.02

for him.

 

When Taeyong arrived back to the studio, the lunch bell hadn’t even rung yet to signal the start of lunch. Johnny and Mark were stretching, Jeno was laying on the ground panting. Ten probably gave them the key to skip class.

“Hey kids, did you guys skip fourth?” Taeyong took off his blazer and threw his bag aside. He changed into shorts, knowing he wouldn’t need to change back for his elective classes, “I told you guys not to start skipping classes until your second year.”

Mark laughed, squeaking when Jeno groaned, rolling up next to him. “Technically we didn't skip. We got kicked out and had to sit in the hall, and Ten gave us the keys when he was walking with the vice president.”

Speak of the devil, Ten walked into the studio, hands in his pockets and missing his black beanie. He also was changed out of his uniform in preparation for dance class. He was in a better mood than earlier, humming with a slight smile on the edge of his lips. Ten walked over to the speakers, plugging in his phone to use for the meeting. Light music flowed into the room and everyone gathered around in a circle.

“There's nothing new this week besides from the fact that we're still part of the prep rally so we’re starting practice next week. I'll send out the hall passes, even if you guys don't show up to class.” Ten folded his fingers down, marking off the announcements. “Oh, and then we're holding a cypher under the name of this branch of dance club. I've been meaning to ask leadership and just got permission with the vice. That's about it for this week's meeting.”

Ten dismissed them with a wave as he started to stretch. They all branched out among the studio, either freestyling to the music or wore headphones to practice for the upcoming prep rally. Midway through lunch, Doyoung walked through the studio doors, knocking on the threshold.

“Oh, Doyoung, hey.” Ten walked over to the vice as he fixed his hair quickly and aired out his shirt on the way. Johnny snickered and went to the speakers, turning down the music. None of the other kids cared, too tired from practicing. “Why’d you come here?”

Doyoung took the black beanie off, Ten’s beanie if Taeyong was correct, and combed through his messy brown hair with his fingers. “I forgot to return your beanie before you left. I was over at the other dance club with Jaehyun until he told me that you didn’t go there for club. Took me forever to find you.”

Ten nodded, but Taeyong could’ve sworn he saw Ten’s face darkening at the mention of Jaehyun. Doyoung reached over to put the beanie on Ten’s head himself before he stopped at the sight of his sweaty body. There was a pause before Ten took the beanie and put it back on the vice. “You could’ve of just hung onto it. We have class together tomorrow anyway. Ah, could you wear it for now? I have dance class next so I probably won’t wear it.”

Doyoung nodded and looked around awkwardly. Both Ten and Doyoung said nothing but just stood there. Johnny rolled his eyes and started to walk over, They’re so awkward damn muttered under his breath. The senior slung his arm over Ten and Mark laughed on the side at the sight of the height difference. With an irritated grunt, Ten slipped from under Johnny’s arm and ran to tackle him. Taeyong sighed. He moved to turn the music back up before going to the other three.

“You’re Princess’s friend? Hi, I’m Johnny and welcome to the nct branch of the dance club.” Doyoung’s eyes darted around nervously, and suddenly Taeyong felt bad, just a little. “Why’re you friend’s with a delinquent though?”

Doyoung looked confused. “Ten isn’t a delinquent though? He skips class a bunch but he’s got good grades and stays out of trouble. He’s a good kid.”

Mark laughed even louder from where he was - the boy had bat ears - as he fell to the ground, clutching his stomach. Ten made the motion of kicking him in the stomach and Ji Sung walked into the studio before getting freaked out by the sight. Johnny looked from the other members to Taeyong and mouthed is he blind?

“You should come here more often, so I can tell you about all of Ten’s… juvenile endeavors. Crimes. ”

Ten, obviously fed up with the club bagging on him, stalked over to Doyoung and pulled him away to the corner. Doyoung startled but didn’t argue, letting the younger drag him along. They stayed there for the rest of lunch and Johnny was having fun sending snide remarks their way.

“He’s really going to hate you one day if you keep that up.” Taeyong said offhandedly, folding up his uniform. Johnny only hummed in recognition. “Where’s Yuta? I just realized he didn’t come to club.”

“He left school with his friend to go skip,” Johnny replied and watched as Mark laid over Jeno’s back, Ji Sung giggling on the side. “It’s his friend’s first time so they left for the rest of the day.”

Taeyong opened his mouth to say something but paused and looked at his friend. Johnny was close with all of them, most likely closest with Ten and Mark. Taeyong knows he spends a majority of his time with Ten because Ten would put aside whatever he was doing to go be with him. Since Ten always skipped class and stuck out to travel the night, they were a good pair. Their own Bonnie and Clyde.

Mark though, was a different story. Mark was a first year, a practical baby. He rarely skipped class and never caused trouble besides from messing around in class too much. Mark didn’t wear things to piss off teachers or swear at whoever he wanted to. There was no fighting or screaming into the night or vandalizing for the aesthetic and rush of running from the filth. Mark was a good kid who laughed too much and liked to skateboard while drinking coke and owned more than enough hats.

They were close, Mark and Johnny, but there was the two year that would seem like forever and they were too different.

“Whatever you’re thinking, you should probably burn it,” Johnny muttered under his breath, “I’m not sad or whatever the . Just looking out for my favorites, that’s all. Go make Taeil be the mom or something, I’m tired of you mothering me.”

They all left to dance class separately; Ten and Doyoung disappeared when the bell rung and Johnny went to walk Mark to class. The little JJ duo tottered around after the american pair, leaving Taeyong to walk alone.

Taeyong wondered if they were alright before he pushed away the thought.

 


i lowkey wanna delete this fic bc im so unhappy with it but heres another chapter until i decide what to do with it