“Are you alright?” Taehyung asked quietly.

“I might miss him just a bit too much…” Jungkook whispered, Taehyung chuckled.

“Taehyung…did you cry yet?” Jungkook asked out of the blue. Taehyung laughed and tilted his head sideways.

“No, why did you ask?”

“You feel guilty don’t you?” Taehyung stopped smiling and it turned into a frown.

“No, I…”

“You feel like you can’t cry….” Taehyung bit his lips.

“I don’t…I don’t have the right to…” He giggled.

“Even if I want to, I feel like my eyes are dry…like I’ll never be able to…”

“Exactly.” Taehyung looked up at the ceiling and blinked twice.

“You can’t feel like that; you were the one that’s been with him since the beginning.”

“Jungkook…”

“You were the one Jimin could reply on, the one he trusted.”

“Stop it…”

“Unlike any of us you…you were always rooting for him until the end.” Taehyung covered his face as his shoulders shudder.

“You loyal brat, always a step in front of me.” Taehyung finally let everything out. Everything, every last bit of sorrow. He cried and cried, he didn’t care if people stared, he didn’t give . Tears were pouring down like a waterfall, the call ended long before Taehyung realized as he wiped his eyes with his sleeve.

“Had a good cry?” Baekhyun smiled and let him in, where Jimin lay there motionlessly.

“Is he…?”

“Oh he’s fine.” Baekhyun started to write something on his notepad.

“Probably shock and pain, he’ll be up and running in no time.” Baekhyun smiled and waved.

“Take him on stroll, he’ll enjoy it.” Taehyung bowed slightly.

 

“Jimin?” Taehyung sat next to his best friend and poked his shoulder.

“Tae…” Jimin turned around.

“It feel so bad~” Jimin whined. He then started to explain what happened during the operation with the tubes, no matter how much Taehyung stopped him Jimin kept on pushing.

“I get it, I get it!” Taehyung laughed as he gestured Jimin towards the wheelchair.

“Will you be so kind as to carry me there?” Jimin asked in a deep tone that made Taehyung giggle.

“Here…” Taehyung carried Jimin and placed him carefully into the chair.

“Good?” Taehyung asked as he pushed Jimin out on the hallway.

“Oh right…I need to show you something.” Taehyung pulled out his phone.

“Here.” Taehyung shoved it into Jimin’s hands.

“What’s this?” Jimin asked with his weak voice.

“It’s from everyone.” Taehyung said as he turned to corner, heading towards the garden.

“I just want you to see that they still care for you…” Jimin giggled and pressed the screen against his chest.

“They still care…” Taehyung grinned and ruffled Jimin’s flashing silver hair.

“Of course they do, are you kidding me?” Taehyung took back his phone and stopped in front of the water fountain.

“Taehyung…You’ve been here three days straight.” Jimin said as he fumbled with his clothes.

“Yes…” He said slowly as Jimin sighed and looked up at his best friend.

“I mean…you’ve done enough for me, really.” Taehyung took a seat on a bench next to Jimin and tilted his head, confused.

“What do you mean?” He asked in a panicked voice.  

“You should go, that’s what I’m trying to say…you’ve been through enough trouble with me.”

“Wait, no, it’s okay! I can still…” Jimin bit his bottom lip and shook his head.

“Taehyung, Jin and everyone is worried and Jungkook needs someone with him to calm him down…”

“But…” Jimin pinched Taehyung’s nose and sighed.

“You been with me the longest…you can go now.” Jimin smiled.

“But I want to be with you until…” Jimin shook his head.

“It’s not your choice anymore Tae, they need you back there.” Taehyung didn’t seemed to be moved, so Jimin kissed him on the cheek.

“I need you there with them.”